As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Old Harry's Game

(January 15th, 2013, 07:24)Old Harry Wrote: I'll be chopping 7 forests over two turns for 133 hammers, but they'll get stone and org rel bonus turning them into 299 hammers, then the remaining 36 hammers will come from the 4 per turn Forest Green produces naturally and some overflow. It relies a little on no-one harrassing my 4 fast workers though. I started it last turn, so it'll be six turns.

It'll all be academic when Hydra completes it the same turn and gets it on turn order though...

it looks like the borders haven't expanded yet, and you only have 2 forests in the innner ring. are you choping the other 5 when they are outside your culture and worth a lot less?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

The borders are due to expand on the turn the first set of chops come in. One of the chops will be outside even then, but it can't be helped...

hmm. I don't play quick, borders sure expand fast in quick I guess smile.

(January 15th, 2013, 07:38)Old Harry Wrote: The borders are due to expand on the turn the first set of chops come in. One of the chops will be outside even then, but it can't be helped...

If all your chops aren't coming in on the same turn could you put just two turns into that chop that's outside, switch to another forest for one turn and then go back and finish it off? You do have fast workers after all! (This wouldn't work if either of those forests is on a hill though.)

That forest isn't actually in the BFC, so waiting the 45 turns it'll take to pop the borders again might lose me the race eek

I wouldn't normally do it but I think for Pyramids it's worth it...

You're right though - fast workers make the chop micro a doddle. Ian chopped the monument last turn, then everyone flies around pre-chopping until the borders pop and seven chops come in (fingers crossed). Dario even has a turn spare in case anything goes wrong...
[Image: pyramid%20micro.png]

ah yes, that explains why you're able to get so many chops in so quickly.

Turn 55

Grimsby just keeps getting better! River incense? Mmmm.

At last some battle scars... No more fights this turn though frown But Azza built 2 more Keshiks! He can't be dumb enough to send them after Serdoa again, so I'm going to watch my borders...

Four turns to go...

Demos

Turn 56

Galley underway.

Will settle Forest Green next turn. Got sight on Aquanauts this turn, which is a great city site. I wonder when Hydra will let me have it?

All the "ready" signs indicate pre-chopped forests. The Settler from Altrincham will found Halifax after being whipped. After that I think I'll need some more workers and soldiers. What is a reasonable defence in border cities in a game like this?

So Azza and Serdoa signed peace, but Azza's power has gone up another 2 Keshik's worth. I'm going to build some more spears...

Power

Demos

Turn 57

Borders pop and chops start coming in next turn. Two turns to go...

Grimsby founds next turn, to give the stone bonus.

What is Hydra up to? He just whipped a settler in Aquanauts...

Power - Azza got another Keshik this turn too. Worrying.

Demos

All those Keshiks can't be good for the economy down the road. Just don't let them come for you in the short-term lol