As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers] Commodore's 69 Techniques

I'm assuming your stack NE of gold has 1-2 workers he can see?

(February 6th, 2023, 15:51)Mjmd Wrote: I'm assuming your stack NE of gold has 1-2 workers he can see?

One worker, yes. In addition to the axe visible there's a second axe following up a turn behind. I'm not worried about Kölsch's safety, just going to lose Goldslager if he's doubled up some praets.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

There's geostrategic and territory consideration here but frankly this is a PYFT war. Magic Science and Gavagai are the only two to end turns 95% of the time.

Death to Incredibly Juiced Rome...

Driving Gavagai back...
[Image: b3gleuk.jpg]
...uh...
[Image: 3ujFjha.jpg]
...so in conclusion, I'm really really relying on Pindicator's war being real:
[Image: MK4MbvM.jpg]

What did the chariot do afterwards?

(February 10th, 2023, 12:25)Mjmd Wrote: What did the chariot do afterwards?

Retreated back under the axe, who in turn cut the road. My hope is that Gavagai decides I just want the Goldslager spot and gives up in disgust.

Actually, his starting land is almost insanely juiced and we absolutely have to kill him now. Plus he's slowing what would be a 2t/day pace to a mere turn a day.

Nuts.

I'm less annoyed by losing my 75% fight, more annoyed that it didn't even hurt the Praetorian badly. And because Gav is charismatic, he'll be able to promote all the way up to shock.

So obviously, I'm going to be back to retreat, and I'll need to whip an axe. It's okay, just annoyed and disheartened.

Damnit, Pindicator. Spoiler for 65:
He complains heavily about defections in alliances, and then after bloodying Gav's nose (seeing power) he leaves me.

Meh. The geopolitical situation isn't massively different than it was before. Pin's still stuck in a corner with two of us his only neighbors, and my geographic concessions bias him towards fighting Gavagai over me. I offered peace to Gavagai but I'll still be biased towards aiding Pin if he goes back at it in ten turns. Have a pair of axes in the forest, unless Gavagai still is in the 25% win zone I'll be decently safe. Annoyed.

I built a galley early...I was going go down the peninsula on the east side at first but I might instead use it to go pester Gavagai in the little Goldslager inner sea. Timing of settler means I'll just be going south on the peninsula to the west now rather than the east if Gavagai secures himself there. 

Screw Praetorians, man.

Damnit, Pindicator.

Four Praetorians mean I have to whip this axe and probably jump another chop into another, too. Very annoying. Conceivable that Gav is just guarding a settler, but he's prone to push if he can.

So good news: I'm at 7 cities now, tying Joao and exceeding all other players.

Bad news: Pretty much the ole' economy is crashed now.