As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Freezing the World below Absolute Zero - Illians Succession Game

Save.

Attached Files
.zip   Mrs Freeze AD-0160.zip (Size: 349.35 KB / Downloads: 3)
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Killed the stack, rather anticlimactically, on the second turn (after luring them out attacking the units on the forest):

Won a few low-odds battles, got some pretty sick Archers - including a Shock II one smile

After that put them to work on the dungeon, for another anti-climactic result:

Deleted, obviously.

Finished off Fishing and hooked the clams. Micro got a bit shaky near the end, but cut PoW down to 10t, meaning they finished perfect for this shot:

That's odd, Malakim borders this way now. Could be Ljolsofar got eaten?

Finally, sent some of the army out questing. Partly just to kill some off (unit maintenance is -17gpt, supply only -1gpt), but it looks like we might be able to nab this city, even before the Priests arrive. Sick incense will be good, too.

Set research for Cartography, but just saving gold ( lol ) for now.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Nice set! smile

Well done killing Mahala's stack and getting PoWs ready. We should probably consider killing Mahala. How much higher her power is still compared to ours (can't check save atm)?

Playing my set later today.

About double. But I agree we can probably kill her.

thumbsup hammer

(September 2nd, 2015, 22:21)Qgqqqqq Wrote: That's odd, Malakim borders this way now. Could be Ljolsofar got eaten?
Well, I saw Gilden be built on my set, so they're still alive. But one of Mahala's cities is Evermore mischief
Quote:Set research for Cartography, but just saving gold ( lol ) for now.
Maybe if Mahala crumbles really fast, we'll need Carto. I kinda think we should work on the income end of things instead, though. I'd be inclined toward Festivals; a round of Markets ought to do quite a bit for us. With the PoW out, we shouldn't need 100% military production anymore
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Well done Q!

I agree we need to work on our economy, but not sure the best way. Markets are great, but we'll get the impacts of carto immediately due to spiritual, and I suspect maintenance is going to rocket up when we start taking Mahala's (and Elven!) cities off her hands. I trust the turnplayer to make the final call depending on what [sad, miserable, sorry] state our economy is in. smile

(September 3rd, 2015, 11:05)jalepeno Wrote: I trust the turnplayer to make the final call depending on what [sad, miserable, sorry] state our economy is in and then for us all to blame them for whatever choice they make. smile

Fixed it for ya wink

Well, at the moment, losing the God King bonus and gaining the Carto reduction...would save us 1 gpt. God King is worth 7 gpt, changing civics would save us 3 gpt, and we would save 3 distance and 2 # of cities maintenance.

Obviously that will change as we acquire more cities. But I don't think we need to rush for Carto.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sorry guys, didn't get to play my set yesterday night (like I thought). My wife was getting more painful contractions and we thought the birth would begin, as it turns out as of today the baby didn't want to come out just yet.

Anyway, I do agree with Mardoc that we're not in a rush to get Carto. Now would be a perfect time to give your thoughts of the next techs we should grab, before I use my own autocracy with it. I do like Mardoc's Festival idea more than going for Carto, anyone else have an opinion (other than Jale/Mardoc)?

Sounds like a good reason to me. Best of luck with your population growth, even if it doesn't happen according to your microplan. smile.

I can think of a half dozen other techs I also want immediately wink. And realistically, regrowing the whipped pop onto cottages will make the most difference.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker