As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILER] Kyan + thestick. Is that the best you can do?

Harbors are considered standard buildings?

But still, 50% for Melee on a 5 strength unit puts us in the Axeman vs. Praetorian situation. (Yes, I know might be something different than that since Spearman is 4 + 100%, but I don't know what).
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Harbors are buildings that you would build regardless of your civ. they are good by themselves. Aqueducts are an expensive crap building that you would normally never build.

Numids are base strength 7.5 against spearman. Spears are base 8. Numids can easily start double promoted meaning that they have odds against Everything in their genre. Check out scooters most recent duel with them. Due to withdrawal, they can get promoted easier also and being a 2 mover, they can cover a large swathe of land for us a lot easier. Horse archers can do the same, but get rocked by spears. It's not he same as praets vs axes as praets will always have odds.

Your argument is winning me over. One last thing, did they mention if the islands/other continents were accessible pre-Astronomy?
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

thestick Wrote:Your argument is winning me over. One last thing, did they mention if the islands/other continents were accessible pre-Astronomy?

I honesty don't remember. Internet is dodgy at best but hopefully one f the map crew can confirm. My impression, rightly or wrongly, is that there will likely be islands you can reach from the start, islands post astronomy and likely the other continent post astronomy too.

If they're accessible pre-Astronomy, we go with Carthage and found a Galley-island city. If they aren't, I say we go with Portugal.

Another thing to keep in mind, we'll be pretty reliant on chopping for our opening with Fishing/Mining.

Ok. I agree. Once you've received confirmation, feel free to make our pick official. I'd like brians p.o.v. Pick has been with us for sometime, mostly due to me.

thestick Wrote:Another thing to keep in mind, we'll be pretty reliant on chopping for our opening with Fishing/Mining.

No more than usual. Tech agri then BW most likely, all depends on the start.

Kyan Wrote:Ok. I agree. Once you've received confirmation, feel free to make our pick official. I'd like brians p.o.v. Pick has been with us for sometime, mostly due to me.

I'll ask the question publicly. One, it's a bit of information that probably should be shared with everyone. Two, it in increases the chances that the question will be seen.

I'm home. No reply is forthcoming from the map guys. I therefore still favour Carthage. There is, to my knowledge, not a single map on RB where there are islands accessible post-astronomy without there being some pre. I'd bet good money we have islands to explore.

The map script for continents with islands mixed in gives plenty of offshore islands. If they were definitely post-astronomy only, then Portugal would probably have been the best pick.