As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PBEM 41 Setup and Tech Thread

(February 4th, 2013, 08:09)SevenSpirits Wrote: The game is still interesting for me, except for the long turn times. If most players aren't interested in continuing I guess we should stop, because with these turns times it's clearly not working. I'll be disappointed that we didn't determine a winner, though.

My thoughts exactly. I'd like to see this played out to the point where someone wins, but this turn pace is not conducive to that. I am definitely interested in seeing this continue, so that is at least two out of us that are still.

(Also for what it's worth, I realize that I just took 24 hours to play the save. That is simply because of the superbowl. That shouldn't--and hasn't--been a regular occurrence for me)

I would like to see this game played out untill there is a clear winner.
If someone want to quit and since I'm a no-factor for myself, I can play turns for someone else as well.

I'm ready for this game to end.
(March 12th, 2024, 07:40)naufragar Wrote:"But naufragar, I want to be an emperor, not a product manager." Soon, my bloodthirsty friend, soon.

Sian?

Adhoc? You still there? The game is with you for 59 hours now....

That's me. I'm not planning to play until we figure this out. If I play a bunch and then people quit, it feels like a big waste of time.

(February 7th, 2013, 01:51)SevenSpirits Wrote: That's me. I'm not planning to play until we figure this out. If I play a bunch and then people quit, it feels like a big waste of time.

I think the problem with doing that though is that when turns aren't moving, people are more likely to lose interest/want to quit. Especially if we're only waiting on Sian here (has anyone PM'd him to look at this by the way?), I doubt we'd play more than one turn even if you were to keep playing while resolving this. I'd much rather see the turn keep moving while discussing this to keep interest in the game and not have the jarring experience of coming back to a game after having not looked at it in 2 weeks and not remember at all what was going on.

sorry ... i haven't kept myself up to date in the game specific forums the last couple of days ...

To be frank i think the game is decided allready, it just haven't been played out yet, ... the switcheroo civ in first and Shoot in second ... due to the game setup with seperate continents its going to be a long drag before its anywhere near a final fight between those two

Due to the two continents being so relatively far from each other, there have been little to no actual influential contact (short of ITR) between them, and then two 3-man 'free-for-all's ...

If four out of six people no longer want to play their civ, I guess I think we should call the game. Even if we can find enough subs in the correct timezone order, I think it's less interesting to see the outcome when all the out-of-contention-players are replaced by new substitutes, since that's likely to have a big effect on things. As for playing on with current players, I think the turn pace is clearly too slow, and if the reason is that people emphatically want the game to be over, then we should let it be over.

As far as the in-game situation, by the way, I think Shoot is in the lead, but not clearly so.

(February 8th, 2013, 00:00)SevenSpirits Wrote: If four out of six people no longer want to play their civ, I guess I think we should call the game. Even if we can find enough subs in the correct timezone order, I think it's less interesting to see the outcome when all the out-of-contention-players are replaced by new substitutes, since that's likely to have a big effect on things. As for playing on with current players, I think the turn pace is clearly too slow, and if the reason is that people emphatically want the game to be over, then we should let it be over.

As far as the in-game situation, by the way, I think Shoot is in the lead, but not clearly so.

For what it's worth, nakor said he wanted to play on, so it's only 3 out of 6.

As for the in-game situation I'd probably agree, although I think it's rather close and would thus be interesting to play out. At the very least definitely nowhere near being decided already.