As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Don't mention the war

T7

Fish netted. AH ready and we've horses! Warrior found also Sheep. I think Wheel next and hopefully there is some food near horses/gems. I was 1st one to get a tech.

[Image: civ4screenshot1440.jpg]

Profa ne -> Profeto
Oh, irony strikes again.

[strike]Are War Elephants allowed or banned? Can't seem to find any mention of it in the tech thread.[/strike] Never mind, found it.

Joining the peanut gallery in this thread.

Profane Wrote:Profa ne -> Profeto
Oh, irony strikes again.

[strike]Are War Elephants allowed or banned? Can't seem to find any mention of it in the tech thread.[/strike] Never mind, found it.

Joining the peanut gallery in this thread.

Welcome Profeto wink.

It seems that I've joined the wrong game again. Way over 24h from previous turn and unless TMIT appears soon WK will be sleeping and this will be full 48h turn.

T8

Jungle rice and bananas found. I decided to go for Wheel before mining to unlock Chariots. My 1st city is almost certainly going close to horses. Everybody got their 1st tech. Wild guess 3*BW and possibly TMIT AH (he couldn't work fish so he is 1T behind me).

[Image: civ4screenshot1442.jpg]

T9

Turns big question was: Should I continue gambling and keep warrior scouting or send him home? I decided the latter. There is every turn raising chance that I find someone elses scouting warrior and I really wouldn't want to build warrior in a haste or delay worker movements. It has the added benefit that I can also scout horse site earlier.

I'm also a bit stunned to notice that there are 2 Fishing starters that aren't working netted Fishes. WK is definately the other.

[Image: civ4screenshot1450.jpg]

plako Wrote:T9

Turns big question was: Should I continue gambling and keep warrior scouting or send him home? I decided the latter. There is every turn raising chance that I find someone elses scouting warrior and I really wouldn't want to build warrior in a haste or delay worker movements. It has the added benefit that I can also scout horse site earlier.

I'm also a bit stunned to notice that there are 2 Fishing starters that aren't working netted Fishes. WK is definately the other.

I agree that sending him home would be the best option. We know that the map is fairly cramped so it is quite likely someone will stumble upon us fairly soon. The horse site needs scouting asap too. Need to find some noms near it!

Why pick a fishing start if you don't work the fish straight away? I can only think that he is going worker first and chopping/whipping the WB?! Bo.

T10

Worker ready at the end of turn. Plinho moving home.

T11

Worker moving towards cows and Plinho to cover it. Dialed up another Worker to be produced.

Serdoa has whipped something (WB or worker presumably).

[Image: civ4screenshot1464.jpg]

T12

Wheel ready at the end of turn. Mining next. After that either BW or Pottery. TMIT got a tech (Fishing). OleMack did whip something and TMIT and WK did grow to size 2.

[Image: civ4screenshot1465.jpg]

Hey plako - looking good.

I presume you are thinking of pottery for cheap Graneries? I would probably go for BW first just because it enables chopping and whipping. You are SPI and so can swap straight away to slavery. If you are going to chariot rush someone then getting that early production will be key.