As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Medieval Start PitBoss

(February 9th, 2024, 15:17)Tarkeel Wrote: It was brought to my attention that starting with explorers can lead to some nasty chokes (the starting archers can't kill them easily); how do you feel about starting with two scouts instead?

This seems reasonable to me.

(February 6th, 2024, 09:40)Commodore Wrote: CtH Byzantines are okay, they're strong but not overwhelming.

To be clear, Byzantines don't have any nerfs in CtH, which was news to me a few minutes ago. Are we sure we don't want to ban this one? I agree we don't need to ban anything else, but I sort of suspect the presence of Phracts will result in the whole game revolving around who has them and who their neighbors are.

You don't like getting phracted do you? lol

I don't mind either way

I'm game
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I'm fine with banning Byzantium.

Also Vikings if water is a factor.
fnord

There is an issue with using missionaries to found religions: When they spread they found the religion and the religion spreads but the Holy City isn't awarded. Tested with an Islamic Missionary and then a Buddhist Missionary. In FFH if the religion is first spread via a Missionary unit the Holy City is awarded to that city correctly.
fnord

This game setup is looking very interesting. Anyone interested in a dedlurker? Bear in mind, that I have zero experience with CtH and my first ever PBEM is still ongoing. I'm looking into learning more about the mod, so I don't mind throwing around some ideas or just generating some extra banter in the thread.

(February 10th, 2024, 01:41)Thoth Wrote: There is an issue with using missionaries to found religions: When they spread they found the religion and the religion spreads but the Holy City isn't awarded. Tested with an Islamic Missionary and then a Buddhist Missionary. In FFH if the religion is first spread via a Missionary unit the Holy City is awarded to that city correctly.

I just ran a small test on this, with everyone starting with missionaries (adding in Islam as the fifth). The AI obligingly used their missionaries in the capitals, but the holy cities did not appear on T6. Instead, each of the capitals spawned two matching missionaries, and somehoe the two missing religions got founded; one of them even in a barbarian city.

Edit: Starting with pre-placed capitals marked as holy cities didn't help much; they spawned a missionary and then the last two religions got founded in barbarian cities.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Is it technically possible to wait for religions to be founded randomly, and then make the remaining player's capital the islam holy city via WB?

(February 10th, 2024, 08:51)yuris125 Wrote: Is it technically possible to wait for religions to be founded randomly, and then make the remaining player's capital the islam holy city via WB?
I know this is possible. I'm hearing that preplaced barb cities are screwing this up though?

Leaning towards the Byzantine ban as it is unnerfed, mixing my mod versions there.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.