As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

spoilers: this aint no cakewalk, its a musicalcatwalk; pacal of inca

I agree that it's too early decide on build order after the second Q. First priority is to find a good expansion site. There is jungle W of the capital, that does not bode well for expanding in that direction. Maybe go NW - E - SE and then down the coast with our Q, as that is indeed the best option we're seeing so far. The cows might have more resources to the north, if so they're our best option. Else we'll have to look into settling S of the capital to share the corn. It's a high priority that we can share a food resource with the new city.

Merovech Wrote:I think that depends on when we get fishing or if another resource is hiding in the fog. Rice plus riverside grassland with few forests and hills makes a decent city. Add in coastal fish though, and now you're talking.

would be worth settling 1n or 1nw or 1e of the rice anyway surely?

have turn and will play shortly

ok played. sorry cat, gonna have the quechua head wnw-ish then turn south to look the other side of those peaks. no pic as nothing new found.

done a bit of planning can someone check my maths plz?

worker turns:

t7 - worker moves to corn and starts farming [3turns]
t10 - worker moves towards cows
t11 - worker reaches cows and starts to pasture [4t]
t15 - worker moves to plains hill [1se if bw in otherwise 1w]
t16 - worker mines hill [5t?]
t21 - ?

build queue:

t0 - t6 building worker working plains hill 1f/5h/1c * 7t = 42/40
t7 - t10 building quechua working unimp corn 3f/2h/2c = 10/10 [12f = size 2?]
t11 - t15 building settler working imp corn and unimp cows 7f/2h/2c = 45/65
t16 - t17 building settler working imp corn and imp cows 8f/4h/2c = 69/65
t18 - t20 building quechua working corn and cows 8f/4h/2c = 12/10 [24f = size 3] [poss chop for 13h]
t21 [if chop comes in] build free quechua else
t21- t22 building quechua working corn cows and mined plains hill 7f/7h/2c = 16/10 [22f = size 4]
t22 - t26 [if chop comes in] build worker working corn cows mine 7f/9h/2c = 46/40

brain and wrists hurt now. will look at techs later

as stated before the quechua went west. will probably see more as he has a hill to mount next turn.

was going to post tech path but im confused. we added 12 beakers to the animal husbandry total yet it says we get only 9 per turn. any comments?

ok ill use this:

t0 - t7 animal husbandry @12bpt = 96/95
t8 - t11 mining @13bpt = 57/47
t12 - t19 bronze working @13bpt = 114/114 [so theres no chop]
t20 - t24 wheel @13bpt = 65/56
t25 - t30 pottery @13bpt = 87/76

the timing of bronze working does mean we could 2-pop whip the worker [or a settler] at size 4 on t24 probably

Farming is 4t, mining is 3, pasturing is 3t. I assume you mean a grassland hill rather than a plains hill?

The posted beaker number does not take research bonuses into consideration. You get a bonus for having mandatory and optional prerequisites, 20% each. Since you have Agriculture, you get +20%. 12 beakers suggests you're getting +40%, which does confuse me a little since you don't have Hunting.

TheMusicMan Wrote:would be worth settling 1n or 1nw or 1e of the rice anyway surely?

have turn and will play shortly

Yeah, it'll be a very good city eventually, but there might be better ones out there for a second city if we ignore fishing for a while, which we might do if we try for the Oracle.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

thanks cat ill amend my figures below

the quechua may be standing on a good city site:

[Image: turn05macavity0000.jpg]

and heres the demos:

[Image: turn05demos0000.jpg]

tech plan:

t0 - t7 animal husbandry @12bpt = 96/95
t8 - t12 mining @10bpt = 51/47
t13 - t21 bronze working @13bpt = 121/114
t22 - t26 wheel @10bpt = 57/56
t27 - t32 pottery @14bpt = 85/76

worker turns:

t7 - worker moves to corn and starts farming [4t]
t11 - worker moves towards cows
t12 - worker reaches cows and starts to pasture [3t]
t15 - worker moves 1w to grassland hill
t16 - worker mines grassland hill [3t]
t19 - worker moves other side of cows onto plains hill
t21 - worker mines plains hill [3t + chop]
t26 - ?

build queue:

t0 - t6 building worker working plains hill 1f/5h/1c * 7t = 42/40
t7 - t10 building quechua working unimp corn 3f/2h/2c * 4t = 10/10
t11 build quechua for 1t working corn 5f/2h/2c * 1t = 2/10 [17/14f = size 2]
t12 - t14 building settler working corn and unimp cows 7f/2h/2c * 3t = 27/65
t15 - t18 building settler working corn and cows 8f/4h/2c * 4t = 75/65
t19 - complete building quechua working corn and cows 8f/4h/2c * 1t = 14/10 [11/16f]
t20 - t21 building quechua working corn and cows 8f/4h/2c * 2t = 12/10 [27/16f = size 3]
t22 - t24 building worker working corn cows and mine 7f/9h/2c * 3t = 50/40

hmm is that too many quechua? my brains frozen again!

Merovech Wrote:Yeah, it'll be a very good city eventually, but there might be better ones out there for a second city if we ignore fishing for a while, which we might do if we try for the Oracle.

oops crossed posts. is where the quechua is a better spot for 2nd city?

It's a weak site, as it'll take 3t before you can even start developing any tiles for it and you can't share a food tile with the capital. And it only adds 1 second ring food resource.

Catwalk Wrote:It's a weak site, as it'll take 3t before you can even start developing any tiles for it and you can't share a food tile with the capital. And it only adds 1 second ring food resource.

damn! oh well ill keep looking haha

nothing new from exploration so heres the demos and scores. 3 others have gained 6 points. a tech? if so what?

[Image: turn06demos0000.jpg]

oh the worker completed at end of turn. ill name and move him next time obv haha!