As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Genius Loki (FFH SG)

Standard Size? World Wrap?

Standard size.

Does Highlands even have a world wrap? I guess cylindrical, if that's an option.

(February 18th, 2016, 17:27)Bobchillingworth Wrote: Standard size.

Does Highlands even have a world wrap? I guess cylindrical, if that's an option.

Flat is the default but it's changeable.

Yeah, cylindrical is fine then. Gives Loki more directions to check out.

[Image: SS7SbSB.jpg]

Have fun.

Link to the starting save.

What a nice start we can't use!

I'll take the first 20 turns, unless someone objects.

You should certainly start, though I'm not certain that 20t will accomplish much - what's the over-under on the AIs settling their second cities?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4491...dSwordSave

Fixed, enabled OCC setting.

Heh, well that went about as quickly as expected.

Mostly popped huts & met civs:

Gold

More gold

Ditto

Grave (also gave gold)

Loki finally meets a civ- I had worried I had made a mistake sending him away from the Warrior & Scout after they met the Ljo, Malakim and Hippus in short order, but the Amurities are in a strategically isolated location.

Everybody likes pictures of gold, right? (???)

I had forgotten that Loki could see city builds- on the plus side, the Amurities are working on a Settler! On the downside, they're doing it at size 1, so it's taking them forever. Oh, and there aren't any good second city locations around, so I have no idea where the AI will even send the Settler.

Found a Goblin Fort near the Hippus. Hired one as a scout, declined to hire an entire army of them to take their capital because that seemed lame and not really in keeping with the challenge. We still have units in that area, so we can turn around and hire an army anyway if you guys want, but I think it would be kind of missing the point.

And that was my set. Loki is still hanging out near the Amurites, scouting the local area while waiting for the Settler to finally complete and build a city. It's a crapshoot though whether the Amurities will do that within the reasonably near future, so I won't object if whoever plays after me wants to look for greener pastures instead. Otherwise, not much happened. We have a nice treasury, but obv. are going to be way behind the AI once we finally do get a city.

Oh, and Loki and pilfer gold from the Amurities using Entertain, but only to the tune of 1 GPT.

I can email the save to whoever wants to go next.

If no-one's volunteered by the time you get the '46 save from me, I can give it a set in a few hours time.