As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

BTS Succession Game?

The reason I like the lower case letters is it leaves RB in caps and nothing else. Not to try to sound arrogant, but many folks have their own SG series, and it might be reasonable to think a lurker might want to look for SGs from series they know best. RBTS might not jump out at them as a Realms Beyond game, and maybe RBts would. Then again, maybe the opposite would occur, who knows?

As for PM'ing a mod, might I suggest Methos, who has been relatively active here at RB as well.

I'll ask Methos to change it. Should we get the opinion of Sulla or Sirian, given this is the first of the series?

Swiss Pauli,

That first start I rolled was an isolated start, I've attached a new save in the thread.

Darrell

Yeah, I'd seen that. I find Fractal produces some intriguing maps, but they're often unsuitable for variant play.

I'll start up the RBtS1b thread tomorrow.

Kodii Wrote:I think RBTS1b is perfectly fine. Why are we enabling all victory conditions?
Space only is going to be tougher than Agg AI, I feel, as you need to let the AIs tech ahead and then outfox the AI right at the very end in order to win. I won't start the thread until tomorrow, so if the majority wants that restriction in our game, then we can have it.

I might be too late chiming in, but I do like the idea of running separate maps and not starting from the same save. Even separate (new BtS) civs would be nice, just because these are the first SGs of the new expansion for RB, and the idea is more to get an idea of espionage rather than compare off the same map.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

pindicator Wrote:I might be too late chiming in, but I do like the idea of running separate maps and not starting from the same save. Even separate (new BtS) civs would be nice, just because these are the first SGs of the new expansion for RB, and the idea is more to get an idea of espionage rather than compare off the same map.
Then they should be RBtS1 and RBtS2.

I think the point is that all of us like the original idea, but some of the players find Emperor+AggAI to be a bit too tough, with the secondary objective of showing off the strength of the GW GS bomb.

we could just use RB30? Vanilla is dead now anyway.

Methos isn't a moderator in the Civ4 SG forum.

RB succession games have never been just RB# until Vanilla Civ4. There has been RBD, RBE, RBP, RBC and then RBW with Warlords. As long as the "RB" is there, it isn't difficult for lurkers to spot it out. Especially if they only have to click to see whether or not it really is an RB SG or not.

In any case, I definitely think that we should get the opinion from someone like Sullla or Sirian.

As for the game specifics, it looks like Team B is torn. I personally would like same everything except Aggressive AI and the Great Spy rule, unless the rest decide otherwise. I am most interested in comparing Aggressive AI vs Non-Aggressive AI and the power of the early GS bomb. This can't be done effectively when several things are changed. If someone is interested in playing around with other BtS changes, they can start RBtS2.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not sure about Vanilla being dead. I'm sure someone would want to start up another Vanilla SG, but changing the RB tag from Vanilla to BtS is feasible option.

darrelljs Wrote:I'll ask Methos to change it. Should we get the opinion of Sulla or Sirian, given this is the first of the series?
Guys, don't freak out about the naming. Upper-case versus lower-case is not a big deal. RBTS, RBts, RBtS, or any other permutation is fine with me. smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Kodii Wrote:I personally would like same everything except Aggressive AI and the Great Spy rule
Agree.

I also agree that Vanilla isn't dead.