As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 41 Setup and Tech Thread

Just sent off this email:

Quote:Hey Sian and Mackoti's cousin,

I'm not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but there's currently a discussion going on in the PBEM 41 setup thread (http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...88&page=15) about how to get this game going at a decent (one turn per day) pace again. Everyone but you two has chimed in so far, so if you guys could hop over there so that we can make sure everyone has seen it and is on board with it that would be great.

Best,
Shoot

I know there's a current thread looking for a replacement for Mackoti's cousin already (which is probably smart to get that ball rolling) but I figured I'd at least send it to him as well.

(November 28th, 2012, 22:15)Shoot the Moon Wrote: Just sent off this email:

Quote:Hey Sian and Mackoti's cousin,

I'm not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but there's currently a discussion going on in the PBEM 41 setup thread (http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthrea...88&page=15) about how to get this game going at a decent (one turn per day) pace again. Everyone but you two has chimed in so far, so if you guys could hop over there so that we can make sure everyone has seen it and is on board with it that would be great.

Best,
Shoot

I know there's a current thread looking for a replacement for Mackoti's cousin already (which is probably smart to get that ball rolling) but I figured I'd at least send it to him as well.

I talk with my cousin today, he is not return to play.In case of Pbem 41 I could play a turn a day(if you dont find a seriuos sub),I cheked the save and seen Mids were buld..crazyeye.I must overestimated how good my cousin its.

(November 29th, 2012, 11:30)mackoti Wrote: I talk with my cousin today, he is not return to play.In case of Pbem 41 I could play a turn a day(if you dont find a seriuos sub),I cheked the save and seen Mids were buld..crazyeye.I must overestimated how good my cousin its.

We've had a couple people step up to sub, but I think the question would be if you want to play or not. If you want to play I'd say you have first shot since you signed up for the game originally, but obviously if you'd prefer not to we have subs lined up.

Does Nakor play near the beginning or end of his 0500 - 1600 GMT slot?
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Nakor plays either at the beginning or at the end, depending on when the save comes in. In between is my workday, so I can't usually play in the middle.

I vote for Adhoc subbing for Mackoti.

Sian? Sian? Sian?

I prefer someone else to sub,but you dont consider him good enough or realible i can do it.

been craptasticly busy lately ... but if the game otherwise get up to a reasonable pace (the issues with Pyramids caused a drop in my interest which weren't helped by that drop in interest making me fail a couple of spot checks) i should be able to get back into a pace again

(November 30th, 2012, 11:44)Sian Wrote: been craptasticly busy lately ... but if the game otherwise get up to a reasonable pace (the issues with Pyramids caused a drop in my interest which weren't helped by that drop in interest making me fail a couple of spot checks) i should be able to get back into a pace again

Sounds good, hope your other stuff settles down. We should have ad hoc taking over for mackoti's cousin, so the turn should get rolling again soon hopefully.

Who's hosting the tracker for this game (Mist?). Once ad hoc lets us know his email we should switch that up. Until then Nakor should just email it directly to him.

(November 30th, 2012, 14:12)Shoot the Moon Wrote:
(November 30th, 2012, 11:44)Sian Wrote: been craptasticly busy lately ... but if the game otherwise get up to a reasonable pace (the issues with Pyramids caused a drop in my interest which weren't helped by that drop in interest making me fail a couple of spot checks) i should be able to get back into a pace again

Sounds good, hope your other stuff settles down. We should have ad hoc taking over for mackoti's cousin, so the turn should get rolling again soon hopefully.

Who's hosting the tracker for this game (Mist?). Once ad hoc lets us know his email we should switch that up. Until then Nakor should just email it directly to him.

its hosted at mist but he's awol, so i update the tracker file itself and the email and then send the tracker to novice, whom have ftp access to mistbinder.org

@Ad_hoc: Sian's email is sianist at gmail dot com. He goes after you in the turn order.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.