As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

(November 25th, 2012, 14:14)mostly_harmless Wrote: Also you cannot dig directly on top of a human settlement or even existing goblin, dwarven or elvish sites (even though they are not visible in this release). Those site will occupy a region in the world map that is not available for embark. Next to one is possible, although one has to look out for spots without aquifers.

Yeah you have to use the hack tool to do that.

y132: Autumn.

Three migrants have arrived. A married couple and their soap maker friend. They brought two baby alpacas with them.
Also I had to urgently bury the dead, as their ghosts started to haunt the site.

Everybody has a room now, the married couple sharing one obviously.
Sarvesh, the expedition leader has been assigned the roles of manager and bookkeeper as well. The most of the time he sits on his chair in his room brooding over numbers these days.
Putting the industry underground is a slow going process with just one miner.

Out entrance is now "secured" by a single stone fall trap and the dogs have been trained as war dogs.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

y132: Winter.

Three more migrants have arrived. Another couple among them. Which is nice, as they can share a room.
All the industry is now inside. Larger stockpiles have been set up.
A small dining room is in place, so the dwarves don't have to eat in their workshops or beds.
The dwarven caravan came, but I deliberately did not build a trade depot (yet). I want to be self sustainable.
The dogs breed nicely. Only the pigs are a bit slow in multiplying.
We have enough booze but not enough meat. I think I have to slaughter the horse or the yak soon.

I also dug deeper, revealing more metals. Aside form the native copper we have in abundance, Tasunke found us, sphalerite (an ore of zinc for brass alloy) and more importantly cassiterite for tin which can be used to create bronze. He also found native gold!

mh
---

And shortly after we struck hematite (iron!) and while following that seam, a large underground cavern is breached. Tons of hematite and gold, underground trees, cobwebs, etc.

mh
---

I have never really delved deep in this game. Does cobwebs mean big things that make them?

I want to be a dwarf too.

(November 26th, 2012, 08:15)Jkaen Wrote: I have never really delved deep in this game. Does cobwebs mean big things that make them?
Yes. Giant Cave Spiders for example. but so far I can only see the webs. Might be old stuff.

(November 26th, 2012, 08:20)Ichabod Wrote: I want to be a dwarf too.
Here you go.
[Image: 132winter1.png]

There are still unassigned dwarves for lurkers!

mh
---

y133: Spring.

The cavern is being harvested for wood and hematite ore.
Wood is turned into charcoal and charcoal used to smelt the hematite into iron.
We have not found any flux stone, so we cannot currently think about steel.
But some additional iron tools will help, too.
Booze and food supplies are stable.
Quarters are getting improved.
We have no military whatsoever. Only a bunch of war dogs, which luckily reproduce.

Once iron is available, I will create some weapons and armour to "sell" to future adventurers.
We will also send Tasunke to dig deeper soon!

mh
---

I will happily take a dwarf too

Brian Shanahan signing up for duty.

T'dr duzk bhazg t't!
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.