As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Here are your dwarves:
[Image: 133spring1.png]

Some of you are female. In game terms there is only one difference between the sexes, which is that the females occasionally give birth.
Sunrise, you are female and married. But your husband has not followed you to this fort (yet).
However, Goden the ranger is your niece and she is here, and still claimable by a lurker.
Goden is married to Brackard!
And Brian Shanahan is the niece of Goden and married to Jkaen.

Got all that? smile

While the first 7 dwarves are I think randomly generated new characters, any migrants are historical characters with extensive families.

Also the actual ingame description of a character looks like this:
This is for Jkaen (note that the given nickname is not displayed in this particular screen, the family name fits though.)
[Image: 133springjkaen.png]

His preferences and dislikes are important as they influence happy and unhappy thoughts. Unhappy dwarves can become a danger to a fort. A "Tantrum Spiral" is what you want to avoid!

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

So, Tasunke found a second cavern even deeper. He was extremely lucky not to fall as he basically breached the cavern ceiling while digging down.
Bypassing the drop and the second cavern flow, he dug even deeper until he reached an area of warm stone! Finding this somewhat suspicious, he stopped digging.

mh
---

Brian Shanahan! Congratulation! Its a girl!

You carry her around while forging three additional iron picks!

smile

mh
---

(November 26th, 2012, 12:06)mostly_harmless Wrote: You all know, that this fort is purely for the purpose of digging too deep and unleashing whatever awaits down there unto the world, for Uberfish to kill! smile
But I will sign you all up.

mh

Don't worry I took a job with UU as a gardener for a while after Modo died. Anything coming up out of the depths will be a cakewalk compared to what those wizards cook up between elevenses and brunch.tongue

P.S. All dwarfs are known as "he", except (sometimes) to their loved one.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Having just finihsed the American Thanksgiving, it's about time for some more family strife. Brian, you behave now or I'll have to come over there and wallop you!

I'm assuming that Goden's niece would be my niece as well, considering we're oh, married? :P
On average, everybody thinks they are above average.

What's the natural lifespan of a dwarf in this game? Jkaen is already 70...

(November 26th, 2012, 18:35)NobleHelium Wrote: What's the natural lifespan of a dwarf in this game?

Unattested. No dwarf has survived long enough to die of old age.

So, any dwarf spots left?

Hi,

(November 26th, 2012, 08:52)mostly_harmless Wrote: There are still unassigned dwarves for lurkers!

Okay, sign me up. :-) My left-footed soccer defender alter ego never became famous, so maybe my dwarven alter ego manages to release the terror of the depths or something...

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

(November 27th, 2012, 03:43)Kylearan Wrote: My left-footed soccer defender alter ego never became famous.

that's because he was splitting time with my left-footed soccer defender alter ego. [unison]We are all individuals, we are all different![/unison]

[EDIT: Fixed the quote.]