As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

well, the settler is a mistake. The choke attempt was what it was - you took a chance and it didn't work. Not having copper - there's nothing you can do about that!!

I might have lost the game with that settler weed, but I can still have fun:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0548.JPG]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Hey, this is the casual game! I'm glad you're taking this setback better than 31. Go bash some heads in!

Wanna see something depressing! Here's a two-turn-late turn 50 report! On turn 52!

The empire is growing, something like ten turns later than it should, but no matter. Looks pretty, eh? One we settle this all it'll be even prettier. We'll have time to really get big honking swarms of impi up before someone colonizes us with rifles. Gogo team Zulu!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0566.JPG]

First of all, the glorious capital In-the-Wabe:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0564.JPG]

Secondly, the late Mimsy Borogoves:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0565.JPG]

What, you were expecting commentary? Have you seen my sad little empire? Okay, well, I'll update on the world at large, although I'm just basing this off of post count and what I know of the players:

Krill is in the lead with a massive, massive capital (at least, I assume Mr. Chm Krill is the size 7 monster, Cyneheard isn't). He is whining about the map although it's just not the same when it was some uncaring script that wrote it. He's doing very well, although complaining about his own micro. All this rage is being taken out on Darrell (maybe ASM too, but mostly Darrell), who knows he's a bad bad boy and deserves the abuse.
[COLOR="Yellow"]
Ceiliazul[/COLOR] is close behind, probably on about 13 cities at this point from his killing of plako with a brutal warrior assault. Other industrious guys are trying for the 'mids, but Ceil is going to land them, with extreme prejudice and utter nonchalance.

Brick is...somehow in third? Along with Azza? The cute little newbies are enjoying their expansion trait set, fixing to crash their economies, and making weedy micro running on impeccable and wrong internal logic.

Cyneheard is C&Ding up a storm and posting an actual picture rarely, working on some sort of great plan to use Phi to bulb up to something way on up there that will see him secure in his bridesmaid position behind Krill at game's end. He might not know it, but with three dry corn he dreams nightly about Civil Service.

Pindorarr is spamming up the thread with incredibly detailed micro plans, working on the Rego-standard Oracle->Colossus->priest economy->lose plan. They have good, tight cities and plenty of 'em, and are sneakily trying not to be noticed by the Agg/Pro loser north of them (by land or by sea?). We have yet to see how Rego will lose, but that's part of the fun.

Scooter/Dazed, meanwhile, are carefully posting reams of micro (so-so) in aid of over-thought goals (questionable), while speculating about C&D-stabs (sorta kinda accurate). Scooter wants himself a GLH or 'mids, quite wisely, while Dazed is sort of just playing his usual solid game.

Yuri is oddly cheerful about his horrible, horrible leader and late, late civ. He's just kinda playing too, settling at a decent clip and managing things very well, working up to placing very highly in the also-ran category.

Commodore is me. See top post. He settled his second city on turn 52. He sucks at this game and should probably find a new cheap hobby.

lol lol
I have to run.

Commodore Wrote:Commodore is me. See top post. He settled his second city on turn 52. He sucks at this game and should probably find a new cheap hobby.

That probably goes for me as well, but maybe we can both hold off on finding a new hobby...

[SIZE="1"]PB7 quasi-spoiler follows[/SIZE]
...until after our current PB "empires" are inevitably swallowed by a more advanced neighbor. (This is not a spoiler here, it's an acknowledgement of your first settler being eaten by a grue and your comment about being colonized).

So what's the Toku Zulu solution to colonization? hammer

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:So what's the Toku Zulu solution to colonization? hammer

Heh, right now, actually a nice threatening bit of kabuki. Battle Realms anyone? Clan Dragon is doing well against Cnyeheard's Lotus, but evidently Wolf Clan is our nemesis.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0579.JPG]

Nothing to do, really, but build more cities behind Agg warriors. Here's In-the-Wabe, making a settler now for the pig share/wheat/horses spot to the south, getting up a few chariots will be pretty nice to accompany the impi.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0580.JPG]

Let's show them the Toku Zulu, next time on:
[Image: BRs.jpg]

lol about the player description thing. Also about Battle Realms. My friend had this game and it became an internal joke between us due to how bad the game was. You could delete other players constructions. You could attack trees to get Yin/Yang with one of the clans. This name still makes me laugh...

By the way, your naming scheme rocks. I'm not entirely sure how you are deciding the name of the cities, but it's from the Jabberwocky, right?

Ichabod Wrote:lol about the player description thing. Also about Battle Realms. My friend had this game and it became an internal joke between us due to how bad the game was. You could delete other players constructions. You could attack trees to get Yin/Yang with one of the clans. This name still makes me laugh...

By the way, your naming scheme rocks. I'm not entirely sure how you are deciding the name of the cities, but it's from the Jabberwocky, right?

Holy crap, I thought the reference would be missed by everyone. I'd admit to being an unironic fan the game, in was broken in balance but darned if they didn't nail a really cool theme.

The theme is largely from Jabberwocky, although obviously with the workers "Walrus" and "Puffin" we're going elsewhere for theme too. I guess the theme is almost "stuff I liked as a kid".

The player descriptions are we bit changed...Rego and Scooter got Stonehenge and the 'mids, respectively. Same score bump, but we know the Eithopes and they don't claim 'midsburg on the top five cities screen, so it's easy enough to parse that one.

So in addition to the normal stuff up north at home, I have a cheerful warrior south. Found the jungle belt, so that's a good reference for how big the world is (vast). Seeking Rego/Pin if they had made contact with a scout...more and more I think it was a workboat, no sign of human habitation here.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0591.JPG]

On the plus side with this much room I could quite comfortably expand south without worrying about rushing the Byzantines or fighting for land at all...

I mean at least if I'm buildering, I can use the Zulu strengths like...

Hey, -20% maint is a nice boost to the REX...
[Image: BR.JPG]

Yeah. We're totally going to try an impi rush.