As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoilers]Commodore likes it restrictive; Galling DuGaulle of the Gauls

Yeah, in the end, Sian took Mali which was the other major consideration. I toyed with the idea of Hannibal of Carthage, but darn it, I wanted to try something new. So:

[Image: 200.jpg]
Commodore (waffling, entertaining) as DuGaulle (Ind/Chm) of France (Agriculture (?!), The Whee)

Commodore (MSW) likes offensives, storytelling, and a good mircoplan. Dislikes being pink dotted, sandbox kickers, and Jamba Juice. Wants to shake things up, and try something new, just looking to have a good time. Agriculture start outside his comfort zone, Ind a little riskier than he prefers. Putative favorite, so expects some rough play.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Next up, we've got Bert!

[Image: Hannibal_Barca.jpg]
Sian (stubborn, irascible) as Hannibal (Fin, Chm) of Mali (The Wheel, Mining)

Sian (wantstobeletalone) likes archer spam, failgold, and wonders, and dislikes other human beings, diplomacy, and blue skies. Wants to try out spamming his new archers, now 33% bigger. Feels Fin which is weird for him, but will enjoy bonking beakers together for great techs. Stonehenge fetish likely.

I make fun of his aspect ratio, but he might be less blurry now.

[Image: pericles.jpg]
Slowcheetah (competent, SE) as Pericles (Phi, Cre) of China (Agriculture, Mining).

Slowcheetah is looking for some hot hot action to spice up his normally conservative playtime. He likes coffee, cornbeef, and the Pyramids, and dislikes Financial, cottages, and bordering warmongers. He wants something that starts fast and is still strong in the long term, although he might not push his expansion fast enough for some lurkers' pleasure.

Last, and funniest:

[Image: willemzwijger.jpg]
BoldlyGoingNowhere (funny, large hands) as Willem (Fin, Cre) of Inca (What, The Hell)

Boldly Going Nowhere is all about the group action, ignoring his brother's violent advice but listening very closely to Realms Beyond's own gimp. The cat fetishist sub somehow dom'd his way into saying that Creative mixes with Terraces.

...okay...I gotta stop this here. What? This smells like Catwalk advice all over. They'll do okay, I guess, but next to, say, Odeons or Ball Courts or Hippodomes or whatever else you wanted to build for more culture, you opt for Inca? Okay.

Commodore Wrote:Willem (Fin, Cre) of Inca (What, The Hell)

lol

Btw, I think the de Gaulle pick looks quite strong. Looking forward to the game!

SevenSpirits Wrote:Btw, I think the de Gaulle pick looks quite strong. Looking forward to the game!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it as well. Chuck Dugal here isn't the best leader possible, but he's very much buffed by the settings. Given I intend to SIP (Fishing/Mining would be 1N or 1NE), Agriculture/Wheel are perfect.

For my own reference:
[Image: Start.JPG]

Lots of options, here, but in the end I'm going with the conservative approach. Settling in place, the two big options are Hunting or Pottery first, with Mining-BW a valid option but a play I've done before. Given Chm, close ivory, and probable early MC for cheap forge happy, I'm probably going up, up, up into a vertical early growth. Given the above capital...yeah, wow.

Your option for handicapping yourself should've been Stonehenge first. I heard that works well.

scooter Wrote:Your option for handicapping yourself should've been Stonehenge first. I heard that works well.

Well, you're not wrong.

Avanti! First turn. Looks like I was the fella so blessed to receive the un-rotated start, so yay for that.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1560.JPG]

Welcome Asterix into the world. This place pants with turgid longing for lots and lots of cottages, and I think I'll oblige. Worker first, which is actually probably a pipe dream, given I expect three people to be choking me ASAP.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1561.JPG]

And with that, we're off! No shockers in the settings, password is "Gaul" for my own memory's sake. Ought to be fun.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1564.JPG]

Pity with no romans in the game. You will have to contend with saying that the Incans are out of their minds.