As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

This:

[Image: N6lnl.jpg]

Should prove to be entertaining. party
fnord

Is that a size 10 city ,near you without borders expandet?

(December 14th, 2012, 05:34)mackoti Wrote: Is that a size 10 city ,near you without borders expandet?

And with plains hill gold in the second ring...
Merovech's Mapmaking Guidelines:
0. Player Requests: The player's requests take precedence, even if they contradict the following guidelines.

1. Balance: The map must be balanced, both in regards to land quality and availability and in regards to special civilization features. A map may be wonderfully unique and surprising, but, if it is unbalanced, the game will suffer and the player's enjoyment will not be as high as it could be.

2. Identity and Enjoyment: The map should be interesting to play at all levels, from city placement and management to the border-created interactions between civilizations, and should include varied terrain. Flavor should enhance the inherent pleasure resulting from the underlying tile arrangements. The map should not be exceedingly lush, but it is better to err on the lush side than on the poor side when placing terrain.

3. Feel (Avoiding Gimmicks): The map should not be overwhelmed or dominated by the mapmaker's flavor. Embellishment of the map through the use of special improvements, barbarian units, and abnormal terrain can enhance the identity and enjoyment of the map, but should take a backseat to the more normal aspects of the map. The game should usually not revolve around the flavor, but merely be accented by it.

4. Realism: Where possible, the terrain of the map should be realistic. Jungles on desert tiles, or even next to desert tiles, should therefore have a very specific reason for existing. Rivers should run downhill or across level ground into bodies of water. Irrigated terrain should have a higher grassland to plains ratio than dry terrain. Mountain chains should cast rain shadows. Islands, mountains, and peninsulas should follow logical plate tectonics.

(December 14th, 2012, 05:34)mackoti Wrote: Is that a size 10 city ,near you without borders expandet?

You mean the one with the two 4 move Elohim Griffons parked on a peak nearby?

Yes, it is.

And welcome back mackoti!!! party

Quote:And with plains hill gold in the second ring...

It'll be interesting to see how they try and improve the gold now. Tehe.

Griffons are lousy combat units, but so long as we finish turn on a peak we're untouchable until they die in a hail of fireballs post Sorcery.

We is gonna have some fun with these guys.....party
fnord

(December 14th, 2012, 06:34)Thoth Wrote: Griffons are lousy combat units, but so long as we finish turn on a peak we're untouchable until they die in a hail of fireballs post Sorcery.

We is gonna have some fun with these guys.....party

I expect to have fun with the axes and wolf riders and Moroi they can guide to targets, too...that size 10 city has only 2 WG's, a puppet, and a warrior defending, if I remember correctly...
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Hmm. I'm looking at the screenshot again and it may be deceptive.

The Blue borders you can just see are a recent build and they haven't had much in the way of pickets out. So they don't know just how close we are in the north.

Note that our pickets are positioned near where their pickets should be. :D

Plako and DaveV should be forgiven for not spotting the griffons. smile

In the screenshot there is a peak tile 4W of the Gnome city with an excellent view of the surroundings.

So we parked the Griffons 1 NW of the Peak on t104. 'Cause the only thing cooler than a pair of mob 2 Griffons onna Peak, is a pair of Mob 2 Griffons *hidden behind* a Peak within movement range of a range of peaks in hostile territory. party

The only downer is that our wolfriders were spotted a turn early so no chance of flushing soft targets north. frown

(The Easternmost WR killed the Scout that had spotted them hiding on the "Please don't move" sign at the top of the screenshot)

And before people get all down on Plako and DaveV for their tactical positioning in this area, they've more than made up for it in the area a bit south of here in terms of strategic positioning. Our current defensive position in the south stinks. Our current front city is on flatland and our best spot for a defensible front city is a forested grass hill. That we let Plako and Dave occupy with a very well promoted Sword (plus a backup unit). It's going to cost us a bit to take control of that tile if they're still occupying it (we don't currently have visibility on that tile....and our size 5 front city still lacks a border pop. The Thane is in progress. smile )

[Image: V8QcQ.jpg]
fnord

Also: Champagne needs to swap builds.

We're done building non Orc workers and we're almost done building those. smile
fnord

Perhaps they didn't feel they could risk with the griffons?
If so party
Wow 4-move griffons devil

Welcome back, mack!
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 14th, 2012, 11:39)Mardoc Wrote: I expect to have fun with the axes and wolf riders and Moroi they can guide to targets, too...that size 10 city has only 2 WG's, a puppet, and a warrior defending, if I remember correctly...

Onna Hill. And they have GoM for last ditch defenders.

We don't have an attack capable military yet. We have a decent picket and sentry net (I'd say excellent except for the fact that we have a hole in the centre East of Zinfandel), but our actual fighting capacity is crap.

With concentrated forces we can overwhelm a unit or two in the field but we aren't taking any hilltop cities with our current forces.

A feint up north might be doable in order to try and draw forces away from the Calabim south prior to an advance in that area, but we'd need to commit enough force to make the Northern attack credible.

We can probably put together the boots in reasonable time, but we'll need Kote for Haste in order to get them in place fast enough. I'm ok with that given our current teching position. NM the rubbish I posted earlier about overflow beakers and suchlike. Hunting/Archery are a bit more expensive than I thought. So we'll need both Elohim and Calabim beakers to 1t them.

So....t106: Calabim tech Festivals at 100% funded by Orcs. Finish Festivals at Calabim Eot. Elohim start Hunting. Orcs queue up many Markets (and SoKs)

t107: Calabim queue up many markets. Finish Hunting. Elohim start archery. Orcs finish some Markets.
t108: Calabim finish some markets. Finish Archery. Elohim start Kote. Orcs finish more markets.
t109: Calabim resume full milatary production. Finish Kote. Orcs queue up some Shamans and revolt to Foreign Trade (keeping Aristocracy). Elohim start Feud.
t112--114: Done Fued.

Zinfandel won't be producing many cats in that timeframe as it does need to take a few turns out for infra (Temple at least, maybe bathhouse as well) so we'll only have 6 or so in theatre.

We can have 12-15 Moroi in addition to our current forces available t114. Moroi--> Chariot is 85 g, Moroi --> Vamp is 165 g.

So we can have a credible force of Vamps/Cats/Raider chariots circa t120?

If we gun hard for IW after Fued we can probably get there by t120 so we'd have Iron available.

Orcs will be busy getting up to speed with Markets and Military Infra plus units to consolidate the Westlands. Orcs will contribute to the Eastern forces, but it'll take a bit of time yet to reach full capacity.

And we really need more mobility ASAP. We have a very large Empire with very long supply lines. Haste would help a lot.

Fancy stuff: wink

We do have one 10xp Moroi we can promote to level 4 and gift Vampirsm to.

As much as the notion of multiple Vampiric Charitots sounded cool, we're not going to be able to do it enmasse

but a Cr3/march Vampiric commando Moroi upgrades to a CR3/March/Mob 2/Flanking 3 Chariot with some cash and Feasting.

And that makes one hell of a nutcracker unit vs cities.

Also: we have several moderately well promoted warriors scattered about doing garrison duty in backline cities. Wherever possible, I'd like to replace them with new built units and promote some of them to units with actual fighting ability. wink
fnord

(December 14th, 2012, 20:22)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Perhaps they didn't feel they could risk with the griffons?
If so party
Wow 4-move griffons devil

As far as we can tell, the first sight they got of those griffons was after we moved them onto the peak near their cities.

We'd thought about going peak to peak, but decided that keeping them hidden until the last possible moment was the better play. smile
fnord