As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(January 15th, 2013, 05:53)Thoth Wrote: But Devil's Advocate time:

Killing the Adept is pretty much a sure thing. We've got 8% odds to die vs the Mage. If we crap out, they'll get enough exp for an Archmage.

Safe play is to kill the Adept.

Well, one more bit on the scale for the Mage, then, Sir Advocate. Our current intention is to win this in 10-20 turns - at least the Clown front. Killing or not killing an adept won't really matter for that - either we break through at Saltus, and go rampaging, or they stop us. The Mage, OTOH, might make a significant difference on the front, now. Honestly, we're past the safe play stage, we're going to be taking risks no matter what. Compared to some of the battles we'll be taking for Saltus, 92% is a sure thing too wink.

On the archmage possibility, two relevant points:
- They don't have Strength of Will yet and won't until they get two more Towers built. If they're building Towers, they're not building stuff to stop the Moroi.
- That is an Arcane/Charismatic Mage. He's gonna have archmage XP soon anyway if unmolested. It might be worth more caution around Clown mages for that reason, but not Illian mages.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

So, um...we took the shot. And something very unlikely happened frown

[Image: PB1%20T112%20Baby%20Spider.JPG]

That's right, a Baby Spider was born from the death of the Mage! hammer

As Baby Spiders aren't very stealthy, we simply had to take the shot on the Adept, and we won (the RNG likes me tonight).
And then...poor Charlotte, you coulda been great cry

You coulda been a contender crycrycry

But we had to put her down. As hard as it is to believe they still haven't taken any anti-spider measures, a Baby Spider appearing in their territory would be a bridge too far, methinks.

So, yeah. 240 arcane hammers accounted for with just the spider so far. Keep in mind that the 17 scouts we built only cost us 272 hammers, and they're still racking up the kills! jive
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Quote:So, yeah. 240 arcane hammers accounted for with just the spider so far. Keep in mind that the 17 scouts we built only cost us 272 hammers, and they're still racking up the kills! jive

Actually, since the scouts were built under Apprenticeship/Religion we spent closer to 300h on them.

Plus a heck of a lot of upkeep gold.

But you also forgot the Worker/Slave pair we killed near Saltus a while back. wink

And the +2 happy in Reisling from animal cages.

Also Griffon scouting and in the far West, settler insurance. smile

300h isn't cheap, but I think we actually managed to get our hammers worth.

(several times over lol )
fnord

Also: we'll have Wheat soon.
fnord

Other food for thought:

The UC vote came up as "abstain" again t112. So I'm thinking we need at least one entire team in UC for the council to form.

So t113, let's revolt the Calabim to Nationhood/Overcouncil and aim to make them our Empy civ later on (post IW/Feud).

In the meantime: the Esus Holy city is 8 roaded tiles (with a city in the way) from Saltus, the Clown Capital is 9t from Saltus.

IW FTW. hammer
fnord

And I like the new Island city in place rather than 1 S.

If we SIP, I can have the Wheat farmed and roaded and gifted to the Calabim t117. We'll give up the Fish in the Island city, but gain +10% commerce and +2f in Riesling a lot faster than settling for the Fish/Incense/wheat and then having to pop borders in order to farm the wheat.

Settling that city + tile micro + worker moves should bring us back up to close to 100gpt for the orcs eot 113.
fnord

Erm...don't you want vamps in sacrifice the weak?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

at this point...CoS is 3500 b. IP is ~4500 b.

Why bother?
fnord

(January 17th, 2013, 20:54)Thoth Wrote: Why bother?

To rub it in?

I suppose Raider Rathas might just do that as well. hammer
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(January 17th, 2013, 18:46)Thoth Wrote: And I like the new Island city in place rather than 1 S.

If we SIP, I can have the Wheat farmed and roaded and gifted to the Calabim t117. We'll give up the Fish in the Island city, but gain +10% commerce and +2f in Riesling a lot faster than settling for the Fish/Incense/wheat and then having to pop borders in order to farm the wheat

Agreed, so long as we're not orphaning the fish. Which I don't think we are, from what I remember.

+a bunch of Vamp food, I think. Not just in Riesling. In perfect time for Feast preparation smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker