As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Roland and Suboptimal Team Up

I am doing a harbour at tav with the 30% discount and the next city i found in the N/W will chop one out fastish.

Probably 10-15 turns away though.

7 turns to found the city. 5 to establish magnus.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

i now have a new worry around Niter that it will wreck my Great wall run. Or to a lesser extent one of my good district spots.

mostly the great wall.

One option is to not finish the tech and let me just hard-research it and then let you know where it is.
Sending units to their death since 2017.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England
Rhymin' Simon: PBEM 20 - Indonesia (Team w/ China)

Yeah might do that. Truth be told Godson could be doing something better than an Aqueduct right now.

Will confirm in the morning when my turn rolls round and I get a look.

Turn 87

In a bit of meta the lurker thread has been a bit busy over the past few days. At a minimum it means something...interesting...is going on...somewhere. Just as long as it’s not something in the fog just off the coast I’m cool with it. lol

Quad #3 is complete at Al, start Quad #4. I put #5 in the queue and will purchase #6. Graceland and Good Time have both grown in population. War declarations are noted. There’s a Russian galley off the coast of Al:

I leave number three in the city for the time being. AS can be seen above Mercenaries will complete in 6 turns. The two quads in the queue will take 8. I’ll drop two turns into Drama & Poetry to get started on Divine Right while I wait. Chariot at OC is done, heads for Al.

Go to move the galleys and we got ourselves a hoedown:

That’s going to keep Ljubljana/Woden distracted for a while! I’m able to move past the mess to the east and I’ve found Phoenician home territory:

I thought Wodin was close to us but jeez….Phoenicia’s not-so back line is right on top of England’s (former) capital. Here’s another shot to get a sense of the location:

I’m going to go north “over the top” as far as I can go to see if I can figure out the northern coast of Phoenicia/Norway. Galley at Borna Barasic has reached “our” end of the strait. Southern galley has shaken it’s Australian “tail” for the time being and finds a lone impenetrable island:

Graceland should get the hill wine next turn. That’ll boost production and gold a bit. At 50 Ways the builder harvests the stone, monument completes and the Holy Site is down. Mercenaries is down to five turns. The city will grow to 2 population in four turns, at which point I’ll move the citizens over to the wines and jungle for some Icon_Production and to get the Holy Site built faster. I was going to get the bananas improved with a plantation but instead I’m going to head up to Graceland now. The second tile expansion will be shortly after I get up there and it will likely be the iron. Everyone else on the island chills out. Confucius has made the crossing and found some enemy loyalty:

Archduke’s milpower on Turn 85 was 299...he’s up to 398 and that will likely keep going up. Gossip shows that Mohenjo-Daro has also declared on the CMF/MPTF crew. Perhaps if we find it with the jongs the city-state will need to...disappear? Yerevan is also somewhere out there. It declared on Woden/Ljubljana so I assume that’s a suzerainty of CMF/MPTF.

Hit end turn, Woden meets a city-state.

Don't do what I did: PBEM 3 - Arabia , PBEM 6 - Australia This worked well enough: PBEM 10 - Aztecs Gamus Interruptus: PBEM 14 - Indonesia 
Gathering Storm Meanderings: PBEM 15 - Gorgo You Say Pítati, I Say Potato: PBEM 17 - Nubia The Last of the Summer Wine: PBEM 18 - Eleanor/England

you said you were going to buy a Missionary sub.

I will be buying one soon for Kamara and it should have 2 charges left over. I can send it to big island and you buy another Quad instead?

Ah yes...I did. Buying a settler turn after next, a quad a bit after that and then the missionary. How fast do you need the conversions?

I plan to buy a missionary next turn.

I also hope to get a couple of charges from my mahabodi apostles one should get a charge promotion hopefully.

Let me buy the missionary you buy boats.

I have just realised that Borna won't get culture from it's Shrine until it is converted. So definitely buying one next turn.

TURN 88

Up in the NW one of my Warriors got attacked but i am in a good position.

[Image: LI8ewKQ.jpg]

Spear takes out on warrior. Full health warrior takes out the other one. My redlined warrior retreats. Still not found the camp.

[Image: zqhNUIJ.jpg]

2nd chocolate is online and i send it to Sub. Also finally working Crater lake.

[Image: TRYP5M9.jpg]
[Image: TPaFsj2.jpg]

Switch over to researching apprenticeship.

[Image: vqKSm0n.jpg]

2nd charge in Petra. Not buying anymore workers until Feudalism is in place from a value sense, 6 turns.

Looks good...I'll need to remember to send you any extra amenities as I get them hooked up on Big Island (wines and salt). Agreed on the faith budgeting.