As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

What else could it be?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

I don't know. The only time empire scores drop is if your population drops or a city/district is destroyed. Pillaging doesn't affect the scores. The only possibilties I could think of besides settlers is that he got hit by a river flood, coastal storm or haboob and I doubt it's the first one since TBS appears to have minimized the potential for disasters on this map (at least in the starting areas)

From the admiral points it appears he's got two Cothons (or a Cothon + lighthouse) and he's making an extra 0.3 points from something else. I forget what gives fractional increases to GP generation, though.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

(February 23rd, 2021, 18:48)suboptimal Wrote: I don't know.  The only time empire scores drop is if your population drops or a city/district is destroyed.  Pillaging doesn't affect the scores.  The only possibilties I could think of besides settlers is that he got hit by a river flood, coastal storm or haboob and I doubt it's the first one since TBS appears to have minimized the potential for disasters on this map (at least in the starting areas)

From the admiral points it appears he's got two Cothons (or a Cothon + lighthouse) and he's making an extra 0.3 points from something else.  I forget what gives fractional increases to GP generation, though.

He is classical republic government. Not very war like.

TURN 63

Political Philosophy is in.

[Image: 72bMcXh.jpg]

Choose Autocracy

[Image: JWwRh5E.jpg]

And these policies

[Image: LIFPLzL.jpg]

Vilnius is gone.

[Image: QlKOT2m.jpg]

Naval tradition uncovered and I start researching Foreign trade.

Pyramids should complete in 2 turns.

scout moves back in the west i continue to heal. Still not sure what I do with this guy for now.

[Image: 6sEZRn5.jpg]

Judging by your era score increase (two points) you weren't the first to a Tier 1 government - is that correct?

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

Lubjana at very least beat me to it.

he is in classical republic that's why he is getting 2.3 Ga points.

+15% Great People points.

Turn 63

All quiet on the home front though Vilnius is gone. Masonry is done, start Celestial Navigation, three turns to complete. Embarked units head on their merry way, builder heads for the iron and that’ll get mined and worked next turn. The embarked warrior at Obvious Child finds something that makes me want to go duh

They want me to recruit a Great Admiral.

Southern galley determines that the land it was by is not connected to the other island.

Given the presence of barbarians on the land to the east I’m going to continue around this one to the south. I think that if there was a city-state to my east it would have cleared out the barbarians by now. Of course, those could be famous last words.

Over at Brussels a second chariot has emerged from the fog:

The slinger plinked the galley to the SW. I attack with both galleys and get the garrison down to 68 damage. It’ll heal back up to 88 damage and I may or may not capture the city next turn. It’ll all come down to damage rolls. However, if not next turn then certainly the turn after next. When it does fall I’m going to buy a builder, put down fishing boats on the crabs and one of the fish and drop a kampung between them.

Next turn I’ll be buying a settler at Al with a likely destination of the river midway between Cove and the Achelous River. The warrior at OC will complete next turn and I think I might get out a library there then start work on the Harbor. OC will complete its slinger in three turns, build a shrine and then start on the Campus. I’ll likely use the builder to chop-complete the shrine to clear space for the Campus. I’m currently 18 turns out from Political Philosophy. Whether this hurts me in the long run remains to be seen.

We all know Woden grabbed Vilnius. Ljubljana completed two techs and two civics last turn. I have to wonder if they’ve taken the strategy of researching until the boost finishes the tech/civic. On the one hand this is efficient as it saves having to switch back and forth and possibly saves turns but OTOH it’s inefficient since a boost wipes out any accumulated overflow (which is why I prefer to finish things to boost + 1 turn to complete if I’m waiting on the boost).

TURN 64

Worker is done up at Tav, Immediately get farm 2 of 6 needed for feudalism.

[Image: 0PlTUz7.jpg]

Antivario could be epic for me and our team. +30% culture possible longer term. Sub we should look at protecting this one and with apadana in place I can have envoys galore to put into it. On that I have de prioritised apadana a bit to get Mahabodi first. How many units needed to blockade it Sub?

[Image: Jy62SYO.jpg]

Pyramids exactly 15% away from completion in Goldson.

[Image: oyWUhNi.jpg]

In the west the scout continues to vacillate.

(February 24th, 2021, 17:39)suboptimal Wrote: Turn 63

All quiet on the home front though Vilnius is gone.  Masonry is done, start Celestial Navigation, three turns to complete.  Embarked units head on their merry way, builder heads for the iron and that’ll get mined and worked next turn.  The embarked warrior at Obvious Child finds something that makes me want to go duh

They want me to recruit a Great Admiral. 

Southern galley determines that the land it was by is not connected to the other island.

Given the presence of barbarians on the land to the east I’m going to continue around this one to the south.  I think that if there was a city-state to my east it would have cleared out the barbarians by now.  Of course, those could be famous last words.

Over at Brussels a second chariot has emerged from the fog:

The slinger plinked the galley to the SW.  I attack with both galleys and get the garrison down to 68 damage.  It’ll heal back up to 88 damage and I may or may not capture the city next turn.  It’ll all come down to damage rolls.  However, if not next turn then certainly the turn after next.  When it does fall I’m going to buy a builder, put down fishing boats on the crabs and one of the fish and drop a kampung between them. 

Next turn I’ll be buying a settler at Al with a likely destination of the river midway between Cove and the Achelous River.  The warrior at OC will complete next turn and I think I might get out a library there then start work on the Harbor.  OC will complete its slinger in three turns, build a shrine and then start on the Campus.  I’ll likely use the builder to chop-complete the shrine to clear space for the Campus.  I’m currently 18 turns out from Political Philosophy.  Whether this hurts me in the long run remains to be seen.

We all know Woden grabbed Vilnius. Ljubljana completed two techs and two civics last turn.  I have to wonder if they’ve taken the strategy of researching until the boost finishes the tech/civic.  On the one hand this is efficient as it saves having to switch back and forth and possibly saves turns but OTOH it’s inefficient since a boost wipes out any accumulated overflow (which is why I prefer to finish things to boost + 1 turn to complete if I’m waiting on the boost).

Yeah totally agree on the overflow I will be doing exactly as you suggest researching up to 1 turn before half way. Getting the boost then spending one turn finishing it and getting the overflow

I don't yet know how many units would be required to protect Antananarivo - the city is on the northeastern face of the island so it could be as many as 4-5. I think it's so far out of the way that no one's found it yet. It does make me wonder if there's one in your "back pocket" somewhere NW of what you've revealed so far, though.