As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore's 69 Techniques

Welcome, Pilsner, to das Bierzengartenimperialhouzen.

I...don't actually understand how my cities are connected without Sailing but I'll happily take it.

Still think I'm going to go with the micro that connects the two cities for moving ease, but I'll have to check to make doubly sure. Maybe I can get that all-important turn 50 third city after all.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Don't you need sailing only if the coastal connection has some tiles out of culture ?

Correct. They are connected by water because the path is under your cultural control.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

All true
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Yes, my brain fart was in not counting on the diagonal.

Meanwhile, our single warrior unit has figured out the secret of "hide behind a tall piece of wood". It'll be a while before archery, but I'd help if such a thing happens.

I love the event doubling. Is it also going to affect forest growths? Mine pops? I've seen three forest growths already this game.

No it only affects events.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

Oh.

This, available to everyone, is definitely going to affect the early game. Rewards if I recall aren't amazing (C1 or March I think?), but just it being out there might decide some madman to go for a chariot rush, so spears are more attractive. It's... going to be interesting...

Rewards are

C1 for chariots or
Convert 5 cities to your religion if you have a state religion.

Buy me a coffee

(January 15th, 2023, 09:00)Charriu Wrote: Rewards are

C1 for chariots or
Convert 5 cities to your religion if you have a state religion.

Cool, been a while on that. So it's debatably worthwhile for religious spread; I'd rather spend 240 hammers on chariots and the free spreads instead of just 200 hammers on missionaries with no military added. That's a wonder's worth of hammers, though, and countered pretty hard by a pair of spears.

Noted, considered, but not priority.