As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] They're cOMing to taKe mE AWAy! Haha! Hoho.

(April 16th, 2013, 14:04)Qgqqqqq Wrote: In '21 they popped some mistform late in the game (like around about when they summoned basium IIRC), and it decimated their workforce.
Hmm, I seem to recall the real workforce problem being plakonian puppet-summons. the Mistform was temporarily annoying, and that was all.

Quote:Point being, I don't think we've got a chance against one, though I like a Loki plan nod
Well...if it comes, we need to figure something out regardless. I don't want to just lay down and wait to die.

Quote:Kilmorph sounds good - as a long- or short-term religion?
I'm having second thoughts here. I'm not sure that Kilmorph will generate enough cash to be worth the beakers spent on its research. But if we do go Kilmorph, it'd be until we have a reason to swap - either to Esus for Gibbon, OO for Hemah, or AV for Sacrifice the Weak and uber-slavery.

Anyway, two turns was over-optimistic - what that really meant was cannibalizing the next day's turn. But now we've got one.

First happening: barbs doing the odd pause one turn thingie. Sometimes that's the turn you need for salvation, but in this case it's just a delay on the barb->XP conversion.
[Image: PBEM%2025%20T50%20barbpause.JPG]

Also, we have new barbs incoming, a warrior and goblin spotted. I'm going to try to occupy the defensive tiles, and force them to either attack us or go to a place where our CII warrior can have odds.
[Image: PBEM25%20T50%20barbnew.JPG]

We've got the gems road built and two turns into the gems mine. Next turn we ought to finish that mine and start on the forested plains hill to new city road, and the forest -> farm conversion. We may have to work the gems mine for a couple turns before we can get those farms done; normally I'd prefer food first, but the barbs prevented that. Still, at least we'll be working an improved tile.

Assuming no urgent needs for extra warriors, our settler should be done EOT 55. Right now it's looking plausible to get the new city site roaded and Trapeze established by that time, so I'm not going for more workers just yet. Of course we'll need them soon, particularly if we want to grow into the gems and Pagan Temple happiness.

Although - what do you think of putting the Supplies temple into either Trapeze or the third city, instead? The third city, in particular, has something like eight tiles I want to work immediately, plus two it can borrow from Trapeze if we can spare them.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(April 16th, 2013, 10:12)Mattimeo Wrote: I figured more people popping in to say they're actually reading what you put up is generally heartening tongue

True 100%!

And possibly the reason I updated today despite not much new mischief
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Oh you want spam duh
Pagan temple right, so +1 happy only?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(April 18th, 2013, 05:03)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Oh you want spam duh
No, not necessarily. But it's easier to update when I know there's three people watching than one.

(also, I've a bit of extra free time at the moment)

Quote:Pagan temple right, so +1 happy only?
Well, +1 happy with Religion civic (we're currently there), +1 with Incense (after Philosophy turns it into a resource). So potentially +2, in the long run.

Anyway, nothing much exciting this turn. Our guerilla warrior is now also Combat I, 2 more barbs poised to become XP IBT. So have some city pictures, after the turn rolled:
[Image: PBEM25%20T51%20Trap.JPG]

[Image: PBEM25%20T51%20Ring.JPG]

Current plan: work the gems in Trapeze while building farm(s), road to High Wire, then swap Trapeze to the farms for faster growth. I don't think fast growth is important enough to work a grass forest like the governor wants, but going down to +2 food/turn at size four - that needs to change, too, as soon as the workers can get the farms ready.

Myst is in next turn - I'll have to do the math to see if we should revolt before or after the settler finishes. GK may be worth enough to have the settler complete on the same date, actually.

And, since city 3 definitely depends on a non-Monument culture source (its first ring is pathetic), Festivals is next. Gems and God King ought to help get there pretty quick, I think. After that...I'm not certain, but probably Education. Unless I get too paranoid about the barbs and go for Bronze.

In any event, things are still looking pretty good. Just need to keep pushing the REX hard smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

You know how 95% odds still means you'll lose one out of twenty fights?

[Image: PBEM25%20T52%20Noooooo.JPG]

Yeah, we lost our CII warrior trying to clean up a barb warrior hanging out in the desert. No other warriors in range of the barb, since I assumed we'd succeed - maybe next turn we can finish him. Going to run a little light on defense for the next couple turns, until the settler's done, and then knock out a few more warriors. Once we have God King, we want Ringmaster grown all the way to its happy cap, even if we're only working plains forests.

I take consolation in the demographics:
[Image: PBEM25%20T52%20Demos.JPG]

Still think Festivals is next, but I'm really thinking Bronze is the best tech after that. We've finally gotten our research rate to a point where it's not eons away, at least - should improve again with an Elder Council or two and I think Loki will stay around to run Inspiration until we arrive at Knowledge of the Ether.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Quote:You know how 95% odds still means you'll l one out of twenty fights and think you're invincible?
frown

Bump smile

Edit: oh and I agree with bronze working after, and Loki.
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

(April 25th, 2013, 23:16)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Bump smile

You really haven't missed much. I've been mostly driving a moving truck, not playing with my Clowns.

Still, we've had a couple turns when I could get hotel internet and such.

We've a lot of barbs incoming. And I misinterpreted what Supplies can do - Pagan Temple is not an option. I decided to go ahead and make it into a Palisade, therefore, to stop paying that 1 gpt.

High Wire is ready to be founded next turn jive We still are Cre/Cha/Arc, surprisingly, and it would be nice if we could keep it a little longer. But if it fails us, Festivals isn't far off, and Ringmaster has a lot of production.

Both core cities grew at EOT, which is very handy. I knocked out a sixth warrior last turn, and this turn we're going for an Elder Council; I plan to run a Sage in Ringmaster to start collecting GPP for golden ages. Plus without Education, we can't really work any more improved tiles here, and science is currently a bottleneck.

After that - probably build some Freaks, and another couple workers, and move on to city 4. I would like to set up some Freak Shows for the XP, and happiness never really hurts, and of course we need some Freaks worth upgrading to Swords post-Bronze. Haven't worked out an exact queue yet, though. Ringmaster's up to something awesome like 25 hpt, so we ought to be able to knock out a lot of useful things.

I wasn't too pleased with the demos before EOT - someone's pretty much caught us up on GNP - but after EOT they're a bit rosier:

The one annoying bit about the move is that the game has progressed but my plans have not. Some point this week I hope to take the time to extend my plans beyond the vague goals listed above, to something actually detailed and logical. And maybe even something that the barbs can't interrupt.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Not much time to report tonight, but I do have some pictures:

Definitely time to start heading toward military - demos like that will prompt murderous thoughts in the neighbors wink.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Sorry missed these past two.
Awesome about the creative staying - just two more turns before we don't care.
What is it after festivals?
Hunting or bronze working?
And what religion were you going for eventually (I honestly can't remember...)?
I find it weird no ones expanded more then you - (someone's expansive right?), have they had barb troubles or is it creative causing the difference.

Edit: have you met your neighbours?

(May 1st, 2013, 06:03)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Edit: have you met your neighbours?

It would appear that he met Thessa but not the other two.
Thessa
Decius ?
gtAngel ?
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)