As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

It's Clobberin' Time! Raging Barbs Highlands Tokugawa on Monarch

G-g-got it.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

We seem to be missing Jails. That'll help with WW.

Also, since we have the Kremlin, we should have gone back to slavery -- or maybe even uni suffrage? Who cares about emancipation anger?

We also have, perhaps, built too many courthouses too soon. For new cities that can grow (ones that will never get above size 4 or 5, who cares), we want granary, then forge, then whatever else.

There are a lot priorities to address here. I went through and put everything on economic buildings. Then I realized that this game is toast. So tomorrow, I'll put in the toast outlook. Spies and cavalry pretty much only. Except for Cholo. Commando Rifles are the order of the day.

www.earnestwords.com

I accidentally hit end turn and did exactly what I wanted: moved some units to be "vulnerable" and managed to kill most of the remaining Roman attacking units.

Plan is to kill Rome in 2 turns on the same turn, then DoW on Mansa -- hopefully before he can start upgrading rifles.

www.earnestwords.com

(July 3rd, 2018, 00:02)Zalson Wrote: We seem to be missing Jails. That'll help with WW.

Also, since we have the Kremlin, we should have gone back to slavery -- or maybe even uni suffrage? Who cares about emancipation anger?

We also have, perhaps, built too many courthouses too soon. For new cities that can grow (ones that will never get above size 4 or 5, who cares), we want granary, then forge, then whatever else.

There are a lot priorities to address here. I went through and put everything on economic buildings. Then I realized that this game is toast. So tomorrow, I'll put in the toast outlook. Spies and cavalry pretty much only. Except for Cholo. Commando Rifles are the order of the day.

I had completely missed the fact that Julius has built the Kremlin for us duh . Are jails actually that useful? They're pretty pricy for a building that tends to sit around doing nothing a chunk of the time. As for the rest of it, baer in mind that we were down to 10% break even at one point during the last turnset - I reacted to that.

Oh well, as you say, this game is toast. As soon as Julius bites it, maybe it's worth eating the anarchy to get into slavery again. Rep is giving us a lot of beakers and we still want railroads.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Bonus to espionage production is real nice as is the extra defense against war weariness.

Might have to declare on Mansa prematurely.

www.earnestwords.com

Jails do help produce EP points, in addition to reducing war weariness. They are pretty expensive, but can be worth it if you have a lot of WW and need EP.

Kremlin can be nice, but I am not sure more turns of anarchy would be worth it just for some slavery if we are going to be struggling with happiness.

Good luck!

Can't have emancipation unhappy if all the enemies are dead!

www.earnestwords.com

(July 3rd, 2018, 01:53)Zalson Wrote: Bonus to espionage production is real nice as is the extra defense against war weariness.

You should have a reasonable force already building up near Cholo... might be a bit cannon-heavy, but even decent cities can be drafted if speed is important to get troops on that border quickly.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

(July 3rd, 2018, 12:26)shallow_thought Wrote:
(July 3rd, 2018, 01:53)Zalson Wrote: Bonus to espionage production is real nice as is the extra defense against war weariness.

You should have a reasonable force already building up near Cholo... might be a bit cannon-heavy, but even decent cities can be drafted if speed is important to get troops on that border quickly.

Yeah, the real problem now is that there's not quite enough available force to bear there against a long front. Still, I may have to bait out the attack; Mansa does have grenadiers. But no military tradition means he's going to die to cav.

www.earnestwords.com

At least the production centres for cav are on that front! Have fun hammer .