As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] pindicator prowls pacahuatl's path of pantheons

(August 12th, 2019, 10:13)naufragar Wrote: There's an order? I thought you just stumbled on them accidentally and then had to back track when you inevitably missed a skill point by the time you hit Act Ten. (Looking at you, Shakari.)

lol It's usually Aberrath and that side area after the Prisoner's Gate that I run by without thinking.

I meant order that you come across them if you don't skip any. I don't think there's any intended order to do them in, but I always try to do them as soon as possible for the skill point reward.

(August 12th, 2019, 09:38)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: One thing I hadn't considered about the Inca is how their mountain adjacency really favors campuses, too. So much food + high adjacency science hubs = It looks like you're killing the economic game. I imagine the Inca would be equally strong at religion?

Yeah, I had kind of put those together when picking but I don't think I realized just how much of a factor it would be. Actually, I remember being disappointed there wasn't a good spot at the capital for a campus because I expected more mountains in my capital.

I think they could be strong with religion too. I'm still tempted to put up a holy site with all these mountains. But I'm going to likely stick to my plan of focusing on campus and commerce districts.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 095

Well, we lasted 95 turns but now I may need to look into building a holy site:

Need to prevent any religious victory shenanigans, but I don't think there's a rush on it yet. Still, I probably put one up at Ryslatha.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 099

Magnus is established in Brine King so it's time to start chopping there:

The chop finished off the monument and now I'm building an Aqueduct, which I'm hoping the next chop will finish up. Then we start on our first Industrial Zone.

You can also see my boosted science due to the new +10 campus. I really need to start building libraries and universities at some point, but before that I want to get markets and traders.

I made a bit of an oversight: I didn't switch to Autocracy when I started building Machu Picchu. I'll probably do so in 2 turns, because I also will want to start taking advantage of the 2 military slots: saving gold and production modifiers (Limes, Various Units) will be very nice to have soon.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Dang it, I'm going to finish 1 point short of a golden age
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Not only was I 1 point shy, I was also 1 turn away from a Great Merchant. And I didn't even think to check if I could have recruited him
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

World Congress - Turn 101

First choice was pretty obvious; hopefully suboptimal sees it the same way.

Couldn't think of a good strategy for the second choice
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 104

Machu Picchu really boosts my income. Hope to have it boost production with some IZ's too.

Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

What does Machu Picchu do, for those of us without GS?

(Yes, yes, I could look it up, but I like to post in your threads so you don't feel lonely and know that you have an audience)
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.

(August 18th, 2019, 00:38)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: What does Machu Picchu do, for those of us without GS?

(Yes, yes, I could look it up, but I like to post in your threads so you don't feel lonely and know that you have an audience)

It gives Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Theater Squares +1 adjacency for being next to mountains.

So yeah, really good for this geography.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(August 18th, 2019, 01:14)pindicator Wrote:
(August 18th, 2019, 00:38)Chevalier Mal Fet Wrote: What does Machu Picchu do, for those of us without GS?

It gives Commercial Hubs, Industrial Zones, and Theater Squares +1 adjacency for being next to mountains.

So yeah, really good for this geography.

Oh, man - does that stack with Natural Philosophy/etc. for double bonuses? +2 science per campus is basically a wonder that gives a free library in every one.
I Think I'm Gwangju Like It Here

A blog about my adventures in Korea, and whatever else I feel like writing about.