As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

5.58 Brainstorming thread

I'm playing 5.56b with ship.zip and monsters disappeared after "rampaging through city and disappearing into the wilderness" or after razing it they end up in the ruins. I was under the impression they were supposed to not disappear.

The first two monsters attacks have been pretty nasty. 1 naga + 2 phantom warriors and then 1 naga + 3 phantoms warrior. I think I would have to keep 1 or 2 nagas in each city as garrison until having enough longbowmen or halberdiers to actually defend. Large stack of swordmen and walls might also stop these but it seems not practical.

Nevermind. Now monsters completely destroyed an outpost and survived and then went after the next.

After the two above monsters I then got 2 skeletons and after that 1 phantom beast + 3 phantom warriors.

Edit: Hard to foresee consequences:the latter monster stack destroyed two enemy wizard nagas patrolling near my citadel on the way to it and lost 1 phantom warrior in the process.

I've also seen some inconsistencies in monsters disappearing while testing the ship features, might be a bug.  Do let me know if it happens again, and post save files if it reproduces.

In theory, monsters should always stay on the map, unless they razed the city and turned it into a ruin in which case they should "disappear" as they are inside the ruin.

Every time (3x now) when I get the message 'monsters rampage through a city and then disappear into the wilderness' they actually disappear. Only when they destroyed an outpost I got the message "outpost was completely destroyed' they survived.

I'm no Sapher but these monsters certainly are slowing me down. If they wouldn't disappear after rampaging through a city it would be worse. The next monster stack was 1 gargoyle + 1 fire elemental which attacked my far away expansion guarded by 2 nagas which were no match to the gargoyle. Only successful cast of confusion on the gargoyles would have helped.

Quote:Only when they destroyed an outpost I got the message "outpost was completely destroyed' they survived.

Are you sure those were monsters? I thought monsters can only turn cities to ruin, or "disappear to wilderness".
Raiders on the other hand conquer cities, and if it was an outpost, it gets destroyed because outposts can't be conquered.

Yes I'm sure they were monsters that destroyed that outpost and survived. It was the 1 phantom beast + 3 phantom warriors monster stack that originated from a nearby node.

Now I'm getting a reproducible crash. Just hit Next Turn and it gets stuck.

Attached Files
.zip   save2.zip (Size: 16.61 KB / Downloads: 2)

Confirmed. Crash happens in the procedure that renders the overland map screen. Bug is probably elsewhere, maybe an invalid unit or something, this might require some time to find.
Edit : Crash happens in 5.56 version. It's not caused by the new changes it seems.
5.55 however works fine so the bug is probably in the 5.56 update.
No, 5.56 works fine. It's the new ship procedure. Which part exactly will be difficult to find, but it's that one.

Uploaded the fixed ship.zip.

It seems a piece of unrelated code called from elsewhere was in the area where the ship procedure is, and it got overwritten.

By the way there possibly some AI weirdness there, each turn Kali (red) 1 wraithform ghouls and 2 nagas move over Arissawood but then end up not getting there.