As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB21 Succession Game

I have one other variant idea, but it involves building 28 settlers on a large map. Potentially even more tedious lol.

EDIT: Only 26 smile

sooooo Wrote:I have one other variant idea, but it involves building 28 settlers on a large map. Potentially even more tedious lol.

EDIT: Only 26 smile
Explain yourself, sir!

Please Do....

Well that game will take ages and I have remembered I will be away later this year so I won't take the idea any further.

Hi,

exactly what Sulla said: Not keen on playing the same variant again; haven't played Civ in months; don't have Warlords (I still plan to buy it once an RB Warlords event appears...although it looks like my money can be spent elsewhere... rolleye ); but would be open to a new variant. In fact, I plan to host a succession game myself as soon as my new monitor has arrived (should happen next week or so), but I would be happy to play in another one's SG as well if the variant is interesting. smile

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Same as sullla and kylearan, except I do have warlords.

Well... I don't want to steal sooooo's thunder if he has a variant ready and willing to go, but perhaps I could throw out some of the Civ4 SG ideas I haven't tried yet here (?) The top one on my list right now is a modification of the Passive-Aggressive theme that I wrote about on my website some time ago. In short, we must win by Conquest, but we cannot capture cities. lol EVERYTHING must be culture-flipped. I'm 100% convinced that this is doable, but no one to my knowledge has ever actually made the attempt. Mutineer is trying something related right now in a SG, but he's focusing on vassalizing all of the AIs instead of emphasizing culture (which I think is a flawed approach, but whatever). We'd be allowed to kill defenders to eliminate flip garrisons, but no city captures, ever. The world must be overrun by our culture.

sooooo, Kylearan, regoarrarr - does this sound like something interesting? Or am I taking a shot in the dark here? smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

That sounds perverse enough that it would probably worth playing provided the game level isn't to high - no way I would try this on deity since I haven't even tried deity!

If no one would mined I would like to play. Ive played several culture games and I want to get some SG experiance and this looks like a fun SG.

There actually has been a succession game on CivFanatics won by domination via culture-flips, in Always Peace.