As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Planetfall SG1

My turn? On it.

Alright, I played through another ten turns for us.

Turn 2270: Here's an overview of our empire:

[Image: Civ4_Screen_Shot0016.jpg]

We're teching Affinity Gene. Which makes sense, because Locusts are very powerful. But we're also running hefty maintenance costs. For half the price of finishing Affinite Gene, we could tech Biofuels, switch to Autarky, and those costs would go away. Plus, Biofuels speeds up our research of Affinity Gene. So I switch techs.

Defenses are looking fairly thin. I should probably build some units during this turnset.

Turn 2271: Fort Survivalist finishes a genite. We don't have any colony pods cooking right now, so I switch to that (so much for building units!)

Turn 2272: The capital finishes its build. I start it on "stockpile energy" in order to raise the science slider (seems like a very good deal).

I also sart a sea colony pod in Hero's Waypoint. Because who doesn't want to colonize the sea?

Turn 2276: Lal asks for open borders. He seems very unhappy with us, so I agree, hoping it'll let us delay the inevitable war.

Turn 2278: Our tech comes in:

[Image: Civ4_Screen_Shot0012.jpg]

Just about everyone wants a piece of this. I manage to cut a pretty good deal with Zak:

[Image: Civ4_Screen_Shot0013.jpg]

His World Map is pretty complete; he must have built that Unity Observation wonder. I also trade Psionics to Lal for 240 credits. That's a pretty fantastic deal for him, but let's try to stay on his good side.

We had a datajack sitting around doing nothing. So I used him to fire a golden age, and swapped into Autarky.

Turn 2280: I found us a base on the sea:

[Image: Civ4_Screen_Shot0014.jpg]

Here's an overview of our new empire:

[Image: Civ4_Screen_Shot0015.jpg]

Affinity Gene due in six turns. Once we can make Locusts, I think it's time to start beating on people.

The save: [ATTACH]2617[/ATTACH]

Sareln, back to you.

Good set, though I would not have sold Lal Psionics given that he & diedre are probably first on the murder list.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Please tell me we have at least two units defending that water base yikes

Aquatic bases are difficult to hold. Mindworms and Sealurks will swarm the defenders quickly unless all spawning points within a wide radius have been destroyed. I can see a blockade not far away, so apparently the seas have no been cleared yet.

Suggestion for next turn set: produce some hidden nationality mindworms to screw with Deedee's colonies- she should be our first target, and if we can weaken the AI before formally declaring "vendetta", we should. Same for Lal (whose good side is about to become immaterial in 20 turns tongue )

Bobchillingworth Wrote:Suggestion for next turn set: produce some hidden nationality mindworms to screw with Deedee's colonies- she should be our first target, and if we can weaken the AI before formally declaring "vendetta", we should. Same for Lal (whose good side is about to become immaterial in 20 turns tongue )

That's solid too b/c Deidre is in control of the Concordant right? So any progress we make against her has to be quick before the forced-peace votes start.

Why Deirdre first? I'd say Lal first, he doesn't like us and can attack when we're dealing with Deirdre. While Deirdre is friendly and not a threat

Deedee has more cities on our island, and she's weaker.

Bobchillingworth Wrote:Please tell me we have at least two units defending that water base yikes

IIRC there are an even number of units defending our new base, which might be slightly less than two crazyeye. I thought we'd be safe because the planet loves us? Anyway, I think we can get some Isles of the Deep there quickly: we've got tons of them roaming the map, not doing anything in particular now that we seem to be mostly out of unity pods.

Looking over the map, there are a few more ocean pods to pop, then I bring the Isles home for spawning point busting and Naval interdiction.

Strategically I think our goal should be to snip Diedre's cities on our continent and then peace out of that. She likes us enough that she's unlikely to redec and we'll always be able to dragoon her onto our side when the Concordant goes for Transcendence. After that, I think our favored target should actually be Luttinen, Not Lal. She has a goodly amount of land that isn't culturally contested by other factions and so is easy to integrate, while Lal is at tech parity and his own lands border other factions which have also dumped a ton of influence into those tiles.

*Cough*