As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILER] Kyan + thestick. Is that the best you can do?

This turn, I swapped Pluto and Haumea to Workers. The lack of improved tiles at Pluto hurts - I'm working two Forests! smoke I hope to improve that situation quickly. Good news is that a Cottage at Haumea completes next turn.

Eris I'll be building a road network to Haumea as my first priority, I'm unhappy at Size 4 factoring whip anger. Raise the happy cap now and build Cottages with the Worker that gets whipped soon.

Makemake is sinking hammers into a Spearman, mainly so that I don't start suffering from hammer decay from hammers in a Warrior that didn't complete. Funny thing, I tried to delay Hunting by one turn to let the cheap Warrior complete... but I was only 1 beaker away from completing Hunting, and couldn't make any less than 1 beaker.

Ceres is settled next turn and will have a forest chopped into its Granary on the first turn of its existence.

I found a source of Fish to the west of Haumea between a field of Grassland and a bunch of grasslands. It'll make a nice filler location eventually.

Still 2nd in Crop Yield and Population, 4th in Land Area. Not last in GNP now. I think I'll be the first to five cities, at the cost of the economy.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Apparently my turn counting got screwed up, last turn was T45.

Ceres was founded this turn:

I stole the Rice from Makemake until the Wheat gets farmed. Ceres dropped me down to 30% research.

Nakor's Warrior is scouting Makemke's borders, and I couldn't cover my Worker, so I withdrew it:

Makemake is finally growing to a larger size:

I hope that Nakor runs away so I can farm that floodplains.

Eris is deep in unhappiness:

(No, I'm not really working that Forest. Blame the governor). The whip anger wears off in two turns, so I'll swap to a Worker next turn.

GNP:

Production:

Crop Yield:

Demographics:

Yes, I'll try to get those pictures cropped. Crop Yield is still nice.

Pluto and Haumea will hit the happy cap in two turns. I'll need an extra cottage near Haumea, then I'll build those roads.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

WHY AM I RUNNING ESPIONAGE?!?

I swear that's a misclick.

I'm pretty sure I accidentally clicked it a while ago and never noticed. 6 points per turn should've tipped me off...

The most important news of this turn was that I turned off the Espionage.

Pluto's new Worker is starting to build a road connecting Pluto and Haumea, while Haumea's Workers started to build a Cottage. The cottage will complete next turn, filling out Haumea until the Gold gets connected.

Nakor's Warrior is still poking around. My Warrior will be in position next turn to cover my Worker so it can farm the floodplains again. Eris' Worker will be whipped next turn. Ceres' Wheat will be farmed next turn, letting Makemake regain its Rice.

I'm now first place in Crop Yield. jive

One thing I forgot to mention, I wish I had Writing. Pluto got 29 hammers, meaning I could polish off a Creative Library, if I only had Writing. I'll build HR Warriors instead.

Not sure whether to head for Monarchy or Mathematics after Writing. I'm leaning Monarchy.

In domestic news, I completed a few military garrison Warriors. I whipped a Worker in Eris. Ceres' Wheat completed, and the people of Makemake feasted for days to celebrate. Pluto and Haumea grew onto Cottages. Writing finished EOT.

My trade network completes next turn, giving Pluto and Eris an extra happy face before they grow into unhappiness. The Ivory gets hooked up the turn after that.

In military news, Mackoti's sending an exploring Chariot westward:

My entire military consists of 10 Warriors:

I'll need actual units for the next city.

Demographics:

I finally have a Population that somewhat reflects my Crop Yield. GNP still stinks as a Creative civ, which is a bad sign. Again, that Power is all Warriors.

Next phase of the plan is to keep growing now and build some actual units to whip out Libraries and a Settler on the next round of whipping. Or build Libraries with existing overflow, hmm...

Still growing and cottaging. Dumped overflow in Pluto and Eris into libraries.

Woo, 1000BC! Only two or three thousand more years to go.

This turn was more of the same, growing and cottaging. Pluto and Haumea are growing faster than I can plop down cottages, even though I have 3 Workers dedicated to that.

Ivory at Ceres got connected. Pluto and Haumea's whip anger wears off in two turns, so I'll kick off another round of whipping. Library in Haumea, Settler in Pluto. I'm economically ready for a sixth city, I think, since I recovered to about 50% breakeven. Makemake finally grew onto the Gold. I finally got graphs on Nakor. The Granary in Ceres will be whipped next turn.

I decided to go for Monarchy next, but am still stockpiling gold while waiting for Libraries. I'm not sure whether to go through Monotheism or Priesthood, since I don't have any religion yet. (Mackoti already grabbed Judaism)

I'm trying to figure out where to plant the sixth city, Charon (yes, I'm going with moons of dwarf planets):

Plant the close, food-rich city in the north by the Clams, near Makemake's original spot, or that Horse city without first ring food and near Mackoti?

In foreign news, Mackoti's Worker is just chilling in place for some reason:

Pluto:

Haumea:

Makemake:

Eris:

Ceres:

Score:

GNP:

MFG:

Crop Yield:

Power:

Demographics:

Growing has launched me to first in Population and second in Score and MFG. That is a happy Crop Yield lead. Although, a bit of that is just autoassigned forests... GNP still stinks, but being the only one with five cities (at least that I know of) is a worthwhile tradeoff in my eyes. That high Land Area is a bit concerning.

In domestic news, I queued up a Settler in Pluto and a Worker in Haumea, to be whipped next turn. I decided to go with a Worker in Haumea, as it's actually making less money than Makemake right now. The more important thing is to get those cottages up. The Library can wait until the next round of whipping.

Makemake will swap to a Library next turn and whip it to completion the turn after that.

Eris will whip a Worker soon, since the Library is just one chop away from completion.

Ceres just whipped its Granary. The Workers there are building a Farm on a riverside grassland, then they'll start cottaging.

More importantly, I've almost decided where Charon will go:

Probably going with a city near the Ivory, as the city that grabs the Corn feels a bit too much of a military stretch. 1N of the Ivory is definitely a better site, trading Cows for irrigated Wheat, but it feels far away. Seventh city is probably that Cows/Clams site.

In foreign news, Nakor offered Open Borders, and I couldn't see much of a reason to turn him down. I offered Open Borders to Mackoti, too.

I definitely feel that Monarchy will be better than the Hanging Gardens. The Hanging Gardens are pretty tempting, the only source of Great Engineer points besides Forges... but I have tons of Food as it is, and an lacking in the happiness department. Besides the Gold and Ivory, there aren't any happiness sources pre-Iron Working or Calendar. I have a healthy stock of Warriors, and they'll be useful. By the time I get to Monarchy, I hope they'll be enough Worker labor to have tiles to grow onto.

Crop Yield is still nice, 75 vs. Rival Best of 58. Population slipped back to second, though. I'm still a bit worried about GNP, it's still low even though I'm at about 55% breakeven.