As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Quote:Mithril is not a game-winning advantage.

It is if you get it fast enough.

Quote: Pure strength, without collateral or summons, is how Team Centaur lost PBEM 21.

Umm. No offense intended Mardoc, but that wasn't the reason you guys fell from top spot in 21. It was your lack of focus. Both techwise (chasing too many shinies) and war-wise (finish one foe before going after a second whenever possible).

Quote: We need some strong units, but I nominate Iron Ogres and Paladins/Eidolons for the role. Mithril's also probably not worth a Tower - 536 hammers is a lot. I could maybe see a case for getting Feudalism/Fanaticism this way, though. Or the Druids tech. Or Vampire Lords. Or maybe even up to Archmagi, depending on how well our shamans shape up.

One ToD on Fued while we tech to IW, then a second on Mithril while we continue to build to critical mass of Vamps/Ogres/Ritualist/High xp Shamans and tech to Sorcery might work well if we can find the hammers. 536 hammers is 6 3/4 iron chariots or 4 and a bit Vampires. even more important is the turn cost: Building a ToD requires a lot of turns from a hammer city (turns that could be spent building war toys right now) plus a tech that we don't really need. Spirit is the best of the Div manas for the most part, and we already have access to that. Life Mana is very handy vs the undead, but Poisons isn't all that expensive. innocent
fnord

Well, that was three in a row.

So I might as well go for the full Rego and make it four in a row.

:D
fnord

:rotfl:

Just checked the stats page.

Oh dear. I wasn't paying enough attention to the login screen last night and forgot that civ conveniently puts the name of the last leader name you played as your login name rather than the name you last used to login to the game.

So now we're "Team OCC AW Varn". lol

Ooopsie.
fnord

(October 24th, 2012, 19:33)Thoth Wrote: :rotfl:

Just checked the stats page.

Oh dear. I wasn't paying enough attention to the login screen last night and forgot that civ conveniently puts the name of the last leader name you played as your login name rather than the name you last used to login to the game.

So now we're "Team OCC AW Varn". lol

Ooopsie.
Don't worry about it Rego. We'll fix it tonight when Amelia finishes his turn.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

(October 24th, 2012, 19:27)Thoth Wrote: Umm. No offense intended Mardoc, but that wasn't the reason you guys fell from top spot in 21. It was your lack of focus. Both techwise (chasing too many shinies) and war-wise (finish one foe before going after a second whenever possible).
Perhaps I'm overstating my case. We lost the game because of chasing high Str units primarily. And because we only actually finished one war. And because we caused our own dogpile. And more focus on cool stuff than effective stuff. And no collateral. And...

But the lack of high mobility units and collateral was certainly a nasty symptom! smile.

Quote:Don't worry about it Rego. We'll fix it tonight when Amelia finishes his turn.

lol
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 24th, 2012, 19:59)Ellimist Wrote: Don't worry about it Rego. We'll fix it tonight when Amelia finishes his turn.

neenerneener neenerneener neenerneener
fnord

Quote:Mithril is not a game-winning advantage. Pure strength, without collateral or summons, is how Team Centaur lost PBEM 21. We need some strong units, but I nominate Iron Ogres and Paladins/Eidolons for the role. Mithril's also probably not worth a Tower - 536 hammers is a lot. I could maybe see a case for getting Feudalism/Fanaticism this way, though. Or the Druids tech. Or Vampire Lords. Or maybe even up to Archmagi, depending on how well our shamans shape up.

I keep forgetting that Mithril is cheaper to research in EITB. Either way, SoKs can make a ToD a lot easier to build quickly.
Strength 8 units.

15 hammers each.

Lots of cities.

Summons won't do very much if we send a stack of 150 axemen plus support units.

Will you be available tonight? I'm online on gmail.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

(October 24th, 2012, 20:44)Ellimist Wrote:
Quote:Mithril is not a game-winning advantage. Pure strength, without collateral or summons, is how Team Centaur lost PBEM 21. We need some strong units, but I nominate Iron Ogres and Paladins/Eidolons for the role. Mithril's also probably not worth a Tower - 536 hammers is a lot. I could maybe see a case for getting Feudalism/Fanaticism this way, though. Or the Druids tech. Or Vampire Lords. Or maybe even up to Archmagi, depending on how well our shamans shape up.

I keep forgetting that Mithril is cheaper to research in EITB. Either way, SoKs can make a ToD a lot easier to build quickly.
Strength 8 units.

15 hammers each.

Lots of cities.

Summons won't do very much if we send a stack of 150 axemen plus support units.

Like Mithril Vamps (with summons of their own sans Arcane Lacuna) and a few dozen Ogres and whatever Chariots we can muster? :D

I'd really like some Ritualists to go with that lot as well. Preferably without paying the happy penalty as a non-founder. wink

Quote:Will you be available tonight? I'm online on gmail.

I'm about off to bed. I'll be on evenings starting next week so I should line up with your and Mardoc's schedules a bit better for the next two weeks.
fnord

(October 24th, 2012, 20:50)Thoth Wrote: I'm about off to bed. I'll be on evenings starting next week so I should line up with your and Mardoc's schedules a bit better for the next two weeks.

Ellimist's maybe. I'm about for bed myself now. Still, we got more discussion in today that we have in a while thumbsup

Next step is starting to do turn reports again!
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(October 24th, 2012, 21:26)Mardoc Wrote: Ellimist's maybe. I'm about for bed myself now. Still, we got more discussion in today that we have in a while thumbsup

Next step is starting to do turn reports again!
I see the turn came in fairly late last night. If it's not been played yet, I should be able to help out tonight.

Should be around tonight, about 8 hours from now. I think I'll even try to do a turn report, whether or not I help play eek Those always help me gather my thoughts. If not tonight, then definitely I should manage to do one over the weekend.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker