As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

It's Clobberin' Time! Raging Barbs Highlands Tokugawa on Monarch

(July 22nd, 2018, 08:08)RFS-81 Wrote: I never heard of Threshold. There are four movies with that name. I assume the 1981 one about a heart surgeon is not the one with the salamander sex lol

I think Brian is referring to the Star Trek Voyager episode. I've managed to avoid seeing it myself, but it's a regular on "worst episode ever" lists. Someone must hace forced Brian to rewatch it recently scared .
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Turn 360:

Captured Dilbat.

Turn 361:

Used a great prophet to build the Muslim shrine.

Turn 362:

Captured Ondini. Built an Academy in Jurrasic Park. Not that it matters: We're at 63.27% of land hammer

Bruteforced kwaDukuza. I was too impatient to wait for artillery, and it was mostly medieval trash.

Turn 363:

VICTORY!

Attached Files
.zip   SuperMario AD-FinalSave.zip (Size: 515.03 KB / Downloads: 1)

(July 22nd, 2018, 09:04)shallow_thought Wrote:
(July 22nd, 2018, 08:08)RFS-81 Wrote: I never heard of Threshold. There are four movies with that name. I assume the 1981 one about a heart surgeon is not the one with the salamander sex lol

I think Brian is referring to the Star Trek Voyager episode. I've managed to avoid seeing it myself, but it's a regular on "worst episode ever" lists. Someone must hace forced Brian to rewatch it recently scared .

SFDebris fan, actually. Every so often I go through the back catalogue. Amazingly enough Threshold isn't the worst voyager episode per Chuck, that dubious honour goes to Tattoo.

Edit We Won! Time to partay!
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(July 22nd, 2018, 13:44)Brian Shanahan Wrote:
(July 22nd, 2018, 09:04)shallow_thought Wrote:

SFDebris fan, actually.  Every so often I go through the back catalogue.  Amazingly enough Threshold isn't the worst voyager episode per Chuck, that dubious honour goes to Tattoo.

Edit We Won! Time to partay!

I do love me some SFDebris. His take on Janeway is ... eerily convincing. Working through his Red Dwarf stuff at the moment myself.

And we won toast. Not an easy game guys - we weren't ever in much danger of actually losing (Monarch, duh) but it was hard, grinding work at points. I found my turnsets a mixed bag  - RL meant I ended up rushing a couple of the early ones - but I did really enjoy parts of the Roman war. It was also fun to kick off the endgame.

I'd be interested particularly in RFS-81's thoughts; I think that Civ is fundamentally harder to do well in the SG format than MOO myself. Its extra complex detail makes the friction of handover a real cost, particularly if things go as late and busy as this one did.
It may have looked easy, but that is because it was done correctly - Brian Moore

Way to finish it out, RFS-81! Care to share the save before we won? T362?
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com

Well, I could probably have hit next turn a few times and would have finished the game anyway lol

I haven't made a manual save for that turn, but I'll check if there's an autosave.

Thanks for carrying us through to victory, RFS-81! dance And thanks to everyone on the team for keeping things going without me once I got overwhelmed by move-related chaos. thumbsup

This was certainly not an easy game, despite the Monarch difficulty. Insane barb troubles, a very strong Rome, and some solid performances from other AIs made this one quite a struggle in places.

Sorry, I can't find an autosave.

I played through to the end; I can post my autosave if y'all want it.
"My ancestors came here on the Magna Carta!"

www.earnestwords.com