As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

Quote:Hydra just settled where I'm planning to put my next-but-one city (but on his version of the site). Its empty at the moment so I could perhaps raze it in two turns, but I don't think that's a great idea...

He's got a Quechua 2W of the city that can get there in time if he moves SE this turn.

not if harry moves first.

I don't know why you wouldnt take an easy raze if you have the chance wink.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(January 7th, 2013, 20:53)Bigger Wrote: not if harry moves first.

Harry already moved this turn, and is two tiles away. Hydra now moves his Quechua SE. Harry DOW's and moves next to the city. Hydra moves into the city, getting 25% city defense in addition to inherent C1: city is saved barring a poor RNG roll.

That's a strong future city though, and it would be a setback of 100-hammers + time into the growth-curve at that location. If you can see that the Q moves W and nothing appears on those hills E & NE mischief

Disclaimer: lurkers by definition like blood and drama hammer

(January 7th, 2013, 21:48)Cornflakes Wrote:
(January 7th, 2013, 20:53)Bigger Wrote: not if harry moves first.

Harry already moved this turn, and is two tiles away. Hydra now moves his Quechua SE. Harry DOW's and moves next to the city. Hydra moves into the city, getting 25% city defense in addition to inherent C1: city is saved barring a poor RNG roll.

That's a strong future city though, and it would be a setback of 100-hammers + time into the growth-curve at that location. If you can see that the Q moves W and nothing appears on those hills E & NE mischief

Disclaimer: lurkers by definition like blood and drama hammer

I prefer the people im ded-lurking to win tongue
agreed that if the quecha heads back there's no point, but if he doesnt, why not punish him for that? tongue

Turn 51

Thanks for the fair and balanced advice guys! Unfortunately Hydra didn't move the Quetcha where I could see it, so best to assume he's not an idiot and not attack frown although it might be a good idea to pursuade him to put some hammers into defence since Azza is now up to five Keshiks. yikes It might also be a good idea to run my spear back to my territory where I've at least got the advantage of roads...

Exeter will be settled next turn (1 late due to a forgotton whip).

In other news I'm making more food than I can whip away. I need to get some filler cities down to use some of these resources or raise the happy cap massively.

And I'm not sure what tech path to follow, I'd like the Pyramids for Hereditary Rule, and will try for them in Exeter, but if they fall in the next three or four turns I'll switch to Monarchy. So at the moment Currency is the next tech, although it'll only get an extra 4 commerce a turn right now, I guess I could build a road towards hydra to up the bonus... Or should I be aiming for Engineering and pikes?

Demos

So Azza declared on Serdoa last turn - I can probably put a bit less emphasis on spears for a little while!

Pyramids for Hereditary Rule sounds like an expensive investment compared to teching Monarchy. If you can utilize Representation well the situation might of course be different..
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

(January 10th, 2013, 09:30)Fintourist Wrote: Pyramids for Hereditary Rule sounds like an expensive investment compared to teching Monarchy. If you can utilize Representation well the situation might of course be different..

Or Police State! /Lewwyn
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Yeah, I'll only be using police state once I've got the big triangly thingies. I've learnt much from the master...

(January 10th, 2013, 10:49)Commodore Wrote:
(January 10th, 2013, 09:30)Fintourist Wrote: Pyramids for Hereditary Rule sounds like an expensive investment compared to teching Monarchy. If you can utilize Representation well the situation might of course be different..

Or Police State! /Lewwyn

thats awesome. Which pbem was this?

using pyramids for police state sounds super fun, if you can utilize it correctly smile.