As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(November 24th, 2012, 03:41)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Oh sorry, it sounded like you were debating orcs vs. vamps because the distance maintenance would be less with courthouses, not simply being closer. Doh

*tiny voice* all this wouldn't have happened if you posted more pics

Do you think you have a chance fending them off atm?

There were a few factors involved, but the majority of them favor the vampires. I actually think those island cities could end up becoming quite powerful, but of course we need to get a look at the sites to know for sure.

I'm not sure what you mean by "have a chance fending them off." I don't think we're a likely invasion target in the near future, and our current military is adequate if we are. Thoth may be a bit more paranoid than I am, though.

(November 24th, 2012, 12:07)Thoth Wrote: Turn done. Guild of Mercenaries completed in Ithralia.

I think I've got most of the hiccups in our logistics sorted out (or at least they will be over the next couple of turns)

Changes: To workers: many, but I think I signed everything we should be doing t97

Builds: Dialed up a 2t Thane in Reisling to pop borders in Calabim Silk city. It'll get the borders out 6t faster than a Monument and only delays the Lib by one turn. We need that border pop in order to chain irrigate to our latest Calabim city. We'll have the road connection done t98 along with the border pop and enough workers nearby.

Sounds good. Do we want to delay the Calabim research until the library is complete, or turn it on next turn when we have the academy?

(November 24th, 2012, 12:07)Thoth Wrote: Military: I've consolidated our Eastern raiding forces a bit. With two WRs, two mob1 axes and a mob1/c1 Moroi we aren't going to be taking any cities....but we can do a bit of raiding or deny them the Rice. I'm not sure if the Clowns have a Brewery yet or not but they're exporting Rice to the Gnomes who are exporting Ale to the Illians. I really want to disrupt theses guys gameplans as much as possible ASAP. We've got a solid hammer advantage and a growing crop yield/pop advantage. Let's use some of that to slow down Dako while we tech up to Fued/IW.

I'd really like a dozen or so wolfriders to go and raid the Lurichip once we've finished distracting/harrassing them down south in Clownlands. hammer

That sounds good, but I would prefer to use the wolf riders we already have over there to map out the border region. If we're going to do hit and run pillaging, let's find out where the targets for pillaging are.

(November 24th, 2012, 12:07)Thoth Wrote: One medium sized glitch: After moving the Elohim workers and checking city micro, I zoomed out and tried to hit the "show units" toggle. And missed and hit eot instead. banghead It's not as huge as it might be, all our wounded units will heal this turn. But it still sucks as there were a few scouts that needed relocating.

alright

When I read that, my first thought was that it delayed the academy by a turn. But then I see that the sage did move and he'll arrive on time. Also, our Elohim workers did what they were supposed to do, so there's no loss there. Mostly we just lose a minor bit of scouting and some wounded units might spend a turn healing outside of a city.

At least you didn't accidentally pillage anything!

(November 24th, 2012, 12:07)Thoth Wrote: So next time I get up on my high horse and start bitching about sloppy moves....tell me to STFU and go look in a mirror.

I didn't join a team with players better than myself because I wanted them to restrict themselves to my skill level, so don't worry about any of that.

I know my gameplay has room for improvement, so feel free to let me know how to do it.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Oh I meant the luchuirp (+friends).
somewhere recently you mentioned being their first target, and I was wondering how confident you felt.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(November 24th, 2012, 23:07)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Oh I meant the luchuirp (+friends).
somewhere recently you mentioned being their first target, and I was wondering how confident you felt.

Ah. Well I guess I'm pretty confident. Thoth is worried about the luchurip power graph, but as far as I know they don't have sorcery yet and I don't see them attacking until they get their Keelyn machine online.

Once they are ready to attack, we're probably the best developed of their rivals. That may cause them to target us, but maybe not.

Either way, we're not that far away from vampires and we're already getting some other war toys online.
Active in:

I've had a quick look at t98 and moved some of the Calabim workers and used up a couple of Orc ToKs.

We're up to 7 griffons. jive (this is getting a little nuts. lol)

With the Academy in place we can 2t Sailing with the Elohim and Calabim at breakeven. Once Sailing is in we spend our gold at +40% double pre-req to knock out a 2t Trade.

So, Sailing in at eot 99 (we may be able to do it before Orc beakers on t99). We can complete a chop into the galley on t100 allowing a cheap rush buy on t101. Which dovetails nicely with our settler completion and lets us march the warrior pair currently in production in Coors north in time to catch the boat as well. :D
fnord

(November 26th, 2012, 09:15)Thoth Wrote: I've had a quick look at t98 and moved some of the Calabim workers and used up a couple of Orc ToKs.

I may be home a bit earlier than usual tonight. At least, that's the plan.

(November 26th, 2012, 09:15)Thoth Wrote: We're up to 7 griffons. jive (this is getting a little nuts. lol)

It's also significant that all the griffons are CHA. Let's put some to work terrorizing the lurichuiup. We should be untouchable until they get their own griffons or fireballs.

(November 26th, 2012, 09:15)Thoth Wrote: With the Academy in place we can 2t Sailing with the Elohim and Calabim at breakeven. Once Sailing is in we spend our gold at +40% double pre-req to knock out a 2t Trade.

So, Sailing in at eot 99 (we may be able to do it before Orc beakers on t99). We can complete a chop into the galley on t100 allowing a cheap rush buy on t101. Which dovetails nicely with our settler completion and lets us march the warrior pair currently in production in Coors north in time to catch the boat as well. :D

Right now, the Calabim are doing about 140 bpt at breakeven and the Elohim about 70. I'm not sure how many beakers we still need for sailing, but we definitely want to finish it without the clan beakers if we can.

It's a little bit further in the future, but I'd also like to plan on adopting consumption asap with the orcs once currency is in. It will be worth a LOT of gold, and instantly flips the orcs into becoming a commerce powerhouse. It's probably worthwhile even if we do get some unhappiness from the swap, but we can plan ahead to mitigate it.
Active in:

Remember Luchurip workers defend, much easier to harass other nations
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

I should actually be around tonight too! In 5-6 hours from now.

(November 26th, 2012, 15:25)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Remember Luchurip workers defend, much easier to harass other nations

Yes. But less profit in it - Luch are the ones ahead of us.

Besides, we might get some XP if we kill mud golems.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Yeah but luchuirp allies might be move vulnerable.

Pics?

(November 27th, 2012, 00:17)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Pics?

Pics? We haven't posted any in at least three pages. If we start now we'll never win the coveted "Worst Semi-regularly Updated Spoiler Thread to Lurk" award. tongue

Walls of text that continue conversations that started ingame and make little sense to anyone else other than Mardoc, Ellimist and myself are the order of the day here. hammer

(November 27th, 2012, 00:17)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Yeah but luchuirp allies might be move vulnerable.

Umm. I mean no offense here. smile

But if you are globally spoiled, then a couple of your recent posts go a bit further than a globally spoiled lurker should go. Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but if you aren't unspoiled other than this thread then you have information we don't have access to and don't want unless we figure it out in game. smile

As a rule of thumb, Spoiled Lurkers should limit themselves to:

Answering directly asked game mechanics questions.
Whinging about the lack of updates/pics/quality of updates.
Participating in thread-spam games.
Armchair quarterbacking in the Lurker Spoiler thread. wink

Questions about specific in game circumstances should be thought about carefully before posting to avoid possible spoilers for the players. (when in doubt ask in the Lurker thread first. smile ).
fnord

I've had a weird sleep schedule lately, so I was still awake when the turn came in late.

I moved a wolf rider to the coast to keep a watch out for griffons and dangerous sea animals, so we have some better info about our coastline now:

So that's 3 sources of 2 new luxuries, and we haven't even revealed any land tiles yet. Before finishing sailing, I also checked and none of our opponents have sailing yet.

Another nice thing about having a unit so close was that it let me fogread the island pretty well using goto-orders. Here's what I could tell:

It's hard to be 100% certain of the more distant tiles. but that's a good amount of land out there. I'd say we definitely have room for two cities, but probably not three.
Active in: