As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RB21 Succession Game

FYI

I just learned that you can make an ignore list at CFC, so that you don't see the posts of people on that list smoke . You can do so in you personal message screen, on the left.
On League of Legends I am "BertrandDeHorn"

Quick question:

I have been wondering what progress the RB29 games have been making. I don't want to peak into any of the other threads in order to avoid spoilers, but I wonder if it would be permissible for each team to have a member post their current in-game year here, just so we can get a general idea of how close to finishing each team is.

test

Hmm...it looks like spoiler tags don't work. If anyone wants the dates I don't mind PMing the information to them.

Darrell

darrelljs Wrote:
test

Hmm...it looks like spoiler tags don't work. If anyone wants the dates I don't mind PMing the information to them.

Darrell
Thanks darrelljs, but that's exactly my point. I don't want any info that would be considered a spoiler, and non-players who are free of spoiler restrictions can simply visit the threads. What I'm more interested is finding out whether or not the current in-game year info would be considered a spoiler. I don't think it should be, and if not, then my original question still applies.

I don't see how knowing where each team is up to can be spoiler-ish. What information does it actually give away ... "Oh no, Team A is at 500AD, that means they must have ... errr ... played a few rounds."

Well, thinking about it, the only chance of spoiler information is if a team has been eliminated (lol), sort of like ... "Well, I cannot tell you were our team is at because we lost". That would be spoiler-ish.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

I fully agree that knowing the dates where each team is playing is completely trivial information, which should have no bearing on the performance of each team. However, for that very reason, I feel there's no reason to be sharing that info either. Why does it matter where each team is in terms of dates? You can get a good idea just from looking at the number of posts and thread views. (For instance, I'm pretty sure that team "D" has been talking up a storm, based on the number of posts!)

I'd also rather like to avoid the situation of a team seeing that they are "behind" the others and then rushing to complete/catch up. I know it's tempting, but I think I'm going to have to go with the "no spoilers means no spoilers" standby here.
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

If any players in the other teams are guessing how far we have progressed based on number of posts, I can reveal the non spoiler info that... team D has five players and is playing at 15 turns per set tongue

Sullla Wrote:You can get a good idea just from looking at the number of posts and thread views. (For instance, I'm pretty sure that team "D" has been talking up a storm, based on the number of posts!)
The (in my opinion) contradiction in the above is why I posed the question. Theoretically, I could guestimate how far along a team is by their number of posts, but what if they're talking up a storm rather than playing up a storm. Perhaps Team A has more lurkers posting, or perhaps Team B likes more discussion. No matter what the particularers, many other factors can easily make post count hardly coorelate at all to game progress.
Sullla Wrote:I'd also rather like to avoid the situation of a team seeing that they are "behind" the others and then rushing to complete/catch up. I know it's tempting, but I think I'm going to have to go with the "no spoilers means no spoilers" standby here.
This is more the reason I was asking my original question - to see if any of the other teams were far ahead or behind by team's (awesome) progress. Not in order to rush or deley, but to get an idea whether or not we'd all be able to look at each others reports close to when our games end, as opposed to some of us seeing each other's threads before others.
uberfish Wrote:If any players in the other teams are guessing how far we have progressed based on number of posts, I can reveal the non spoiler info that... team D has five players and is playing at 15 turns per set tongue
Team C has 4 players at this point and is transitioning to 20 turn sets.

Sullla Wrote:(For instance, I'm pretty sure that team "D" has been talking up a storm, based on the number of posts!)

Correct. We just cannot agree whether to move the starting settler or not! lol lol lol
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

mostly_harmless Wrote:Correct. We just cannot agree whether to move the starting settler or not! lol lol lol
SPOILER! We now know Team D started with a Settler! smile