As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Serdoa, Ichabod and Ex-Girlfriends - co-starring NH,Bigger and Lewwyn

We should yes.

I think a possible move would be 1NW with the scout. That will give us the most tiles revealed. The settler moves onto the PH if we don't find anything in the north. Next turn the scout moves 1SW1SE. That will reveal all tiles down there and give us the most tiles revealed total. Only tile that will remain fogged is the one 2S of the settler. What is a pity but at this point I don't think it matters much. We will lose a turn for settling of course, but 2 out of 3 moves make us do that anyhow, so as of now I'm more interested in getting the most scout in possible in those turns and less about not losing that turn.

Screenie to help with what I wrote above:

[Image: T0Howtomove.JPG]

Sounds good. Maybe we'll see something on the first move that shows us where to settle.

Well FUCK WE DID!

[Image: T0Afterscoutmove.JPG]

Not sure what that means for us yet. I have to think about this. Oh, and if it isn't showing on the screenie, behind the tiles revealed in the west is ocean.

Ah, if those Ivories were riverside... frown

I'm lost... Don't really know what to do.

By the way, so much for not going Wonder heavy, right? lol Plains hill settle + quick settler could give us an easy Stonehenge, don't you think?

Yep, which would be extremely strong I feel for this game. That's why it changes so much for me. Tech has to change, settling spot might change, worker micro most certainly changes. Glad I have some hours to think about it.

(May 17th, 2013, 13:30)Serdoa Wrote: Yep, which would be extremely strong I feel for this game. That's why it changes so much for me. Tech has to change, settling spot might change, worker micro most certainly changes. Glad I have some hours to think about it.

Obviously we'll discover a grass cow tile 2S of the settler next turn, which will make all the planned micro useless again. lol

you are thinking about moving away from the fish? 1 off the coast capital seems terrible frown
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Ok lets play a little bit with the idea of getting SH. I think T41 is the earliest for us, simply for tech-reasons. If one does it without Stone and therefore Masonry they can beat us. On the other hand, it would be a 1-turn-build, so we wouldn't really care. I believe I can even time it so that we get the second settler earlier (as we don't have the tech for Granary we free up 60 hammers), potentially EOT40, together with finishing Masonry. T41 roads can be in place that he can immediately settle on the Stone and 3 forests getting chopped into SH.

But I think, if we do in general try for SH - which has its merits I feel - we can't also get Fishing at the start. That just takes too much tech (Fishing, Mining, BW, Myst, Masonry). This indicates moving onto the PH. Also I don't see anything making it worth moving north either. It would have 6 riverside tiles, 5 of those grassland, but that's not helping without Pottery.

On the other hand, we are starving for more research. Funnily enough the Fish isn't helping with that, but the lake would.

Oh, and I though shortly about a non-BW-approach. Don't think that works that hot. Settler could maybe finish T30, SH ~T35-T38. But only 1 Worker instead 2-3 is just not worth it to save 2 turns on the SH I feel.

(May 17th, 2013, 13:53)Bigger Wrote: you are thinking about moving away from the fish? 1 off the coast capital seems terrible frown

Well, the plan is moving the palace later in the game, since this place sucks as a financial capital. So, we are valuing development speed higher than late game potential of the spot (which is arguable too, in this case, since ocean sucks). "One of the coast sucks" is one of the old aphorisms of civ play that doesn't hold much ground when analysed properly (of course, given the right circumnstances, it can be pretty bad too). Securing Stonehenge, for example, is worth way more than having the possibility of working all BFC tiles later on the game.