As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Noble SG: No Improvements

(February 1st, 2013, 11:12)Commodore Wrote: Brick! In the southeast! We should settle on deer!

dancing

Oh yiss I got this.

Choke!!

Can you work tiles improved by the AI?
I have to run.

If by 'work' you mean pillage everything, sure! lol

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Sitting Bull's capital would be awesome for this variant. You could settle on ivory and have 2 calendar resources in good settling spots (and that coastal corn too). Could even habe 2 ivory cities to ahve something to trade with the AI. And there's lots of foodplains too.

Unfortunately, a rush doesn't seem possible. Maybe it is, long time since I last played noble (AI starts with warriors and no archers in noble, so that's a huge boost). But it's risky...

(February 1st, 2013, 13:38)Ichabod Wrote: Unfortunately, a rush doesn't seem possible. Maybe it is, long time since I last played noble (AI starts with warriors and no archers in noble, so that's a huge boost). But it's risky...

I wouldn't be surprised to see a warrior rush work, actually.
I have to run.

(February 1st, 2013, 13:41)novice Wrote:
(February 1st, 2013, 13:38)Ichabod Wrote: Unfortunately, a rush doesn't seem possible. Maybe it is, long time since I last played noble (AI starts with warriors and no archers in noble, so that's a huge boost). But it's risky...

This is obviously the path to take

Well, it's a hill city and sitting bull has a very, very high unitprobability (maybe one of the higher in the game). Some axes would definetely do the job, but there's no guarantees regarding resources (I actually think horses are more likely to be in the capital, since I think riverside copper is rare on capitals... might be just an impression, though). But, yeah, this is noble and epic speed, so my timings are probably pretty off.

(February 1st, 2013, 13:55)Ichabod Wrote:

Well, it's a hill city and sitting bull has a very, very high unitprobability (maybe one of the higher in the game). Some axes would definetely do the job, but there's no guarantees regarding resources (I actually think horses are more likely to be in the capital, since I think riverside copper is rare on capitals... might be just an impression, though). But, yeah, this is noble and epic speed, so my timings are probably pretty off.

My gut says even on noble a warrior rush probably won't work. At this point I am thinking of researching BW and then settling on copper. If the copper is off the coast, I may just chop everything around that city. Thoughts? The problem I see is that we have literally nowhere good to settle near us. Those plains wheat resources are more or less just grassland forests. Yuck! With no good city sites, I'd say using the first settler for an axe rush is probably more attractive.

Here's hoping that we find either stone or marble. Seems to me that GLH, Colossus, and Mids should all be goals (probably in that order).

I've got the save, but am planning to play tomorrow morning (about 12h from now) to allow more time for discussion. What's the general expectation for SGs in terms of turn movement by the way?

GLH and mids are probably both necessities. I guess colossus too with our capital location.

I haven't played noble in forever - can we get colossus without oracling MC?

It seems unwise to attack with axes, unless we can get them out very quickly - since our opponent has dogs frown.
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.