As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore gets medieval

First to three cities.
[Image: Q64v7ZM.jpg]
I'm not sure it's strictly the right call, but my view is that the sky-high happy cap plus free granaries is pushing this early tight spacing/lot of tile sharing here. If this game actually makes it to industrial we're completely screwed anyway, so commerce is gold/silver/plantations, and no worries otherwise.

Micro note that I've been forgetting: We start with Drama. Thus, if I need a quick border pop there is also the option of culture slider.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Taking advantage of the longbows' mission, might as well pillage the barbs.
[Image: Ex6mvoA.jpg]

Pretty sure this means good things for Scooter. He's eating an obscene amount of anarchy but early Bureau will make up for the lost time pretty darn fast.
[Image: 5C1Gbb0.jpg]

Scooter wins this if he's not messed with, I think. Heading over to Thoth to suggest we mess with him.
[Image: DaMDNW4.jpg]
Center island being jungled with bananas for food makes it very painful to settle in any kind of decent time.

Might as well knock over the piggy-bank that is the preplaced barbarian farm and pasture. I know Scooter plans on flipping this, but there's no reason to give him free infra too.
[Image: Eq97KVv.jpg]

Scooter just landed a Great Artist, so very likely he attempts to flip Yellow Castle. The RNG event generator has declared that Scooter gets many blessings; not just free Combat 1 on his triremes, but a Great Beast as well. Great event.
[Image: siyVPWs.jpg]
If Scooter does try to flip Yellow Castle I'll have an axe next door to it, damages the garrison and that makes it vulnerable.

My start feels...okay. If I land Sweaty Pizza, I'll be feeling pretty solid, otherwise...little ouch. Am near to having five cities, which is nice.
[Image: vhls6XJ.jpg]

(February 29th, 2024, 13:16)Commodore Wrote: I know Scooter plans on flipping this, but there's no reason to give him free infra too.

Scooter just landed a Great Artist, so very likely he attempts to flip Yellow Castle.
I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
[Image: IU67yo4.jpg]

In their infinite wisdom, the Small Continentals decided to get into a three way split in 74, so this game is really about to outstrip the big un.

Thoth wants to join one another is playing with Mr. Bureaucracy.
[Image: YOpMvqv.jpg]

Machinery is Pin, CS and Music is Scooter, Theology is Yuri.
[Image: GOn77Wo.jpg]

Iron City is preparing to receive Hinduism and then an unbelievable number of chops, it isn't a perfect plan but I think I have a decent shot at the sweaty Pizza. Worth it? No idea.
[Image: UlW1NW5.jpg]

He much needed horses are about to come online from the Island City that has definitely also helped my economy by leaps and bounds. Settling for seafood is so much better when you have a lighthouse automatically.
[Image: vQszbAW.jpg]

The new cities are getting their borders popped thanks to drama, there are probably better ways to do it with patience but I don't have that right now. Got to get moving to be able to deal with the looming America problem.
[Image: GUV6fgF.jpg]

This turn was quite revolting.
[Image: H9GFaQI.jpg]
Yuri, Pin and I are saving a lot of turns on this.

Opened the turn to an offer of peace from Scooter. Wait, peace?
[Image: NfANeBt.jpg]
Yeah naw, dog, I'm fine with a trireme poking my way, I'll have an answering one next turn and thanks to Vassalage it'll match you in promotion. This tiny, artificial little duelmap isn't open to much more than tight duelish stuff anyway. All good.
[Image: ePFwnkh.jpg]

Pindicator's responsible for the other news of the recent turns. He must have been mostly using swords but he settled on his horses so horse archers are possible too. Worth hitting these silly piñata cities given how expensive these settlers are.
[Image: 1Szn4x0.jpg]

I need to be Theocratic ASAP. Working on it:
[Image: aYVHXfo.jpg]

This looks so sad.
50% from chopping and than 34 more turns.
I hope, you have somethng more prepared ?

(March 5th, 2024, 18:42)xist10 Wrote: This looks so sad.
50% from chopping and than 34 more turns.
I hope, you have somethng more prepared ?
Another three champs, plus a whip overflow, no big deal at all.

Scooter pulled the trigger and got an archer here... somehow.
[Image: JgVyHyF.jpg]
Acceptable odds.
[Image: 8MW10It.jpg]
Even acceptabler.
[Image: ym76L3G.jpg]
I was briefly tempted...
[Image: CToe7qe.jpg]
... and naw.
[Image: FycYFx6.jpg]
Sorry Scooter. On the one hand, I probably wouldn't have done this risk if we weren't at war, but I was planning on attacking in a dozen turns anyway.

Okay, so, we're at war, less "unplanned" more "much earlier than preferred". My spreadsheet is a shambles. There's a trireme to take out my aggression on.
[Image: vPNlAiX.jpg]
Died, but did 55% HP damage, so...
[Image: Z9cmqbn.jpg]
...nice. You know, I think my combat luck has been precisely average thus far.

Scooter sent a follow-up galley to pester me but this is where going Feudalism first really shines, I'm not even remotely worried:
[Image: yqYluV6.jpg]

Can Scooter say the same?
[Image: jsocRKb.jpg]
Feel bad for the guy, he had a rock-awesome plan, and on a bigger map I think he would have romped to a victory without breaking a sweat.  alright He might still stabilize, but that's got to be annoying. 

Look due south of my scout, that right there shows how different our game plans are. The second I saw the starting screenshot it was obvious to me that this thing ends at Guilds, there is precisely NO world where investing in a grass riverside cottage is going to be worth it. Particularly with all these amazing economy tiles spread around, the future is only war and death. And farms/workshops.