As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[PB70] Charriu tries to promote the arts again

I'm pretty sure that PB63 was Ginger's first game on RealmsBeyond, but he has multiplayer experience from other sites.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(March 10th, 2023, 16:09)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Ah, I guess I don't see CtH as a wholly different game.

I don't see it that way either. But I collect all the data from all CtH game and that way I know that 63 was the first
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

The song

Music: RebeccaETripp - Final Fantasy IV 'Tales of Courage and Sorrow' OC ReMix

I already said that back in PB67, but it's worth repeating. RebeccaETripp is a force of nature. I don't know how else to describe here. Her output of arrangements is astonishing and the quality only got better with each year. It's amazing.

Here she rearranges the main theme/world map theme from Final Fantasy IV. I love that she gave the piece some more breathing space in the beginning before the main theme really kicks in at 0:42. The piece stays very close to the original for the most part, but it's arranged and instrumented in a very careful and well done way. What sticks out are the percussions, which really complete the piece in a great way and gives it a certain drive.

As for buying this piece, you don't have to. This music is from Overclocked Remix and if you haven't heard about them then boy have you a lot to catch up in terms of VGM. They are most certainly the biggest community around remixes of video game music in all kinds of different genres. They also frequently provide album projects around a single game. They worked with different game companies to do soundtracks like for example Capcom and composer of video game music frequently also do remixes on OC ReMix. You can be sure that you will here a lot more from OC ReMix here.

T10:

Not that much happened during the last turns except for quiet exploration. As you can see the land didn't continue much further to my west and I quickly moved back north along the coast. Some first thoughts about the map. I like that I see plain and desert tiles. When PB67 because the rest cried for a new map I feared that this new map could turn out as a boring green hellscape. But no we have some variety in terrain, which I appreciate. I hope I see more of that variety. As for my guess about the map shape. It looks like this torodial map are just some diagonal stripes. This could mean 1 southern neighbor and 1 northern neighbor and maybe additional neighbors across the sea. I have some thoughts about that shape, but will withhold them until my shape-theory is confirmed.

Speaking of neighbors as you might see I just met my first neighbor BING to my north. I just contacted him and you will here more of him in the future. I'm quite happy with him as my neighbor. Hopefully my other neighbor is Mjmd.

Back home we also have some events. The Wheel is finished and I continued with Fishing. My first worker is also done. As you can see I put my tech path as well as the worker actions into the screenshot. We'll see how managable this is, but I hope it's a bit more engaging and clear what I'm doing that way.

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I for one appreciate the worker planning notes; might even copy that at some point.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

You cannot immediately see it in my screenshot, but Bing has a corn resource in his BFC and he recently researched Agriculture. That means everybody except me has Agriculture. Meeting anybody else in the upcoming 8 turns does mean I will actually profit from KTB and get Agriculture 1 turn earlier. And I also have a high chance that the others finish Bronze Working before me, giving me additional KTB there too. Feels great if others do the heavy lifting for me. smile

Buy me a coffee

There's actually quiet a lot to report right now, but honestly I really don't care to put much time into this PB at this precise moment in time. Ginger looks to miss his turn a second time in just a few turns. When you cannot even commit to a scout move per turn, how can you actually commit to a full game. I think we will soon search for sub to Ginger, but I doubt we will find someone. So this game will die again. It sucks big time.

Buy me a coffee

I'm sad to hear that frown

Me too. frown.

The whole saga of the attempted diplomacy PB has been sad to watch so far.
Participated in: Pitboss 40 (lurked by Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 45 (lurked by Charriu and chumchu), Pitboss 63 (replaced Mr. Cairo), Pitboss 66Pitboss 69, Pitboss 74
Participating in: Pitboss 78 (lurked by GT), Pitboss 79 (lurking giraflorens)

Criticism welcome!

Wow it's already a saga. Awesome lol

Buy me a coffee

The song

Music: Daniel Ran - Lufia 2 'Iris; The Mystery Lady'

For those who don't know Lufia 2. It's a classic RPG from SNES era. The two main gimics of that game were that you had a lot of puzzles to solve too in the dungeons, which also involved the enemies and the ancient cave, which is a big randomly generated dungeon that gets gradualy harder, basically a rogue-like game inside this game.

But what the game also had was good music. This piece is the character theme of Iris, a mysterious woman you constantly meet during the story of the game. The song perfectly fits the character and Daniel Ran managed to enhances this effect with the fragile vocals in the background. The song mainly stays very close to the original, but since you don't find that many arrangement of it I am fine with it.

I don't know where to buy this song by Daniel Ran. I only stumbled across it on youtube a long time ago. Daniel Ran solds some of his other music and you can find info about that here: https://danielran.com/

T16:

I finished the exploration between me and Bing. Nothing especially interesting between us. Of note are only the 3 spice resources and the gold which clearly belongs to Bing. I also promised my first interaction with him:

Quote:Charriu: Hello again, my scout just found your border to your south. Looks like this time I won't have to enter your territory to get past you. ?

Bing: that was a huge pain in the ass

Charriu: Well the map will find another way to be that pain. Looks like we will be direct neighbors, but I think we will be able to find common ground here and a solution that works for both of us.

And that's all the mute wrote. Looking forward to talking with the wall again. You cannot imagine how happy I was when in T13 the next player knocked on my door with their scout to my south.

Quote:Mjmd: Hi neighbor
https://youtu.be/cCFBsCLzaWI
have you scouted west / southwest of yourself?
also any map thoughts?

Charriu: No I went west / northwest of myself. I figured the T25 CRE border pop will reveal enough to my southeast. Should be similar for you, right?

Mjmd: due to similar land areas I'm guessing starts are similar, so ya I didn't loop my scout but instead am relying on border pop for coast scouting

Charriu: Yeah, felt like a waste of scout turns to loop around. First small bonus for CRE this game ?
By the way should you want to move past me, you can go around my cap in either direction. Nothing is blocking your way for now

Mjmd: I do like cre. Do you think there is something west? There is a jungle forest belt I kind of went around. So not sure if there is someone else that way or if just coast

Charriu: I found nothing but water to my west. Just one landtile across the water which could be an island. Looks like this map are diagonal stripes across torodial wrap

Mjmd: I may just go SW for that and to scout my own south. Hm interesting. I was wondering if it was donut, but there wasn't enough curve, so stripes makes more sense that would still mean we have 2 neighbors and then some by sea most likely? so 2 land and 2 sea

Charriu: Maybe. I'm open to map trading to confirm any theories.

Mjmd: Later for sure. There is a pretty clear river between us that is mid pointish assuming you found same north

Charriu: Can't say that I did, but maybe I just need to explore some more.
Also how great is it that we are neighbors again. ?
Glad that I don't have a mute as a neighbor. ?

Mjmd: I'm not always great on discord like SD, but not mute either

Charriu: I was a bit disappointed when Tarkeel left us. He and you were the ones, who seemed to actually engage in diplo in PB67 that is

Mjmd: SD did for me, but we kind of had to

Charriu: Isn't it already night-time on your side?

Mjmd: Its 12:30 ya so did you choose Russia just because of mod thread or? I know I felt like I had to put my money where my mouth was

Charriu: No, its starting techs fit and I was thinking about Russia back in PB67. I had a feeling that you took America, because you wanted to deny it to me.

Mjmd: Only like 5%. 95% was that I cant say it needs nerfed then pick something else lol
I did like Bings Mali pick

Charriu: But does Mali really need PRO? I feel the skirmisher is already strong enough

Mjmd: I mean it is, but its a valid economic trait. Make extra sure no one messes with you early. Seems fine. Make a run on MC

Charriu: Of course, but it should be possible to establish foreign trade rather quickly on this map with Sailing

Mjmd: He also has best chance for Great Lighthouse. I was actually heavily thinking of Cre/Pro if no one else went pro before me you still can do it, but especially with diplo with few players you better make sure you have routes lined up

Charriu: Yes, Great lighthouse looks possible. But don't forget it obsoletes now with paper. Yes foreign trade should be easy with sailing

Mjmd: Still a good deal and factor into traits arriving at paper in good shape is good ?

Charriu: Of course. Well I'm off for now. Wish you a good night there. ?

Mjmd: night

That's what I call a proper diplo interaction.

Back home the next small events happened. The first camp is connected and I grew to 2 pop. Above you see my micro plan until the first settler is done. It's doesn't look that interesting at first, but there is one unusual thing in there. When I start working the clam tile in T18 the workboat is still not done until T20. Meaning for those 2 turns I trade 1 hammer from the banana tile for 2 commerce from the lake tile. This will delay the work boat by one turn.
Now you might rightfully say, why do that. Well by delaying the work boat I loose 2 food from that one turn, but what this does is it overflows 2 hammers from the work boat directly into the settler. And those 2 hammers are needed to finish the settler 1 turn early then the old plan with exactly 100 hammers. Since I won't have any hammers to overflow from the settler I will continute growing directly after the settler, which takes care of the lost 2 food from earlier and I will grow to 4 pop one turn earlier that way.

Lastly thanks to meeting Mjmd I get enough KTB to finish Agriculture 1 turn earlier. Great.

Buy me a coffee