As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Not sure whether you intend to have the fort run for a while - it's easy to dig straight to the bottom without worrying about sustainability if the goal is just to breach hell. My original idea was to do that on top of a human settlement Diablo style.

but either way the dwarves could be named after lurkers tongue

(November 25th, 2012, 05:51)uberfish Wrote: but either way the dwarves could be named after lurkers tongue

... is there a "glorious" and firey death on offer? The new Xcom seems a little light on the deaths so I'm looking for a new game for people to use to kill my avatars off lol wink
...wounding her only makes her more dangerous! nono -- haphazard1
It's More Fun to be Jack of All Trades than Master of One.

(November 25th, 2012, 06:08)pling Wrote:
(November 25th, 2012, 05:51)uberfish Wrote: but either way the dwarves could be named after lurkers tongue
... is there a "glorious" and firey death on offer?

given what we plan to do, one is quite likely.

(November 25th, 2012, 06:13)uberfish Wrote:
(November 25th, 2012, 06:08)pling Wrote:
... is there a "glorious" and firey death on offer?

given what we plan to do, one is quite likely.

Cannon Fodder Cyneheard, reporting for duty.

Engineer/Doctor/Combat Engineer Tasunke reporting for duty :P

what sort of engineer/ doctor jobs are available? I'm guessing Doctor is a possibility, is engineer? and what would that entail.

(November 25th, 2012, 05:51)uberfish Wrote: Not sure whether you intend to have the fort run for a while - it's easy to dig straight to the bottom without worrying about sustainability if the goal is just to breach hell. My original idea was to do that on top of a human settlement Diablo style.
Well, last time I dug too deep I encountered Hidden Fun Stuff in the 2nd cavern layer, which took ages to clear out before I could get to my adamantium.
So the plan is to have a small sized sustainable fortress, nothing big, before attempting madness.

Also you cannot dig directly on top of a human settlement or even existing goblin, dwarven or elvish sites (even though they are not visible in this release). Those site will occupy a region in the world map that is not available for embark. Next to one is possible, although one has to look out for spots without aquifers.

(November 25th, 2012, 04:43)Jkaen Wrote: Can you give us details of what 4 dwarves you have left please?
(November 25th, 2012, 12:53)Tasunke Wrote: Engineer/Doctor/Combat Engineer Tasunke reporting for duty :P

what sort of engineer/ doctor jobs are available? I'm guessing Doctor is a possibility, is engineer? and what would that entail.

I have 4 dwarves left and assigned three of them to lurkers. Since migrants will appear at some point more lurkers are welcome to sign up.
Tasunke, I put you as the miner. Its the closest to an engineer we have at the moment. There is a siege engineer skill, but I don't foresee constructing siege engines in this fort. There is also a variety of medical professions, but none of our dwarves has any skills in it, nor do we have a sickbay set up.

Pling, you are the fisher dwarf, since you have a penguin as your avatar! smile

Tasunke, you will be the woodcutter / carpenter for now, giving you the bronze axe, which is the closest we have to a fighter.

[Image: 132slate17dwarves1.png]

I also have the expedition leader available, Sarvesh, but he is very unhappy, and I am not sure he will recover.
[Image: 132slate17dwarves2.png]

He was friends with the dead hunter and the dead miner, hence the unhappiness. He is also friends with Tasunke.
Tasunke and Pling are also friends whereas Tasunke and Cyneheard hold a grudge against each other.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

y132: Summer has arrived.

Sarvesh seems to slowly recover from the grief.
We are almost done with the improvised wall against outside beasts.
What little workshops we have is still located outside in the courtyard, together with the stockpiles of stones and wood.
Also our three dead remain unburied as of today.
[Image: 132summer1.png]

Tasunke had a chance to improve his mining skills by digging out some tunnels finding us a suitable underground farm spot. Also some basic rooms have been dug out and beds have been created.

The next targets are to plant the plump helmet spawns we brought with us in the underground farm, to get a basic food and booze industry going.
Improve the rooms with furniture and assign the rooms to the dwarves.
Dig out underground areas for stockpiles and workshops.
Plan The Great Hall for eating and quaffing.

mh
---

I also trying out the DF map archive. I have uploaded the fortress there, for all to better explore it. The view can be zoomed in and out, levels can be changed by ScrollUp/Down.
Fortress name is Hammerblood.

I only exported the layers of interest.

If lurkers find this interesting, I will try to update this regularly.

mh
---

You can farm underground? Don't plants need uh, sunlight? lol

(November 25th, 2012, 15:20)NobleHelium Wrote: You can farm underground? Don't plants need uh, sunlight? lol

Yes, normal plants need sunlight. Dwarven crops must not be exposed to sunlight.
Here is a list of crops currently in DF.

mh
---