As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB21 Succession Game

Kylearan Wrote:Ruff_hi and regoarrarr, what are your preferences about that matter?
I was going to say NO PREFERENCE but on consideration, I would like to play from a different start. Same set up is find but maybe regenerate the map and go from there? I find start comparisons interesting in normal events but I am here for fun and being locked out of the other threads isn't fun.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

ok, I have created a thread on CFC for team D.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=210325

I would prefer to use the same save, but if people want to use different settings we can do that too, so just check in on the thread with your preferences and we'll take it from there.

I think we should all play the same save - kind of a poor man's SGOTM :-)

yeah, I was thinking of it as an unofficial event. tongue

uberfish Wrote:yeah, I was thinking of it as an unofficial event. tongue
Shhh - don't say unofficial event!
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

While Team B can certainly do whatever it wants, I encourage you all to think about the fact that A, C, and D all are going to be using Sulla's save. Maybe you could choose to do the same to make this a bit more "official"?

I'm rather against not being able to read other threads at the same time, but thats okay.

Though we are all using Sullla's save, are we all going to use different leaders and AIs, or are we going to use the same leader and AI as Team A?

Hi,

I've created the thread for Team B here. I will play my first turnset tomorrow, so we will have time to discuss our opening moves a bit.

I've used the same save as Sulla's team - sorry Ruff_Hi! I don't like being locked out of the other threads as well, but I think the comparison after we've completed our game will be very interesting. Not in a competition kind of way, but because I like to see how the others deal with the same situation - we have a lot of creative people on the teams! thumbsup

Maybe you can see it this way: Normal SGs don't have other teams playing the same game, so normally you wouldn't have any other threads to read/post to anyway. wink

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

team D is playing from the starting save.

To clarify - Is it ok to recapture our own cities if we carelessly lose them to the AI?

uberfish Wrote:To clarify - Is it ok to recapture our own cities if we carelessly lose them to the AI?

Only if you can do so via culture flips. There are no exceptions to the variant rules. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord