As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore is Tokugawa of Zulu, or, playing for second place.

After some annoyance with the check/recheck awkwardness that happens in a pitboss, we're now at peace. Ten turns until war again. So also Azza hopefully doing at least some damage to Krill.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0722.JPG]

Here's the site of our future campaign. No idea why Cyneheard never settled that plains hill there, but for now he's got five cities to build an army against my own twelve, although his are much stronger.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0721.JPG]

Barlow granted me knowledge of exactly how much stronger these are.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0723.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0724.JPG]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0725.JPG]

Gaspar, ideas? "Don't fight yet, out-tech to the win" is a good one, but alas Cyneheard is already partly through machinery, which means 'phracts are close. Nerfed, but still...I'd rather not face them in the field.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Here's the world.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot100m.JPG]

Again, awesome.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Merovech Wrote:Again, awesome.

Thanks Merovech! This game has been a lot of fun, I got to say. There is something epic about this map/game setup. It's not at all even, but the challenges of the randomness and the interest of the map shape has presented all kinds fun. I would 100% love to do this again, actually. Maybe change a handful of things...give the Aussies some luxuries, maybe have an eleventh guy on the islands...but this is an epic storyline for a game.

Just caught up - exhausted, so the actual looking at the save will have to happen tomorrow. Couple things...
  • The Magellan report was awesome.
  • The Map, also awesome.
  • I don't think out-tech for the win really can work. In the short term his small, tall empire will overwhelming likely outtech yours. Fortunately, your much larger number of build queues means you can outslug him. I think you basically have to go all-in and kill him off.

Yes, Gaspar advocating for war over teching. The world truly on end.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Awesome map thumbsup
...wounding her only makes her more dangerous! nono -- haphazard1
It's More Fun to be Jack of All Trades than Master of One.

So uh, I have no idea what this is about, but screw you rego:

[Image: pb5a.jpg]

Anyone paying better attention than me want to help me out? Even global's can give me information Commodore would have that I might not have due to not paying all that much attention. wink

Ok, so holy hell I have no idea what's going on here. Normal speed, RB Mod and some sort of weird geopolitcal situation that makes no sense to me. But you left me in charge, so you get what you get. smile

Anyway, after that pop up Rego offered me Iron for nothing. How have you not researched IW on T163? I took it, because while I generally believe rego to be a douche, there's really no downside to free iron. My read of the message rego sent us was that Yuri is going to attack Vorpal Blade. And y'know, that seemed pretty reasonable. So I shuffled some units to VB and put free build queues on War Eles. I dunno what you want to research next, Commo-boss but if you don't indicate otherwise I'ma go for Engineering. I also swapped EP to Yuri because I'd like his graphs more than anyone else we don't have yet. Sorry if I'm screwing up whatever the diplo plan is here.

Other than that I whipped the Ikhanda in Juju and streamed the spies over towards Cyne-land. 1-move really blows, that seems an unnecessary nerf to me. Anyway, that's the turn. I probably screwed a few things up being flustered by the trade screen spam.

Here's the situation over there:

[Image: pb5b.jpg]

I moved 2 HAs into VB and 3 War Ele's will join them next turn. I'm going to feel really bad if I lose a city on you or something while you're have a baby. REMEMBER THIS STRESS AND BE NICE TO ME IN PBEM38.

wink

I haven't read Rego's thread lately. To me it looks like he's suggesting Yuri is coming after VB with Knights?

Ok, definitely trying to warn us about Knights.

[Image: pb5c.jpg]

In 27t? That's a long term deal. *shrug*

Anyway, almost nothing to do this turn. Jiggered a little tile micro, continued streaming spies to Cynelandia. Machinery in, onto Engineering though I'm saving gold for a turn. Will take ~9t to tech it. Get graphs on Yuri in 3t.