As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(October 25th, 2012, 11:19)Mardoc Wrote: I see the turn came in fairly late last night. If it's not been played yet, I should be able to help out tonight.

Should be around tonight, about 8 hours from now. I think I'll even try to do a turn report, whether or not I help play eek Those always help me gather my thoughts. If not tonight, then definitely I should manage to do one over the weekend.
I can be available any time that's convenient for you.

Send me an email or post something here when you're ready.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Cool. I'm around for the next few hours so we should be able to hog the game for a couple of hours play the turn together.
fnord

(October 25th, 2012, 16:00)Ellimist Wrote: I can be available any time that's convenient for you.

Send me an email or post something here when you're ready.

(October 25th, 2012, 16:10)Thoth Wrote: Cool. I'm around for the next few hours so we should be able to hog the game for a couple of hours play the turn together.

Still about 3-3.5 hours before the earliest I can be around. Not sure that really qualifies as 'few'. Ellimist - if you have to pick between Thoth's input and mine for worker movement due to our schedules, I hope you make the right choice wink. hint...not me! Won't hurt my feelings any.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Well I'm online on gmail now, and ready to start whenever one of you is ready.

EDIT: NM I see that Thoth is already online... logging in now
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Hey Mardoc!

If you're around, Ellimist and I are in game and we're wondering about what happens in a Tolerated Barb city.

Any notion? or perhaps some WB tests for the good of the team?

smile
fnord

(October 25th, 2012, 19:48)Thoth Wrote: Hey Mardoc!

If you're around, Ellimist and I are in game and we're wondering about what happens in a Tolerated Barb city.

smile

Nice timing - I was just finishing dinner and starting to think about this one. I'll run a WB test, then hop in the game.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sweet. jive
fnord

Awesome time playing the turn with you guys tonight. smile

Who needs GChat when you can hang out in an actual game of civ and chat? :D
fnord

one last thought.....

while I've been busy being paranoid over Lurichip power spikes, we've managed a serious post count spike and our own power is busy spiking.

and we spent 3 hours in game tonight.

lol

That should hopefully fuel some paranoia amongst our foes. :D
fnord

(October 25th, 2012, 19:48)Thoth Wrote: Hey Mardoc!

smile

What's the answer, btw?
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.