As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

[SIZE="6"]Calabim:[/SIZE]

The Calabim is starting to get Governor's Manors up, and expanding horizontally. We went into unhappiness this turn in two of our cities, but next turn we'll fix it by adopting Runes of Kilmorph.

Here's the capital of Riesling. This city had such a ridiculous food surplus at one point, but we're letting the newer cities borrow three tiles with high food. I'm not sure whether we want a temple of kilmorph here, but I can't select a training yard until next turn.

Chardonnay just chopped a manor, which is where the unhappiness came from. I'm not sure whether to do a worker or bloodpet here next, or maybe something else.

Pinot is almost done growing to the happy cap, but will need more hammers to finish a Manor. BW will help here because the hills are covered in jungle, but a monument will probably also be needed for the gems.

This city is a bit weak right now, as we lack the technology for it to improve either resource. Once we have it, though, we'll have six hills and the food we need to work them.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Thanks for the update Ellimist. smile

Things seems to have settled down for me so I'm aiming to spend some time in game refamiliarising myself with the Empire but a few quick thoughts based on the screenshots:

NBA should be working the mined grass hill instead of the Marble which can be worked by KIPA instead of a grass forest. smile

If we go with the ToK in Reisling then we could push out a 2t Thane to pop borders in Pinot which would be a lot faster than slow building a monument.

Fishing is starting to look attractive (2 Crabs, Lake tiles plus future Fish). Maybe after AH/HBR?

Once FotT completes we could consider GK/Nationhood/Mil State/Conquest for the Elohim. 5 xp units built with food and +25%hammers and reduced unit upkeep makes for some nice military production potental at the expense of some commerce. A quick eyeball suggests we'd gain ~15 net food/hammers for military at the cost of ~10-12 commerce and some gpt in maintenance savings.

Not convinced which is better tbh, but options are always worth considering. wink
fnord

Also: The Lurichip power and MFG numbers are causing me some serious concern.

118hpt? >.<
fnord

Thoth Wrote:Thanks for the update Ellimist. smile

Things seems to have settled down for me so I'm aiming to spend some time in game refamiliarising myself with the Empire
Will you be available tonight? We can get the next turn together, if you are.

Thoth Wrote:NBA should be working the mined grass hill instead of the Marble which can be worked by KIPA instead of a grass forest. smile
Good call. KIPA needed a little extra food last turn to fill the box.

Thoth Wrote:If we go with the ToK in Reisling then we could push out a 2t Thane to pop borders in Pinot which would be a lot faster than slow building a monument.
Using thanes to pop borders works vey well for the Clan, because both temples and thanes are half price, but I'm not so sure it's worthwhile for the Calabim, especially when we can use Orc SoKs to get monuments up.
Thoth Wrote:Fishing is starting to look attractive (2 Crabs, Lake tiles plus future Fish). Maybe after AH/HBR?
Agreed. Fishing is cheap, so why not grab it after AH?
Thoth Wrote:Once FotT completes we could consider GK/Nationhood/Mil State/Conquest for the Elohim. 5 xp units built with food and +25%hammers and reduced unit upkeep makes for some nice military production potental at the expense of some commerce. A quick eyeball suggests we'd gain ~15 net food/hammers for military at the cost of ~10-12 commerce and some gpt in maintenance savings.

Not convinced which is better tbh, but options are always worth considering. wink
I'm not sure either way. My gut says we want aristo commerce, but that does probably rule out conquest.
Thoth Wrote:Also: The Lurichip power and MFG numbers are causing me some serious concern.

118hpt? >.<
I think the Luchuirp are still in a golden age, but it is something we'll need to be wary of.
Active in:

Turn 76 is done(for us) and the Titan still isn't BIDL. We're still on the schedule I posted a bit back, where we finish on turn 79. The only modification I think I'll do is to avoid chopping the T78 forest. We'll still finish on turn 79 if we pick up one extra hammer, and keeping it avoids 1 point of unhealthiness.

Almost all of our eligible units picked up bronze weapons this turn. The main exceptions are some Elohim units on barb duty. Any new clan units will also lack bronze weapons, due to them exporting both of their sources of copper. That's not such a big problem, though, as they have enough copper warriors already for front line duty everywhere.

I'm planning to put the Clan into Military State next turn, and keep the other civics the same(Aristo/Religion/Agrarian). The difference between -10% and +15% hammers is substantial, especially when we're building so many thanes that will never fight. The critical 2 exp we lose from apprenticeship will come back if/when we finish the Titan.

I founded a new city south of the Calabim capital as well. For now it's named Samuel Adams because that was the first alcohol that came to mind, but it's fine if someone wants to rename it. It's at the spot NE of the rice.

Plako's Luchiurp golden age has now ended. His MFG is still pretty good but no longer insane.
Active in:

(October 9th, 2012, 12:25)Ellimist Wrote: Turn 76 is done(for us) and the Titan still isn't BIDL. We're still on the schedule I posted a bit back, where we finish on turn 79. The only modification I think I'll do is to avoid chopping the T78 forest. We'll still finish on turn 79 if we pick up one extra hammer, and keeping it avoids 1 point of unhealthiness.

Almost all of our eligible units picked up bronze weapons this turn. The main exceptions are some Elohim units on barb duty. Any new clan units will also lack bronze weapons, due to them exporting both of their sources of copper. That's not such a big problem, though, as they have enough copper warriors already for front line duty everywhere.

I'm planning to put the Clan into Military State next turn, and keep the other civics the same(Aristo/Religion/Agrarian). The difference between -10% and +15% hammers is substantial, especially when we're building so many thanes that will never fight. The critical 2 exp we lose from apprenticeship will come back if/when we finish the Titan.

I founded a new city south of the Calabim capital as well. For now it's named Samuel Adams because that was the first alcohol that came to mind, but it's fine if someone wants to rename it. It's at the spot NE of the rice.

Plako's Luchiurp golden age has now ended. His MFG is still pretty good but no longer insane.

That all sounds good. smile

I should be around for most of the day so I can sit in on the turn whenever you and Mardoc are ready to play.
fnord

(October 13th, 2012, 10:18)Thoth Wrote: That all sounds good. smile

I should be around for most of the day so I can sit in on the turn whenever you and Mardoc are ready to play.

I might maybe manage to have time in about 10 hours. Go ahead and play without me if you two get the chance, therefore. The only think that's vital - a shocking error, really...is that we have a Calabim city named after a beer. wink. It must be changed!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 13th, 2012, 10:27)Mardoc Wrote: The only think that's vital - a shocking error, really...is that we have a Calabim city named after a beer. wink. It must be changed!

eek That's horrible.

We'll fix it asap.

:D
fnord

Hooray, Ellimist! The game is moving again, and it's mostly because of you smile. Should be around tonight around 9-10 pm Central, to play the turn, if you guys are willing to wait for me to join you.

I see it's rolled...but no civ on this machine means I don't know...is Titan ours?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Yay for game moving again!

Way to go Ellimist! smile

Mardoc: I logged into the game as the Calabim to check on FotT.
fnord