As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

spoilers: this aint no cakewalk, its a musicalcatwalk; pacal of inca

theres only asparagus on the islands. i sent the galley back to pick up workers judging it saved time in the long run. when it drops them off it will continue to scout out the islands and maybe the other continent. ill build another galley or 2 to ferry the next settlers and workers. might grow on some military. must check if taoism has fallen yet

thestick has found us as there was a request for open borders to be accepted. oh go on then

grizabella founded this turn [filler south of macavity]. jennyanydots [iron site north of bustopher] will be settled in next 2 turns. settler queued in old deut as courthouse completes at end of turn

at our current tech rate of 50% taoism [philosophy] can be landed in 12 more turns. but christianity [theology] can be landed in 4 more turns. should we go for it? have queued it up so let me know before next turn if i need to change it.

oh theres a clam only island east of bustopher. will spot it for griddlebone next turn.

eps at end of turn:

shoot: 67:127 [1 per turn]
sian: 75:139 [3 per turn]
mackoti: 16:29 [3 per turn]
thestick: 1:3 [3 per turn]

Theology only requires 50% more beakers, why would it take 3x as long? How much do you have invested in each? Do you have a religion in any of your cities? The benefit of having your own religion is very minor, it pretty much only affects shrines. As long as the religion you join doesn't belong to a runaway player it may even be an advantage for sake of relations, as you will be enhancing his shrine. Most of the time, a religion used by only a single player will not justify a shrine.

hi cat. what do you mean my "theology only requires 50% more beakers"? 50% more than what? not invested any time in either religion and i think my last post is actually confusing

civil service completes at end of next turn

so taoism needs:

aesthetics [2 turns] drama [2 turns] and philosophy [5 turns] total 9 turns [i may have thrown literature in by accident]

and christianity needs:

theology [3 turns] which ive queued next

my cities do not have a religion. sian founded confucianism but it hasn't spread to me yet. mackoti founded hinduism. nakor fouinded buddhism and has spread it to thestick. judaism is founded but no idea where. and shoot like us doesn't have a religion. so do i go for the quicker one? i.e. christianity as it should appear in either grizzabella or jennyanydots as they are the last to be founded before the religion

also do we revolt to hereditary rule bureaucracy and organised religion in one go [assuming we do not need a religion to do the last one]?

Ah, didn't know that other techs were needed for Philosophy. Theology could be alluring if you want to pair it with a grab for the religious wonders (Apostolic Palace, Spiral Minaret, University of Sankore). What other short-term tech priorities do you have? I'd revolt to Organized religion, yeah. It's useful to be able to start building missionaries right away without monasteries.

ok so we go for theology. cool. erm wait until its in before revolting? or revolt while teching? probably better the former so we at least land it haha

regarding other techs how about getting all the crappy ones we skipped earlier?

umm id better go play the turn now. update laters

*edit oh yeah what is the point of the apostolic palace as we cant go for the cheesy vote win? apart from the game points and the great person points that is

I'm afraid I don't have much overview of the tech situation, so toss me some suggestions smile The point of AP is to get +2 hammers from all your religious buildings. Add +2 gold to that from Spiral Minaret and monasteries + temples start looking really good. I would revolt now, Bureau gives big bonuses.

well weve skipped archery horse-back riding meditation and priesthood

turn played and marbles on the network. thatll help with building the hagia sophia damn didnt read your post while i was playing the turn. theology actually will take 2 turns so well triple revolt next time haha

wow skimbleshanks is already size 5! have switched a lake and the wet corn around with rumpleteazer

heres some pics

the empire in 3 parts:

[Image: turn88north0000.jpg]
[Image: turn88south0000.jpg]
[Image: turn88east0000.jpg]

might want optics for griddlebone

[Image: turn88demos0000.jpg]

[Image: turn88ratio0000.jpg]

Good job on the demos, there are some slight improvements. Keep trying to tweak your economy at every turn, you need every asset you can grab if you are to keep up. Try to focus on growing your cities to their cap, be reluctant to whip unless what you're whipping gives substantial benefits immediately and you're already at your happy cap. For example, you don't want to whip a library in a size 6 city with happy cap of 9, food surplus of +2 and 20-25 commerce. You do want to whip a library in a size 9 city with a happy cap of 9, food surplus of +5 and 40-50 commerce. In particular, try to avoid whipping in low food cities as food is much more precious there. And in high food cities, try to keep them at or very close to their happy cap before whipping.

I built Hagia Sophia in 37 and rather like it (1t roads are sweet), but general opinion seems to be that it sucks. If you can grab both AP and HS go for it, but AP is probably the stronger choice. Also, doesn't HS require Stone to double production? Which reminds me, how is your GP situation? Did you make a plan yet? :P

copy&paste from CivFanatics:

The Hagia Sophia
Cost: 550 (Double Production Speed w/ Marble)
Culture: 8
Great People Points: 2
Requires: Theology
Expires: Steam Power

and we have marble haha

whereas

The Spiral Minaret
Cost: 550 (Double Production Speed w/ Stone)
Culture: 8
Great People Points: 2
Requires: Divine Right
Expires: Computers

we are way off getting divine right i think

probably build both apostolic palace and hagia sophia in macavity* and generate great person points there - even split between great prophet and great engineer chance with those 2 wonders isnt too bad eh?

*less hammer potential than bombalurina but has higher happy cap and therefore population and not on frontline wth either sian shoot or coast

will probably bulb shrine with first great prophet unless were in position to get philosophy or divine right as next tech and use next to fuel a golden age unless we havent already got the shrine etc etc etc haha

so do we go back to pick up the 1-turn-techs after theology?