As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ 6 Release and Update Discussion Thread

(February 6th, 2018, 19:09)Singaboy Wrote: As for the new civs, Zulus seem completely overpowered for MP play. Let's hope the stacking mechanism of GG and GA is gone.

Someone eagle-eyed on Reddit spotted it as fixed in the Shaka trailer! Apparently there is a split-second shot of an Impi in range of two GG only getting one bonus. Which would indicate stacking had been removed.

Disagree with Zulu being OP, the Impi comes rather late. They could get run over by another civ before they hit peak efficiency. Playing such a scary civ is also a good way to invoke dogpile.

(February 6th, 2018, 19:28)Japper007 Wrote:
(February 6th, 2018, 19:09)Singaboy Wrote: As for the new civs, Zulus seem completely overpowered for MP play. Let's hope the stacking mechanism of GG and GA is gone.

Someone eagle-eyed on Reddit spotted it as fixed in the Shaka trailer! Apparently there is a split-second shot of an Impi in range of two GG only getting one bonus. Which would indicate stacking had been removed.

Disagree with Zulu being OP, the Impi comes rather late. They could get run over by another civ before they hit peak efficiency. Playing such a scary civ is also a good way to invoke dogpile.

Now that would be huge.

And not necessarily good. +5 is not nearly enough to break a good defense. And DotF needs to be toned down then.

Japper007 Wrote:Someone eagle-eyed on Reddit spotted it as fixed in the Shaka trailer!
[Image: YouTube-Playback-300x218.png]

back on topic - the Zulus are definitely OP and are prone to military snowball, but what concerns me is the loyalty mechanic and how much it will limit expansion, since the governors have a hard limit of seven.
me on civfanatics.com
An ideal strategy game would tone down efficiency challenges, while promoting choices and conflicts
No gods or kings. Only Man.

(February 7th, 2018, 04:38)Hail Wrote:
Japper007 Wrote:Someone eagle-eyed on Reddit spotted it as fixed in the Shaka trailer!
[Image: YouTube-Playback-300x218.png]
Fine then, someone with way to much time on their hands went through the video frame by frame. The point was the fix...

(February 6th, 2018, 19:28)Japper007 Wrote: Disagree with Zulu being OP, the Impi comes rather late.

A civ that gets Corp/ Army alot earlier than anyone else and even gets those automatically upgraded by city-captures (there are usual a lot of CS for the taking) is extremly strong. Good Luck trying to defend against some corps. Especially as those corps get additional +5 strength.

(February 6th, 2018, 19:28)Japper007 Wrote: They could get run over by another civ before they hit peak efficiency. Playing such a scary civ is also a good way to invoke dogpile.

Not so easy to overrun a civ that will go for military from the get go.

Patch Notes for base game are up!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/a...5494326654

No mention of the trade routes changing to 1st building but do mention science rate changing from 0.7/pop to 0.5/pop and no more GG/GA stacking.

Damnit, Woden-ninja!

Highlights that I don't remember seeing confirmed previously:

Firaxis Wrote:Rework start position algorithm to spread major powers evenly across the map first and then insert city-states in the margins.  Results in improved distances between Civilizations and better quality for major civ start positions.

dance

Firaxis Wrote:Add notification about production salvaged from a Wonder.

Bombard land units are now more effective against naval units, Ranged land units are less effective against naval units.

Pillage rewards are now displayed in the tooltip of the Pillage action button.

Great Admirals and Great Generals no longer stack.

AI is much less likely to trade its cities away as part of a peace deal.

UI shows turns until Friendship lapses.

Loaded it up. First thing I've noticed is that right-click is no longer working for unit movement. banghead

After a little fiddling, it looks as though that's caused by an incompatibility with the CQUI mod.

Firaxis Wrote:Rework start position algorithm to spread major powers evenly across the map first and then insert city-states in the margins.  Results in improved distances between Civilizations and better quality for major civ start positions.

First game with the new patch, Scythia spawned 8 tiles from my capital. On a large continents map. Back to the drawing board, Firaxis.

After patch, I cannot see the little city info bar over each city that show production queue, growth and size? This a new 'feature'

EDIT: Also CQUI is broke for me as well