As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

So the potential dotmap! Of course given my RNG luck of late I don't actually expect to settle half this stuff. Cyneheard is probably coming over the hill in a couple turns with an axe horde, which is why getting horse online ASAP is so critical. But, if I do settle the map, it's basically "horse, copper, looooong river".

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0596.JPG]

I think the breakeven point for this little fishing village of Brilig, though, is probably pretty much "as soon as the hammers for a galley/workboat/settler can be spared". IC-TRs are as gold, and I know on Big and Small better islands are available eventually, but this will do for the nonce.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0595.JPG]

Now let's see the galley settling it get hit by a Rego trireme or something...
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

All the news fit to print. Firstly, looks like the events around here are all good for us, bad for the receivers. Now I just need something to give, say, free shock to all my impi...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0599.JPG]

Also, of course, Buddhism fell, maybe to Krill or Ceil? Scores rocketed up. Not to Yuri, though, who is apparently a southern neighbor. Awesome! Hi buddy! You're Agg/Cre, won't be rushing you!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0597.JPG]

Finally...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0598.JPG]

Interesting...

I think my favorite city naming scheme is the jabberwocky one. Maybe of all time.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

AutomatedTeller Wrote:I think my favorite city naming scheme is the jabberwocky one. Maybe of all time.

You'd be glad to see what I see upon logging in each day then:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0608.JPG]

Meet the mascot:
[Image: jabberwocky.jpg]

I prefer the old mascot:

[Image: assegai.jpg]

tongue
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:I prefer the old mascot:

[Image: assegai.jpg]

tongue

Oh no worries, Toku will Zulu somebody. It's just a question of who. Yuri, as mentioned before, is Agg/Cre and so probably not the best target. Regopin have Stonehenge, which is nice, but also are accross the the sea. Cyneheard is closer, but alert and no doubt getting ready (plus Chm). Then again, thanks to the smokesmokesmoke of the settler loss, we're not exactly the fearsome empire here:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0630.JPG]

Mimsy Borogoves at least has the infrastructure online, now the poor critter just needs to actually grow. A couple silver mines will do wonders for the research, and the shared clams/solo fish/sheep will keep it growing okay.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0617.JPG]

Slithy Toves is going to be another fast starter, wheat/horses worked constantly, mine and pigs shared in as needed. Really, I have nobody to blame but myself, these are great sites that needed settling ten turns ago.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0618.JPG]

Ach well. Gaspar, Mist, have preferences? Whale or elephant?

Commodore Wrote:Ach well. Gaspar, Mist, have preferences? Whale or elephant?

Copper?

Yes. That.

And some actual fleet this time. Even a lone galley as a sentry might help lol

Okay, trust me, a fleet in the water, enacting a Cunning Plan, will be happening in eight turns, so no problem there. Copper is the next settle, too. Where that settle goes is hard though:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0643.JPG]

Okay, firstly, this script is evil. There are four okay tiles here, the copper, the lighthouseable lake, the plains hill sheep, and the sharable fish tile. The Claws that Catch first dot was what I favored at first, cruddy as it is it can work a good hammer output working just the tundra hill mine, copper mine, and hill sheep. The CtC dot borrows the fish, which is very nice, but sadistically that means it takes a whopping ten turns after the ikhanda gets whipped in before the copper get hooked.

The final option is to screw it all, settle on the copper itself, and accept that the city will always be a miserable drain on the economy.

Definitely settle first ring and/or on the copper.