As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

Are you worried by puppets? Do you think short/long-term you can beat team puppet without crippling them now (I.e is your current harassment enough or will you have to attack/wait for arcane lacuna)

Good luck with the new found diplo to lol
What's the rule about multiple ToD?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 19th, 2012, 15:37)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Are you worried by puppets? Do you think short/long-term you can beat team puppet without crippling them now (I.e is your current harassment enough or will you have to attack/wait for arcane lacuna)
We are freakin' terrified by puppets. They can punch way above their weight, from a frankly excessive range.

Current harassment will definitely not save us from puppets. We're just aiming to delay the day of reckoning until after we've had a chance to build a real army and kill them.

We're not hugely worried about adept-summoned puppets, or about puppets at all if we can keep their numbers down. But let them get a critical mass of mages or archmages, and that's all she wrote. Plako demonstrated that quite well in 21, and that was without Ice mana to turbocharge them. Or Summoner to turbo them, either.

So...the clock is ticking...

Edit: That's the main reason we're debating Military Strategy, too. If we didn't have that time pressure of now or never, then it would be obviously good to take the Great Commander. But it might delay our first vampires, and delay would be deadly.
Quote: What's the rule about multiple ToD?

Don't think there is a rule. I expect at least Team Wiz and Team Clown to build three towers each if they can, and we might too. Main question is which helps more, three expensive techs, or 1500 hammers of military? Our goal is to make the 1500 hammers of military kill them before the techs can make the difference.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 19th, 2012, 13:53)Mardoc Wrote: I thought we banned diplo?

That was my understanding as well. I thought I signed up for an AW/CTON with banter thread (for luls).

Not a public diplo game.

However, if DaveV and plako feel they need to recruit allies in order to take us down because they can't do it on their own, it does appear that we accidentally agreed to public diplo and so they do seem to be entitled to do so.

I won't be posting in the diplo thread, Mardoc or Ellimist can do that for the team. I have nothing to say in that thread.

But as of right now we are on a total war footing.

We are going to burn down Ithralia and piss on it's ashes. We are going to burn down every single fucking Illian city and piss on their ashes. We are going to burn most of the Clown cities and piss on their ashes. And we're going to do it quite soon.

We're not fucking around anymore.

Congratulations DaveV.

You've now given me some focus.

t109: We finish Hunting with Elohim Beakers. Trigger Calabim GA. Tech Archery.
t110: We do Kote (Calabim + Elohim if needed)
t111: start Fued at full bore
t114: start Smelting at full bore
t116: start IW at full bore

So t118/119 IW and Vamps.

Then we backfill Animal Handling and head to Mithril asap while building/drafting Orgres/Vamps/Moroi.

And we aim to do some killin' by t125 latest. Sooner preferred.
fnord

Once the Carnival in Riesling completes, we build a Hunting lodge and *Commando Hunters until Feud is in. Then *Vampire.
fnord

Military Strategy?
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Hmmm always war wink
My advice would be to tell non-clowns that you'll hit them next (pointing to exposed workers hitherto left undefended) and start (minor) Harrasment of any who refuse neutrality.
Still, pissing in the ashes could convey that better wink
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(December 19th, 2012, 22:35)Ellimist Wrote: Military Strategy?

Defense in the West (ie: archery ranges and G1 archers for the front cities we're building ASAP). WK tends to be a bit cautious, and they have Floating Eyes. So a strong show of force in this area should deter for the moment. And it'll buy us a turn or two to muster defenses if we do actually have to withstand an assault.

In the north, similar. Focus on strong (cheap) garrisons and defensive infra (ARs and Walls).

We're weak here atm, so I'm aiming to take a couple of post Archery chops in Rum and Abisinthe into 1t warriors. We've fallen back into defensive positions near Abisinthe as we really don't want a pitched battle in this area. If they commit the heavies they might pose a threat. I don't think they will so long as we play smart. Those are valuable units they're playing with and they probably won't want to risk them. But you never know. wink

We've pulled the Spider back in the south. DaveV played after plako, so there is almost certainly a scout in the area.

Better they see nothing than two units disappearing on the same tile two turns in a row. We'll strike again soon enough. smile The Adept only has one promo, plus maybe one in hand.

Let them see nothing at all. smile

Napa (on the clown front) has two Soks in hand plus a Calabim Thane in hand when it founds on t112. We'll have given them at least 1t warning (more likely two) that we're going to settle there but unless they have FEs they won't see the defenses until they log in for t112 and see a city with popped borders and 35% Cultch/Archery range def. T113 the Calabim upgrade 2 maybe 3 G1 BPs to Archers in Napa. We'll have two more Soks arriving t114/5 to put 60h into walls (chops can be timed to do 1t walls without cash). So we're putting down some solid defence in the south so long as we can hold the Napa tile until we found.

We have two G1 Moroi that can move onto the Napa tile t109....and they should I think. They'll be expensive to peel off a FPH. wink Good thing DaveV/Plako didn't just fortify their swords on that tile. wink

as far as the actual war goes,

We'll want hawk vis before we commit to a final battle plan, but if we can do it....I'd very much like to open the fesivities with a strike northwards into the Illian lands. Both the Clown and Gnome borders in our East are well positioned hill cities. And we've got their attention in this area wink. So we may be able to catch them off guard with fast moving force heading north into Illian territory.

Failing that, we could always try a frontal assault. frown

In any event, the body count is going to be high on our side if we have to deal with Snowfall so we're going to need a lot of bodies. wink
fnord

Also: We bagged the drama GA.

The Calabim clocked in just under 600 GNP on the Demo screen.

And they hit GA next turn.

Warbaxia have so far stayed out of the "diplo" thread, so they may not participate in an overt dogpile, and Hart/Yell0w may prefer to sit on the sidelines and look for opportunities.

But figure on getting dogpiled as soon as our opponents can get their shit together.

So let's get ours together first. smile
fnord

I do believe Ellimist was referring to the tech, not the gameplan wink.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(December 19th, 2012, 22:40)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Hmmm always war wink
My advice would be to tell non-clowns that you'll hit them next (pointing to exposed workers hitherto left undefended) and start (minor) Harrasment of any who refuse neutrality.
Still, pissing in the ashes could convey that better wink

ATM I'd prefer that our ingame actions speak for themselves. I'm assuming that Warbaxia are watching what we are doing in the Westlands via FEs. They covered the workers this turn (thankfully.....wink ) so they may well have noticed that we gave them a pass on killing three workers last turn. wink That sort of thing says a lot more than anything in a public diplo thread can say. I just hope they were paying attention when we didn't kill the worker stack. smile
fnord