As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(December 10th, 2012, 12:15)Commodore Wrote: No love for Chm vampires?

I am liking the idea of a Calabim settler to found the fur city in the far NE. Mardoc and I were noodling around the idea of grabbing Heron Throne in that city. It gains us access to furs (+2 happy with a Hunting lodge), lake crab and 5/6 lighthouseable lake tiles plus a couple of regular coast. It's on flatland and it would be a front city for the time being, so the extra defense from HT would be nice as well as the hammers on tiles that are quite good to work once we have some infra down. IIRC there are 4/5 forests that need to be cleared around that city. At 26 h a throw with marble and archery that's a solid chunk of the hammers we need for HT. Follow it up with a lighthouse and harbour and we've got a solid commerce site (that can build a phil library) and eventually a decent hammer city. 120h for a non-org GM is a pretty steep price, but it'll be worth it once we hit size 10 or so.

Currently no settlers or worker turns are allocated to that city. smile

We could build one in about 5/6 t in the Calabim's first expansion city (who's name I can't quite recall) once it finishes it's library, so on the board circa t110-112. I can find the worker turns to support that, but it means we'll need anothr moroi from either Champagne or the Gems city. I'd also like a Thane from both Champagne and Gems city soon. 1 to pop Eiswine's borders and one as a Medic.

It looks like the Clowns aren't coming any further at the moment:

[Image: 4mNag.jpg]

(screenshot is from after Plako/Dave played their turn)

So they're either just chasing away our sentries and getting a pair out for themselves or they want to either block us from settling that hill or they want to settle it themselves (options are not mutually exclusive)

If they do settle in that area, we may have the chance to add a Tolerated Clown city to the Elohim repetoire of tricks. We're pushing out 2t cats from Zin with thre on the board right now. By t115 we'll have Feud and another 6 cats in the area. Moroi--> Vampire upgrade is 80h, so 165g a throw. Once Riesling hits size 19 it can build 1t Moroi.

Orcs in GA will able to fully fund the Elohim and most if not all of the Calabim research. We'll also be able to throw down a lot of 2/3 turn Markets in Calabim and GA Orc cities once Festivals is in. I've honestly no idea what our actual gpt out of the Orcs will be post GA. lol But a lot better than it is now. 180-200gpt at a guess.

Figure with everyone at max gold, we can probably do 3 moroi--> vamps a turn circa t115 provided we have the moroi on hand. So including city built Vamps roughly 20-->25 by t120. Add in 10-12 cats, assorted Axemen, Wolf riders, Chariots and we've got the makings of a damn nice stack.

If we just build Vamps straight up we're looking around 5-10 Vamps on the board circa t120. More if we can nail Feud t113 or 114. Which we can do if we go straight there after Currency/Festivals/Cartography/Hunting/Arch.

Fully funded we should be able to start teching feud t109/110, counting Currency done sometime t106 and 3/4 t for the cheap backfill. Feud will be somewhere between 4-6 turns.

That's 16 t from now. That is plenty of time for the Clowns to tech out the Node techs, Sorcery and a couple of support techs. I think we get an Undercouncil election t 110 so assuming it's not a hung vote, they'll have either two or three GS's available to bulb AL. Which sets them up for t120 Archmages via a well timed ToD slingshot. They've been building Adepts for some time now. Arcane and Cha/Arcane adepts.

I'm hoping we'll slow them down a bit and maybe get them to spend some hammers on non-adept units or gold on mercenaries but we need to consider t120 Ice III Archmages as a very real possibility.
fnord

On reflection - not only should we pop the GA next turn, we really should have popped it a few turns back. Can't take a time machine, though, so we'll have to settle for using it next turn.

I'm torn on the civics question, which probably means it's a good idea to swap. Seems early to be abandoning Aristo, but the sooner we're into FT, the sooner we have Towns. Which benefit you seem to have counted at zero wink. I'm a bit surprised that our maintenance bill is quite that high, but if it outweighs all the worked farms, then Down With Crowns! At least orcish ones, I'd be surprised if there's value in swapping Calabim away from farms everywhere.

I disagree with your plans for Sherry, though.

Why the heck are we spending so heavily to get the marginal city site of Sherry launched so fast? Especially at such a critical time as right now, when Currency is just around the corner, and we've got our last chance to stake a peaceful(ish) claim to borderlands. You want to spend cash for a workboat and a galley (~50 hammers total), and build and transport a Thane (40 more) - are you certain that's the best use for our resources? Wouldn't you rather have Currency a turn early, or an extra catapult on the border? Or, heck, 2 extra workers on the border, or one extra worker and a settler, or...there's a lot of things we can do with a hundred hammer investment in our empire.

Sherry's safe until at least another team gets Sailing or Priesthood, most of its tiles are poor ones to work and will continue to be. Best we can get a coast tile to be is 2/1/3, post Iron Working and a lot of hammers. It's already serving its primary purpose, intercontinental trade routes; it'd give those a slight boost if it were bigger, true, but that won't happen until it's size 14 or so. Whereas, if we give that effort to boosting, say, the cities planned for the wizard border, we gain security overall. Or if you boost the northern cities, we gain hammer monsters.

That said, if you're bound and determined to boost Sherry anyway - why this particular method? Why not rush a monument with a SoK instead of directly popping borders with a Thane - use 30 orc hammers instead of 40 Calabim ones and a rushed 30 hammer galley. Or, ahem, just rush the monument directly. Or even rush the Manor directly, and let it put up the rest.

On another note, Riesling can't quite do a 59 XP Vamp every three turns indefinitely, not unless we keep adding happiness. Each feast adds 3 turns of whip anger, and once we piss off our people too much, they'll stop farming. Could certainly build a vamp every three turns and feast it once, though. Or figure out a way to get it a couple surplus happiness, feasting once a turn only adds 1 net unhappy/5 turns, so we could get a nice starting crop out before we've got to pause to quell the riots. Maybe a Carnival build slipped in soonish (obv after Festival research), and settle down all our animals here?
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 10th, 2012, 14:18)Thoth Wrote: They've been building Adepts for some time now. Arcane and Cha/Arcane adepts.

Not *quite* that bad. Keelyn is Summoner, not Arcane, so she's got to train her adepts the old fashioned way. Beeri isn't, either. And I think only Keelyn is currently in App/Conquest for birthing adepts at 5XP. And we know that Clowns/Illians are the little civs in that team. I am intensely glad we got Titan, though, that probably doubles the time for Keelyn to make mages.

Of course, with two magical civs, they might well get both Gibbon and Hemah.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 10th, 2012, 14:26)Mardoc Wrote: On reflection - not only should we pop the GA next turn, we really should have popped it a few turns back. Can't take a time machine, though, so we'll have to settle for using it next turn.

I'm torn on the civics question, which probably means it's a good idea to swap. Seems early to be abandoning Aristo, but the sooner we're into FT, the sooner we have Towns. Which benefit you seem to have counted at zero wink. I'm a bit surprised that our maintenance bill is quite that high, but if it outweighs all the worked farms, then Down With Crowns! At least orcish ones, I'd be surprised if there's value in swapping Calabim away from farms everywhere.

We have a lot of orc cities and Deity maint costs. FT is ZERO upkeep. Agrarianism is medium. We're paying 18gpt pre-inflation for Ag vs FT. City states is Low vs medium upkeep. Currently saves 5gpt pre inflation. Costs will rise with pop growth and inflation will grow with time. So long as we can get our 4th island city settled ASAP then we're it's competetive with Arisograrianism (assuming I use some worker turns for cotts rather than farms which is fine) right now and will get stronger with time. We're aiming for Villages asap and then into Conquest. hammer , which I think means turn 109 if we use one of OSH's next settlers (due eot 107 sans GA. Should be able to shave a turn there) for a 4th West Island city. Times nicely with the planned swap. smile

Quote:I disagree with your plans for Sherry, though.

Why the heck are we spending so heavily to get the marginal city site of Sherry launched so fast? Especially at such a critical time as right now, when Currency is just around the corner, and we've got our last chance to stake a peaceful(ish) claim to borderlands. You want to spend cash for a workboat and a galley (~50 hammers total), and build and transport a Thane (40 more) - are you certain that's the best use for our resources? Wouldn't you rather have Currency a turn early, or an extra catapult on the border?

Yes, we hold off until after Currency to do any cash rushing. Getting there ASAP is our number one priority right now.

Once Currency is in we're going to have a gold surplus after fully funding tech. I'm not sure how large that surplus is but post Currency, I'd like to spend the cash for the WB and the Galley. We don't need the Galley to be rushed until around t109 (need to double check travel times) so we'll have a couple of turns of post Currency to build up a bit of gold. The payoff in terms of growth curve is huge and having that Whale happy online in the near future would be very useful as would the ability to work both Ancient Forests. We can afford to divert the Thane hammers I think. Chopping the hill forests with the Calabim worker we have nearby gains us 52 hammers towards Sherry's GM. Faster GM = faster Lighthouse, faster lighthouse, faster to size 14 at which point it will be worth 3 cpt in trade route value instead of 2 in somewhere between 10 and 15 cities. It's going to take awhile to get their and I don't want to spend any more gold on Sherry other than the WB/Galley. We've only two hammers invested into the WB right now, we could sub a third WB into the Pearl Port's queue, but that would take some turns to complete. That just leaves the Galley to rush (we can afford the worker turns, or a least will be able to by the time the galley returns from settler drop off duty). If we swap to Galley t104 working the AF we put 2hpt into galley. So we'd have 8/33h invested at start of t108. 75 g completes the galley in time for it to pick up the Thane t109 and worker and pop border 110. We also gain the immediate benefit of a second galley that can be used to scout or ferry Calabim units around. We can find plenty of use for the Galley.

Quote:Or, heck, 2 extra workers on the border, or one extra worker and a settler, or...there's a lot of things we can do with a hundred hammer investment in our empire.
True, we could cash rush 25 hammers somewhere else (and even get 50 hammers for it if they're warrens hammers). But our investment comes back as 52 extra hammers and a badly needed happy resource faster than any other method than cash rushing a monument. Which we defintely don't want to do.

Sherry's safe until at least another team gets Sailing or Priesthood, most of its tiles are poor ones to work and will continue to be. Best we can get a coast tile to be is 2/1/3,[/quote]

We can actually forgo the WB for the Fish for a few turns and still get a decent growth curve. We're overcommitted in terms of workers at the Pearl Port, which is actually intentional. We have no food specials here and every farmable grasland except one is covered in forest. I've got 4 chops coming timed to give us two 2t workboats out of the city (finishing eot 5 and eot 7). Since we'll be in GA we'll have a few overflow hammers. That plus one post archery chop gets us the 3rd wb (for Sherry Fish) done either eot 9 or 10. I think it's two turn's travel to net? So netted Fish t112.

t107 the galley is slated to ferry 2 of the surplus (Orc) workers from the mainland (we have enough workers in the right position to spare the 2 workers and still have needed roads to Corn/Marble and the West Sheep front city while still getting our tile yields up on the mainland.)

So the Sherry growth curve looks like:

t103: Founded. AF worked. +3 food/2h into workboat.
t104: skip workboat (we can afford to let the 2h decay away), start galley at 2hpt. 3/14 food.
t105 6/14. 2/33h (we *might* possibly be able to finish off Currency at Eot 5 if we burn every scrap of gold we have. If we can we should. We settle island 3 t106 and it would be nice to have the +2 commerce per city available asap. Also it means we can start getting our economic efficiency in order by pushing orc GA gold through Elohim and Calabim tech multipliers. I'm not sure what our burn rate at max tech is in Calabimia/Elohimia is atm but I think it's around 80 gpt in both (yay Org). If that is correct, we'll need the orcs to make 160 gpt net. We'll add 14 commerce from the second Island city taking us to around 72 gpt. Add another 28 commerce per turn on 106 with currency and Island city 3 (Madeira?). We'll either have currency eot 105 or after the Elohim/Calabim tech on t106 so at the very least we'll have the third trade route t106. We'll also be founding WizardPig t 106, picking up 7 commerce and adding ?? to our maint bill. So figure 85 gpt. Plus the golden age, say around 70? commerce. So 77g with undercouncil. Enough to fully fund tech with a bit of change left over. Not accounting for tile improvements completed or growth. So long as we're +25 gpt empire wide for t105, 6 and 7 we've got the gold to rushbuy my shiney. wink We'll be slamming down Markets ASApractical in both Orcdom and in Calabimia (mainly because we can do it fast in Calabimia once we can work the markets into queues.) so we'll be raising the empire wide gold output considerably (the Orc GA will help speed up prodcution on expansion to the point where we can afford to slip Markets into queues here and there once we get Festivals and keep our gpt rising)

106: 9/14 food. 4/33h at start of turn. Thane done at eot.
t 107: 12/14 food. 6/33h at start of turn. Two orc workers board galley. Thane takes mob 1 and moves West.
t108: size 2. 2 worker turns into farm. 1/16 food. 8/33 hammers into galley. Spend 75 g on galley (so long as we hit Cartography before the Orcs end turn on t109 we can still do fastest revolt, so we can if needs be run the Calabim at 10 or 20% t107 to make up the shortfall and still hit tech targets. Thane moves West. Tile useage looks funky this turn. Best we can do is either un-netted fish and Af for +3f, +2 h and +2 commerce. I think we lose 1h on overflow no matter how many hammers we produce (we can do 5 max). So 1h overflow into GM.
t109: 4/16 food in box. Farm done and worked. +5 fpt. 6 hammers added to GM. Boat sails East. Thane moves West. WB completes for Fish in mainland Pearl port. Calabim worker boards galley.
t110: 9/16 food. 6/120h Orc Workers start second farm. Thane boards galley I think, need to double check move time. plus minus 1 turn either way. Fish WB moves. Whale WB arrives from our original port.
t111: 14/16 food. 10/120h. Fish wb moves . Thane pops borders. Whales netted and exported to Calabim. (We'll have double Pearls, an Ivory and our second sugar online by this point so we're covered for Orc happies). Calabim worker moves to one of the forested hills. 2nd farm complete. Work 2x farms for +6 food.
t112: size 3 4/17food. Net Fish. Fish + 2 farms = +9 food per turn. Galley available to explore/picket. 12/120 into gm. orc workers start 3rd and final farm. Calabim worker roads.
t113: 13/17 food. 14/120h into GM. orc workers finish farm. Farm worked in Port. Road done.
t114: 5/18 food. Size 4. 16/120 h into GM. 2x farm, 1x fish, 1x af. (alt: work all three farms for +11 f) +10 fpt 2 base hammers. Calabim worker to 2nd hill. Orc workers put 2t into mine on roaded ghill.
t115: 15 or 16/18 food. Calabim worker starts road. Orc workers put 2t into mine. +10 (or 11 fpt) 18 or 20h into gm.
t116: Size 5. either 7 or 9 food/20. Max food is +12 so we get greedy with the farms t114/115. 20h into GM. 9/20 food. Work fish, 2x farms, 2x afs. Port works 3rd farm. +11 food per turn. Calabim worker completes 1st mine. 13 h into Sherry. Orc workers put 2 t into 2nd mine.
t117: Size 6. 0/21 food. GM 52/120h. Orc workers put 2t into second mine. Calabim worker completes mine. 13 h into sherry. Work fish, 2x mine, 2x af and Whale. +5 fpt. 10 base hammers. Port works as many farms as possible. smile
t118: 98/120h into GM. 5/21 food. We'll want lumbermills on the AFs, depending on needs elsewhere we can use 1-3 workers on them they aren't high priority.
t119: 118/120h into GM. 10/21 food.
t120: GM done. 18--> 9 h overflow. 15/21 food. 17 base hammers per turn.--->52 h into LH this turn.
t121: LH 52/80 h. 20/21 food.
t122: Size 7. 4/22 food. Lighthouse done. Swap to max food. (Port steals mines to bootstrap it's own GM). Fish, 3x farms, 2x AFs, Whale. +15 food per turn. 12 hpt into something or other. Harbour would be nice. smile
t123: 19/22 food.
t124: 12/24 food size 8. Add 1st non spec coast. 13hpt.
t125: size 9. 5/25 f. work second non special coast. 14 hpt. still + 15 fpt
t126: 20/25 food. 14 hpt.
t127: 10/26 food. Size 10. total 5 worked water tiles. 15 hpt. (if we start harbour straight after LH it completes at end of turn for +5 commerce)
t128: 25/26 food.
t129: size 11. 14/28 food
t130: size 12.
t132: size 14.

Quote: It's already serving its primary purpose, intercontinental trade routes; it'd give those a slight boost if it were bigger, true, but that won't happen until it's size 14 or so. Whereas, if we give that effort to boosting, say, the cities planned for the wizard border, we gain security overall. Or if you boost the northern cities, we gain hammer monsters.

With a small quantity of help now in the form of the Galley rush (the Orc workers are already slated for the island wink ) we can drastically speed up Sherry's growth curve. It's going to be a very very nice commerce source in it's own right soon. smile

Quote:That said, if you're bound and determined to boost Sherry anyway - why this particular method? Why not rush a monument with a SoK instead of directly popping borders with a Thane - use 30 orc hammers instead of 40 Calabim ones and a rushed 30 hammer galley. Or, ahem, just rush the monument directly. Or even rush the Manor directly, and let it put up the rest.

The Manor isn't worth spending gold on until size 10 or so. We can get it faster this way. smile The monument is both more expensive than the galley and a lot less useful. Main reason for galley is the worker shift, 2ndary is getting a unique happy resource up fast. We could SoK and cash rush the Monument, but that *would* divert hammers away from mainland expansion. 75g, a thane, a wb and worker turns *that are already allocated for the island* let us bootstrap Sherry into a useful city by t120 (we don't actually *have* to put it's hammers into a LH after the GM but it's a very strong play if we do). Adding an extra 10-15 commerce elsewhere is a nice bonus as well.

Quote:On another note, Riesling can't quite do a 59 XP Vamp every three turns indefinitely, not unless we keep adding happiness. Each feast adds 3 turns of whip anger, and once we piss off our people too much, they'll stop farming. Could certainly build a vamp every three turns and feast it once, though. Or figure out a way to get it a couple surplus happiness, feasting once a turn only adds 1 net unhappy/5 turns, so we could get a nice starting crop out before we've got to pause to quell the riots. Maybe a Carnival build slipped in soonish (obv after Festival research), and settle down all our animals here?

Ah, right. Forgot about the unhappies. Yes, a carnival post Festivals is definitely in order. +2 happy with the Carnival and Lion cage. The Wolf cage is decoration (and the third cage for Grand Menagerie) but the Carnival will also save the Elohim 2gpt in unit upkeeponce we build the cages. Win all around. smile
fnord

Also: including settlers on the board, we've got 15 settlers either on the board now or due in the next 8 turns.

How much more do we want to expand before we start investing in SoKs for Warrens in our (rapidly) developing new settlements?

And while we've got hard locates on our next 5 cities, I'd like some input from you guys as to what order we want to settle the rest of them. In order to keep pace, I've got to start committing worker turns towards roads t105.

Also, I have another orc galley and a trireme queued in minor cities. These island cities are *critical* to our economy. While no-one has sailing or PHood yet, it's going to take 10 t to build and deploy the ships. Considering the Islands value to us I think a small investment into Navy is worthwhile. Neither of the cities building the ships can build anything else useful and I'd really like to be able to defend the islands and/or project force against a new settlement before it can build a ship.
fnord

It's not looking like the turn is going to roll and I'm in for an early night. I should be up in time in the morning to get the worker moves done, but we'll have until tomorrow eve to get the turn finished up together.
fnord

(December 10th, 2012, 19:16)Thoth Wrote: Also: including settlers on the board, we've got 15 settlers either on the board now or due in the next 8 turns.
I, um, wow. Didn't realize we were pushing them out quite that fast - I thought we only had two cities making settlers?

Or is that the effect of Jonas?
Quote:How much more do we want to expand before we start investing in SoKs for Warrens in our (rapidly) developing new settlements?
All the way. I'm not 100% convinced we gain anything by rushing warrens in cities that can't self-build them, unless said city is going to be a settler/worker pump. Core cities should mostly be focused on making the actual military we need - or at the very least Siege Workshops and Training Yards in preparation.

Well, hmm, on second thought MilState's bonus kinda argues against that. And there's not much purpose in overbuilding military either, not beyond what we really need.

Still - honestly, I think we should build right up to the borders, where we have the garrisons to support it. Let new cities take care of themselves, for the most part - use our core hammers for the units to make them safe, not for the hammers to have warrens with 2 hpt running into them.
Quote:And while we've got hard locates on our next 5 cities, I'd like some input from you guys as to what order we want to settle the rest of them. In order to keep pace, I've got to start committing worker turns towards roads t105.

I want the floodplains pig city in the south, it's going to be a beastly Feast city. And the Elohim corn/front city. After that, maybe the two Elohim northern ports, and to shove ourselves right up in the face of the wizards all up and down the border. Ideally they get no more land toward us than they have right now - and that might give us an opportunity to test the waters with them.

I don't think we can settle toward the clowns any further than our current plans, until we have more of an army. Although in an ideal world we'd go ahead and claim that hill city and get our Forts built and upgrading, I don't think we can sustain a city there just yet. And settling toward Team Reddit is a low priority, between no Hunting yet and the brothers in faith thing.

Oh, and I'd like a steady stream of island settlers, but that'll be limited by scouting and navy and if we can find a way to kill that serpent.

Quote:Also, I have another orc galley and a trireme queued in minor cities. These island cities are *critical* to our economy. While no-one has sailing or PHood yet, it's going to take 10 t to build and deploy the ships. Considering the Islands value to us I think a small investment into Navy is worthwhile. Neither of the cities building the ships can build anything else useful and I'd really like to be able to defend the islands and/or project force against a new settlement before it can build a ship.

I'm happy to spend hammers on navy. Just get itchy about spending gold on it. Either it protects our islands, or it turns into a 2nd front somewhere squishy smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 10th, 2012, 22:09)Mardoc Wrote:
(December 10th, 2012, 19:16)Thoth Wrote: Also: including settlers on the board, we've got 15 settlers either on the board now or due in the next 8 turns.
I, um, wow. Didn't realize we were pushing them out quite that fast - I thought we only had two cities making settlers?

Or is that the effect of Jonas?

We've got 3 settlers on the board (settling t106, 106 and 108) two more are due eot 105 or 106 (settle t107 and 109) from Kipa with another pair ~3t after that. With the GA we should get another 2 from OSH eot 106/109/112. Two more WR pairs from NBA will take 2t (and give us just enough boots for coverage of expansion) with another settler queued due eot 108 (I think) and there is another settler pair queued and due in the same timeframe.

So yeah, Jonas, GA and a couple extra settlers queued. smile

Quote:How much more do we want to expand before we start investing in SoKs for Warrens in our (rapidly) developing new settlements?
All the way. I'm not 100% convinced we gain anything by rushing warrens in cities that can't self-build them, unless said city is going to be a settler/worker pump. Core cities should mostly be focused on making the actual military we need - or at the very least Siege Workshops and Training Yards in preparation.

Well, hmm, on second thought MilState's bonus kinda argues against that. And there's not much purpose in overbuilding military either, not beyond what we really need.[/quote]

In terms of building Warrens, we get the best ROI if a new city grows and build it's necessary infra and starts building units. 1t before the 1st unit completes 4 SoKs rush the Warrens. That way we spend the hammers as late as possible and get the fastest return possible.

Quote:Still - honestly, I think we should build right up to the borders, where we have the garrisons to support it. Let new cities take care of themselves, for the most part - use our core hammers for the units to make them safe, not for the hammers to have warrens with 2 hpt running into them.

Trust me Mardoc, we're not going to building Warrens in cities that have crap for production. smile I'll turn those cities into commerce pumps instead.

Quote:And while we've got hard locates on our next 5 cities, I'd like some input from you guys as to what order we want to settle the rest of them. In order to keep pace, I've got to start committing worker turns towards roads t105.

Quote:I want the floodplains pig city in the south, it's going to be a beastly Feast city.

Agreed. However it will require some careful planning and sufficient real boots to cover it. We're extending our flank with that city.

Quote: And the Elohim corn/front city.

Corn due to be settled t108. Front city in the area to cover would be nice. Can be done soonish but this is the region where we are the most tight for worker turns. We've got another couple of Elohim workers on the way but I think I'll need to build and send a pair of orc workers thisaway if we want to claim this land soon.

Quote:After that, maybe the two Elohim northern ports, and to shove ourselves right up in the face of the wizards all up and down the border. Ideally they get no more land toward us than they have right now - and that might give us an opportunity to test the waters with them.

Right now we can settle two more Wizard front cities more easily than Eastern cities (Sheep and Corn/Marble) due to worker availability.

Quote: And settling toward Team Reddit is a low priority, between no Hunting yet and the brothers in faith thing.

We'll have Hunting by t109 and I'd like contact as soon as we can soak the unhappies. +1 hammer in all our GM cities is nice and I wouldn't mind visibility on their graphs. Main reason for not pushing hard in the north is that we have better land to settle elsewhere. wink

Quote:Oh, and I'd like a steady stream of island settlers, but that'll be limited by scouting and navy and if we can find a way to kill that serpent.

We'll be settling the last of the 1t Western Isles t109 or 110 (both should be Orc btw. They'll never do anything without an insane investment of resources).

We can start colonizing the Eastern Isles once we settle Uberfood Port.

Problem in the Far East is lack of workers. Oddly enough, that means I want to cancel the worker build in Tequilla. party Instead I'll build two worker pairs in Orcdom and send them over. They'll arrive a turn or two after Tequilla can build a 3t worker. In the meantime, take Tequilla off avoid growth and get started on a bathouse. I'd like to get a few more commerce tiles worked in our Deruptus city. wink

If we're using KIPA's second t108 settler for the floodplains area we'll need at least two more workers in the area by t110. This can be arranged. smile

So:

4 settlers on the board right now: 1 settles Port and gifts to Calabim. 1 is on the galley for either 1t island (Orc). 2 are in OSH. 1 heads East to settle Corn/Pig t108 (note to self: need road on the Corn t107 as well). The other heads west and founds our Pig front city.

2 Due from Kipa eot 105: Settle northern cities t 107/109.

2 Settlers due from OSH eot 106 or 107. 1 for 4th Western (Orc) isle. 1 for either Corn/Marble or Sheep (edit: definitely sheep next)
2 settlers due from Kipa eot 108 (9?): 1 for floodplain pig, 1 for the East.
2 settlers due from NBA: eta eot 108/109. both East (Settling in some order: hilltop front city, UFP and Fur city
2 settlers due from OSH ~t110: Both head East and colonize the Eastern Islands (1t Islands could go either Orc or Elohim. Depends if we need gold or beakers).

Phew. That's a lot. XD
fnord

Ok, workers and domestic units moved. smile

I haven't tripped the orc GA, I'm I clear to do that so I can micro cities and we can get an estimate of when on t5 we get currency.

(Yes we can get currency next turn. Possibly before the Orcs turn if we burn all of our gold as fast as possible with GA.)

We can settle the far north port city any time we can get a settler and garrison there. I'd like to build a Calabim settler in our our second Calabim city. It'll have 3 unhappy faces at eot. Unhappy people don't eat food when building settlers, but we still get the hammer. XD We should be able to get that done eot 107 or 108. Accounting for travel times found circa t111.
fnord

(December 11th, 2012, 09:43)Thoth Wrote: I haven't tripped the orc GA, I'm I clear to do that so I can micro cities and we can get an estimate of when on t5 we get currency.
You've my permission. Not sure if Elli's on board, but I think he suggested the same idea about 10t ago, so I don't see him objecting.

Quote:(Yes we can get currency next turn. Possibly before the Orcs turn if we burn all of our gold as fast as possible with GA.)
Uh...8 turn ETA to 2. Sure! That makes sense wink.
Quote:We can settle the far north port city any time we can get a settler and garrison there. I'd like to build a Calabim settler in our our second Calabim city. It'll have 3 unhappy faces at eot. Unhappy people don't eat food when building settlers, but we still get the hammer. XD We should be able to get that done eot 107 or 108. Accounting for travel times found circa t111.

If the clowns are staying back (and you keep a lot of the other cities on Moroi/catapults), go for it.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker