As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] PB1- Mardoc buys a can of paint for Thoth and Ellimist

(February 8th, 2013, 21:03)Mardoc Wrote: I wouldn't bet against it, I just hate to say things like 'always' and 'never'. Things can always change.

When the sun goes Nova and Chariots are no longer useful, wake me up.

Until then, Coors is the only city we have with both Warrens and a SW.

Name 2 better things we can build here other than chariots.

Quote:I don't think this has changed?

Huh. Is that additive -10% or multiplicative?

Quote:If we can trade Saltus for more time, even better.

That's the whole point of taking Saltus. It lets us do a Russian defence for a turn or two extra.

Saltus buys us the time we need to get Vicars/Rathas/Vamps on the board.

Quote:We've discussed, but you know me, I'm not terribly decisive. Two turns ago I believed in Iron Working wink. I won't be certain that we're right until it works. Ask me again in 15 turns if we did the right tech path and I might have a clue.

Yeah, I was still leaning towards IW myself.

None of the choices available were bad, it's the fact that we don't seem to actually have made a choice that bothers me. frown
fnord

Your locked In now though right?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

We're up again. And again, I've got a little time tonight, but not a lot. But, if I remember correctly, this will be a relatively boring turn, primarily preparation. We've got a chunk of Feudalism to research, a bunch of units to build and move toward the fronts, and 60 workers to command, but we're not quite to a point where we can invade anyone.

So...hopefully you don't need me much.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(February 12th, 2013, 12:18)Mardoc Wrote: We're up again. And again, I've got a little time tonight, but not a lot. But, if I remember correctly, this will be a relatively boring turn, primarily preparation. We've got a chunk of Feudalism to research, a bunch of units to build and move toward the fronts, and 60 workers to command, but we're not quite to a point where we can invade anyone.

So...hopefully you don't need me much.

Should be a quiet turn. smile

I'm also a bit time limited, so I'm going to jump in and get the domestic stuff dealt with.
fnord

I've been doing some thinking and running some numbers.....

We'll found the two East Island Orc cities t122. I'd like the Orcs to swap to City States that turn.

We hit Feud on t120 after the Elohim tech. T120 Calabim beakers go into Smelting. T121 all beakers into smelting. T122 finish smelting with Calabim beakers, tech Carto with Elohim beakers. Settle offshore islands. Swap Orcs into City States saving ~140gpt in upkeep and costing ~ 175 in farm commerce. Multiple Orc cotts and WSs replace farms in mature cities, port gold cities start super fast growth curve into 3c coast tiles.

We loose a bit of gpt for a couple of turns, but our hammers will go way up and our gpt will recover fast enough to cover the shortfall with in 3t. After that, everything is gravy. smile
fnord

and it looks like we're going to gank a worker t119 and then raze a Malakim city come t120. party

[Image: VZlY12s.jpg]

Edit:

Hmmm....post IW, some OO action will either bag us a couple more Malakim cities or some AL for some Gnome Front action.

Win, win I'd say. wink
fnord

On balance, I'm agreed on the City States revolt for the orcs. Even though that requires we spend 300ish beakers on Carto, it's probably worth it. Doesn't delay Feud or IW, and I think most later techs are more 'nice to have' than 'essential'. Which describes Cartography too, come to think smile. But yeah, we want to swap out farms for cottages, at least in the Foreign Trade civ that's mostly mature cities. Which means aristo's gotta go.

(February 14th, 2013, 21:01)Thoth Wrote: and it looks like we're going to gank a worker t119 and then raze a Malakim city come t120. party
smile

Quote:Hmmm....post IW, some OO action will either bag us a couple more Malakim cities or some AL for some Gnome Front action.

Win, win I'd say. wink

Seems like overkill to me. Couldn't we do the same with just ritualists, or vampires, or Hasted Chariots, or...

Hmm. On the other hand, the gnomes have a lot of coastal cities too
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Hey, guys, could you do a screenshot dump post? You don't need to comment on the pictures, just post them. I'd like to see how the map, cities and units are doing.

(February 15th, 2013, 12:25)Ichabod Wrote: Hey, guys, could you do a screenshot dump post? You don't need to comment on the pictures, just post them. I'd like to see how the map, cities and units are doing.

I'll see what I can do. It may take awhile, we have a lot of cities (I'm not sure how many ~40 I think)

smile
fnord

(February 15th, 2013, 17:14)Thoth Wrote:
(February 15th, 2013, 12:25)Ichabod Wrote: Hey, guys, could you do a screenshot dump post? You don't need to comment on the pictures, just post them. I'd like to see how the map, cities and units are doing.

I'll see what I can do. It may take awhile, we have a lot of cities (I'm not sure how many ~40 I think)

smile

No need to post all of them. Just some overview shots and maybe the most important ones.