As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Always willing to die for a good cause. Signing up for duty!
On average, everybody thinks they are above average.

You all know, that this fort is purely for the purpose of digging too deep and unleashing whatever awaits down there unto the world, for Uberfish to kill! smile
But I will sign you all up.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

I too would like to be a dwarf.

M_H, why is this elaborate of a fortress necessary again? Can't like 1 dwarf just dig down and do nothing else?

And, I see in the DF wiki there are several semi-scripted encounters a fortress tends to hit. Will you encounter those too, or somehow bypass them?

Ha! This is not really elaborate. wink

Yes, in theory you could attempt to just dig down.
I have only limited experience with "too deep", but the occurrences I played through, that one dwarf would not have a chance in hell (hah!) too reach, well ... hell.
There are encounters, yes, not all with happen always, I think.

But, ok, the next time I log in, I will dig deep and see what awaits. If it is easy we will just do that and get back to adventuring. (I am not even sure it works the way we intended, i.e. and adventurer encountering the bane of this fortress.)

But I definitely plan to do a proper fortress on this map as well, if people are interested

mh
---

I like to read about the fort and, in my opinion, if you are going to unleash hell on DF land, it'll be nicer if the dwarves burning are the ones you made a connection with (++ for memebers of the community, lol) rather then some mining brainless dwarven zombies.

(November 26th, 2012, 12:41)Ichabod Wrote: I like to read about the fort and, in my opinion, if you are going to unleash hell on DF land, it'll be nicer if the dwarves burning are the ones you made a connection with (++ for memebers of the community, lol) rather then some mining brainless dwarven zombies.

Remember we have necros... they could be both!

Dwarf (Tasunke)

Traits: active imagination, chaos and disorder .... XD

(November 26th, 2012, 12:50)uberfish Wrote:
(November 26th, 2012, 12:41)Ichabod Wrote: I like to read about the fort and, in my opinion, if you are going to unleash hell on DF land, it'll be nicer if the dwarves burning are the ones you made a connection with (++ for memebers of the community, lol) rather then some mining brainless dwarven zombies.

Remember we have necros... they could be both!

Yes, you could be Ichabod revived left 3rd toe. smile
Uberfish managed to clutter up the historical characters list with hundreds of revived body parts and zombies! smile

I will dig down and see what happens. After all, it might not be as easy.

mh
---

these personalities are randomly generated right? :P

(November 26th, 2012, 13:14)Tasunke Wrote: these personalities are randomly generated right? :P

Yes, they are.

mh
---