As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

spoilers: this aint no cakewalk, its a musicalcatwalk; pacal of inca

Awesome, wasn't sure if we needed the quecha or not.
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Merovech Wrote:Awesome, wasn't sure if we needed the quecha or not.

hopefully not just yet. so ive changed the build queue in mr.mistoffelees to build 2 work-boats on the trot:

[Image: turn37mrmistoffelees0000.jpg]

bombalurina was finally founded and i spotted sians got a warrior sitting on the gems. have fortified the accompanying quechua as a precaution. building a terrace working the copper tile while its being improved to speed up that build instaed of growth. we will need iron working soon or that city will be very unhealthy:

[Image: turn37bombalurina0000.jpg]

at macavity a chop came in so ive decided to build an extra worker [cassandra] instead. moved the sentry quechua down onto the corn in case hes needed down at bombalurina:

[Image: turn37macavity0000.jpg]

found what could be another island chain at the north of the continent:

[Image: turn37north0000.jpg]

have decided to drop to 0% tech. at 0% we get 10gpt and at 100% we get 15bpt at a cost of -5gpt. of course this will change slightly when mungojerrie is founded next turn haha. writing will take 4 turns at 100% so 2 turns at 0% should pay for this.

we got sians graphs at end of turn so ill switch to 2 on each or maybe move 1 next turn for 5 turns then go 2 each haha

and now demos:

[Image: turn37demos0000.jpg]

make of these what you will

I'm pretty sure you can't farm that banana because it's on a hill.
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

Merovech Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't farm that banana because it's on a hill.

oh. damn

ok turn finally got back to me

maybe sians thinking of knocking on shoots door instead of mine as he moved 1s. however shoot also has a warrior in the vacinity of bombalurina so ive brought down the spare quechua as insurance. good thing i got the road network in place first haha

[Image: turn38bombalurina0000.jpg]

mungojerrie has been founded and it has affected the tech/gold ratiosa little8. admetus is riading through the spices on his way to the horse. the new worker [cassandra] is complete at end of turn so will join him to speed this up

delayed the work-boat by 1 turn in mr.m to allow growth to size 4 and work the cottage earlier. it will grow onto the mine

*tech/gold ratio after tweaking mr.m:

0%: +9gpt
100%: +20bpt at -11gpt

writing will take 3 turns so need 33 gold. 2 more turns at 0% should do it

damn! at end of turn mr.m is unhappy at the extra citizen. at least macavity is regrowing to size3 on a 1-turn quechua so ill send this over to stamp out the rebellion. hmm better make sure theres some military presence in all cities just in case now. macavity can build them while it grows to size 4 or 5

bugger! forgot to switch eps from sian. haha

Merovech Wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't farm that banana because it's on a hill.

true, but once calender finally rolls in you can still build the plantation.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Bigger Wrote:true, but once calender finally rolls in you can still build the plantation.

Yes.

ok quick update as not a lot to report

sians warrior moved 1se on the hill-top bananas. shoots warrior moved 1s probably to sit on the gems. so i moved the quechua 1s to cover carbucketty while he mines the copper from next turn.

due to growth in macavity we now get 11gpt at 0%. still 1 more turn before we can go back to 100% though

I wouldn't worry about bad health in bomalurina, you always get way more health than you need early on. Granary + corn + rice + cows + fish + clams = 7 health. So I don't recommend early IW. I'd mine the bananas.

Catwalk Wrote:I wouldn't worry about bad health in bomalurina, you always get way more health than you need early on. Granary + corn + rice + cows + fish + clams = 7 health. So I don't recommend early IW. I'd mine the bananas.

true it mightve already improved as the road linked it to everything else. but i forgot to look last turn haha