As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

(December 9th, 2012, 09:07)Commodore Wrote: Yeah, that's going to have to be it. I blame Boudicca in my duel and DuGaulle in my PBEM, Chm is messing with my happy caps. I swapped TM to a settler, we can pop it up to size 4 in time to 2-pop whip the settler.

Growing TM for a 2 pop whip may not be worth it. I haven't run the numbers but the extra pop is only worth 20h. Working both Corn and the 2h city tile gives us 12 hpt towards settler. So 2t growth for the whip costs 24 h.

In terms of pure hammers, we're better off 1 pop whipping the settler at size 3 rather than growing to size 4 then 2 popping it. We get a couple more cottage turns by growing, but I don't think it's worth the tradeoff if it means a slower settler. (pls double check my math, I'm not 100% certain here)
fnord

So I found a use for those extra worker turns. Also, Tranquil Meadows is even more amazing:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0246.JPG]

jive
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Thoth, if you're around before the turn rolls, mind poking in to see if TM is at 8/100 or 16/100? If it's 8, no worries, but if it's 16, moving off the 1E cottage onto the horses gets us to 25/100, speeding up the settler by a turn. One interesting aspect of this is that whipping the settler will be really weak now, given 15 foodhammers per turn already once to the horse pasture completes next turn.

...and in other news, our lovely little island spot is looking still nicer. Sailing is something to keep in mind, whales would be great as well as the ability to settle the island. A work boat scout would be wonderful to seek more contacts and lands to the west, by the way...sometimes B&S makes some pretty massive unoccupied islands, too, no reason we shouldn't own those post-haste if they exist in the west.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0247.JPG]

The marble quarry finished this turn, ratcheting up the nice capital to even better heights. I'm slightly unhappy how the warrior build is working out; looks like we're 1h short of being able to finish it. Maybe we can switch to both crabs to the mines? I think we still come one food short then. Ah well, still: Look at the pretty capital!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0248.JPG]

Demos! Looks like we're doing really, really well now, although as always, Creative. The MFG has been steady there for quite some time...I think long enough for Stonehenge to have been built already, so it's probably Oracle or GLH pushing.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0249.JPG]

The best news? That other high GNP isn't Zulu. Missing both Hinduism and Buddhism, they're stuck with ikhandas or monuments for a while to pop those borders. Operation Gimmie Gold might be viable yet!

Unless chariot rush? tongue

For your consideration:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0254.JPG]

Okay, so, here's Tranquil Meadow. Given a 6 turn settler, we're looking at reaching the pink dot at, yep, t61, so we're fine there. The thing is, I'd really like to have something better than a warrior protecting the city when its founded. We're looking at an overflow of 11, so Andy after he finishes his chop near LG will chop for TM, timing it that one 59, one turn after we finish the settler, we complete a chariot 37/30(yay!).
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0255.JPG]

This means the chariot is in striking range of the near-city once its founded, and if we note a lack of preparedness (power graph shows nothing scary), we can settle turn 62, road 1E of pink dot, and then that turn 62 chariot location is "on yer gold, threatening yer McDonald's". Otherwise, we'll be roading down to copper.

How long before you have copper online in case your pink dot angers the locals?

That is looking beautiful Commodore. party

Sorry I haven't had much time to look in lately. smile
fnord

But we do need to chop out archers in both new cities ASAP. lol
fnord

Wow.
Does Pink Dot grab the copper?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.